[1.12.X] Rocket Motor Menagerie v1.1.0 - Stockalike Engine Pack

On 10/9/2021 at 3:54 AM, EStreetRockets said:

unknown.png?width=483&height=715

No offense, but the engine just looks a little plain. Perhaps you should consider adding some more detail to the exhaust, like marks coming from the reinforcing bands, as an example. I think it just looks a bit too similar to the conceptual drawings of the engine, I don't think it would've looked like that had it actually been built.

16 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

No offense, but the engine just looks a little plain. Perhaps you should consider adding some more detail to the exhaust, like marks coming from the reinforcing bands, as an example. I think it just looks a bit too similar to the conceptual drawings of the engine, I don't think it would've looked like that had it actually been built.

IMO the engine fit's right in between the complexity of real engines and the simplification of ksp engines (you don't need to model every single pipe and stuff because it would take ages and look complex when compared to other parts) and I also like it because it reminds me of NFLV engines

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

This looks like an early texture job, looks amazing already but those small details are sure to come. or not

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

I'm getting back into the groove of modding. Check out all the progress on SSME and its variants!unknown.png

So on the left I assume that's the SSME-35, in the middle you have the baseline or maybe slightly uprated RS-25, and on the end maybe SSME-150?

15 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

o on the left I assume that's the SSME-35, in the middle you have the baseline or maybe slightly uprated RS-25, and on the end maybe SSME-150?

From left to right it is: SSME-35, SSME-50, and the standard SSME-69. I am making a standalone SSME-50 and later a SSME-50/150 which will have a nozzle extension to make it into SSME-150, as well as a few other interesting variants. The nozzle extension on the 50/150 will extend during operation, much like the XLR-129 which @Zorg made for BDB.

Here is a progress update!

unknown.png

15 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

release is soon?

An official release won't happen for a while. I've got a lot of stuff I'd like to work on for this update that you can view on the roadmap in the original post. However, the unfinished SSME variants shown above are available for download on the Github development branch if you want to try them out.

30 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

An official release won't happen for a while. I've got a lot of stuff I'd like to work on for this update that you can view on the roadmap in the original post. However, the unfinished SSME variants shown above are available for download on the Github development branch if you want to try them out.

Do you have plans for a Shuttle mount for the SSMEs to go along with SOCK? 

7 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Do you have plans for a Shuttle mount for the SSMEs to go along with SOCK? 

yes, according to the roadmap

--------------------------------------------

would it be possible that we could get some part variants of the SSME-69? like the historical uprated and simplified versions? not like extra parts but BDB-like part variants?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.