How can I get a copy of the KSP Demo?

Dr. Kerbal

1 minute ago, Curveball Anders said:

No idea since I consider Steam to be malware in it self ;)

More seriously I'm quite sure that all products on Steam is properly checked.

Another issue is that the Demo is very very old.

Well. I got it!

4 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

how do you know that there is no kraken IRL :huh:

(JK, sry for getting off-topic)

As Sagan's good guy would say, it's easier than taking the time and analyzing things, plus it's ideal so that the culprits don't get caught....

53 minutes ago, dprostock said:

No virus, but bugs

I want to play the demo again for this exact reason lol :D I really want to mess around with the kraken and get some really spaghettified kerbals, like in all of Danny2462's vids :D  

1 minute ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

I want to play the demo again for this exact reason lol :D I really want to mess around with the kraken and get some really spaghettified kerbals, like in all of Danny2462's vids :D  

Why not? Russian roulette is a play, too....

3 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Does KSP demo contain a virus?

Folks, there is NO free demo maintained by Squad or Take-Two. If you find them offered on a third party site, they might contain everything from bugs to malicious code. I would not recommend downloading it - because I certainly would not want to take a chance of downloading anything that even had the potential of harvesting my data or wreaking havoc on my system.

24 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

what does the demo look like?

Like this.

Keep in mind that it's really pretty old. This video was made with the KSP demo that were available on Steam in 2018 I think.

Windows Defender (I'm kinda assuming you're using windows since if you're a penguin you'd shout it to the heavens) and UAC throw up so many False Positives it's absolutely absurd.

At least until you realize they throw an order of magnitude less false positives than any paid AV services and then just learn to grin and bear with it. Basically, as long as you understand where the software came from and that it can be trusted i wouldn't worry about it.

I've had Windows nuke SKSE on multiple occasions, just because the DLL injection it uses just happens to be a common method for more malicious payloads to operate. Ditto for Cheat Engine or even Flawless Widescreen.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, adsii1970 said:

Folks, there is NO free demo maintained by Squad or Take-Two. If you find them offered on a third party site, they might contain everything from bugs to malicious code. I would not recommend downloading it - because I certainly would not want to take a chance of downloading anything that even had the potential of harvesting my data or wreaking havoc on my system.

I am now deleting it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been interested in ksp for a bit but since it's like 30 bucks I want to try out the demo first to see if I like the game.  Someone already talked about this but that was over 3 years ago and want to know if and thing has changed. So how do I install the demo.

17 minutes ago, Dark_knight435 said:

So I have been interested in ksp for a bit but since it's like 30 bucks I want to try out the demo first to see if I like the game.  Someone already talked about this but that was over 3 years ago and want to know if and thing has changed. So how do I install the demo.

Unfortunately, SQUAD/T2/PD doesn't offer a free demo anywhere, and hasn't for over 4 years by now. You either buy it or not, and any 'KSP demos' online are hopelessly outdated, contain malware, or both. What I can tell you is that if one has been interested in KSP for some time, then dissatisfaction is unlikely. Sorry for this long and badly-worded reply.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.