Kerbal Space Program 1.12: "On Final Approach" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

7 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

I tweaked nearly every single options including those relevant to steering and it's still nigh-impossible to turn, what am I missing?

WHsVjSG.png

That fixes it for me. Bug report below. I like its potential but its restricting turning too much when its working automatically

Bug #28034: Steering Adjust isn't working correctly when set to Auto - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Bugtracker

Well, I encountered a serious problematic change

It seems that you cannot aurostrut across docking ports anymore. This kills some of my designs... and wil require addition of struts, and bringing an engineer to what used to be robotic only missions :/

Does anyone have any other solutions?

This is likely related to the abilitz to rotate docking connections... but can we have an option like the robotics where we can lock in place and then autostrut?

Edited by KerikBalm

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@KerikBalmNext planned update will have the locking option added

Good to know that there will be another.

I think there should still be a few stat tweaks for some of the parts.

The Skiff used to be OP, then got hit too hard with the nerfbat, it needs a thrust or twr buff.

There are some other minor tweaks that I would like too

1 minute ago, Rakete said:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28069?next_issue_id=28068&prev_issue_id=28070

Controllpoint of the Mk2-Dockingport is wrong. Showstopper for us SSTO-Spaceplane-guys. Please fix asap, as this prevents from good docking alignment.

I saw that before, but I didn’t think much of it because I can’t dock.

Just now, Admiral Fluffy said:

I saw that before, but I didn’t think much of it because I can’t dock.

Docking without the help of the navball is hard... annoying hard. Good, that i kept a copy of my already bug-plagued 1.11.2 install; otherwise my  SSTO-Fleet would be stuck on the ground, since docking and delivering stuff is their main purpose. 

Just now, Rakete said:

Docking without the help of the navball is hard... annoying hard. Good, that i kept a copy of my already bug-plagued 1.11.2 install; otherwise my  SSTO-Fleet would be stuck on the ground, since docking and delivering stuff is their main purpose. 

I mean I don’t know the RCS controls.

Is anyone else getting incorrect Delta-V returns on some engines?   I thought I had a file conflict with mods or something in my file folder and completely deleted and reinstalled 1.12.  But the problem persists.  Certain engines, like the Skiff/Skipper/K1, have really amazing fuel efficiency now. I made a quick dirty full up Saturn V and the first stage alone got me nearly in orbit.  Made it to the Mun with ~5000 m/s of fuel left.    Unsure if this is a bug or something on my end.  

@KaellenI did some testing. Testing in 1.7.3 and then testing in 1.12.1 shows the same amount. no difference.

I did use a simple craft though. but with a SSTO using a Skipper and then Skiff I got very similar results

Edited by Anth12

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@KaellenI did some testing. Testing in 1.7.3 and then testing in 1.12.1 shows the same amount. no difference.

I did use a simple craft though. but with a SSTO using a Skipper and then Skiff I got very similar results

@Anth12 Thank you for checking.  After some more testing, it does seem fine.  Honest bit of user error.  I have been out of the game for a short while and remembered fuel to be more difficult to manage.  I usually play with a whole host of mods but was messing around in vanilla 1.12.1 a little.  I think with more items and extra weight that I'm accustomed to it felt really off.   Glad it was just me though.  :)

21 hours ago, Rakete said:

Controllpoint of the Mk2-Dockingport is wrong.

I wonder what would have caused that...

21 hours ago, Rakete said:

Showstopper for us SSTO-Spaceplane-guys.

Well... Not for all SSTO space plane guys... I don't really use MK2 parts... Nor do I dock much with my SSTO space planes.

They get to orbit, uncouple their payloads, and go back to kerbin.

I don't really use crew shuttles all that much, and for that purpose, Eva is fine.

When I do wish to dock, as I don't use MK2 parts in general, I typically slap on a shielded docking port somewhere

Just now, KerikBalm said:

Well... Not for all SSTO space plane guys... I don't really use MK2 parts... Nor do I dock much with my SSTO space planes.

They get to orbit, uncouple their payloads, and go back to kerbin.

The most i've practily usused SSTOs for is launching small comsats.

Unless you are a guy like @Matt Lowne, it doesn't really matter.

45 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

The most i've practily usused SSTOs for is launching small comsats.

I launch 200 ton payloads enclosed by expanded 3.75 meter-base fairings with my spaceplanes... In a 3x rescaled system (orbital velocity at LKO is 4050 m/s)... When I tried my 100 ton class SSTO in a stock system, it could deliver 100 tons to a Jool intercept.

I don't watch his videos... so I don't really know what you mean by this, but there are quite a few people using spaceplanes to deliver much more than small comsats

Spoiler

FrjoK85.png

That whole thing was launched (in 2 sections iirc) by spaceplanes

NyVu7MM.png

Not quite to orbit yet... But close...

Note the lack of mk2 parts

Edited by KerikBalm

31 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

Well... Not for all SSTO space plane guys...

Okay... not all... But I use them for all my crew transfers up and to Kerbin SOI. Therefore they dock, refuel and go somewhere. The Mk2 dockingport is one of my most used parts ;-)

29 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

You said you don't know how dock. Okay, than it does not matter for you. Docking big spacestations to superstructures supported by Spaceplanes - that's where my fun starts. My Spaceplane fleet consists 50% of derivates of MK2 Fuselages for regular crew interchanges and stuff. sooo.... yeah... Showstopper for me.

I'm too much loving these bad boys:

Edited by Rakete

I would have to see a craft file/video of it happening.

I have no issues with struts unless pushing the limits of KSP but 1.12 rotating docking ports aren't allowing autostruts through which might be causing something similar to what you are talking about.

Edited by Vanamonde

[1.7.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.7.1.0 (August 19) - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

[1.8–1.11] Astrogator v0.10.2 - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Try those.

Astrogator seems more like the new transfer planner than the Transfer Window Planner to me.

The new transfer planner shows potential to out do Astrogator for accuracy if they can tweak it some more

It does straight to the encounter (when its working well) compared to Astrogator that does multiple maneuver nodes to the encounter.

Hello,

I have bought KSP on Steam and installed version 1.10.1 and have a couple of mods with CKAN.

However i noticed that you need to uninstall all mods to upgrade to version 1.12. Is that correct? 

And my other question would be is it possible to reinstall it after 1.12? Or are all mods blocked now?

Thank you for any help!

6 minutes ago, Maupa said:

Is that correct?

Most mods that are available for KSP 1.8  and up work with version 1.12.1. There are exceptions but you need to sort those out one by one to confirm each is working as expected.

Upgrade to 1.12.1 with your current mods and see what works and what doesn't. You can add additional mods as you see fit.

If 1.12.1 proves to be too unstable for you you can downgrade your version of KSP in steam to a level that works for you.

I'm currently running KSP 1.12.1 with mods that range from KSP version  1.0.5 and up without issues.

I recommend you use CKAN to install your mods.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I'm currently running KSP 1.12.1 with mods that range from KSP version  1.0.5 and up without issues.

Ok thank you but still confused. How did you update the game? I cant see any update or version for 1.12 on steam? 

-- do i need to uninstall all the mods first, then update and the reinstall the mods?? 

3 hours ago, Maupa said:

I cant see any update or version for 1.12 on steam? 

I have Kerbal Space Program configured to auto update in steam so it just sent me the hot-fix.  I never play in the steam version I just use it to create game instances of different versions of KSP as I need them.

In you game library check  Manage-> Properties-> Updates.

You do not need to uninstall mods to update on steam.

Edited by Caerfinon

8 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

In you game library check  Manage-> Properties-> Updates

Nevermind. I think i got it now. But i also did it this way but didnt get the update.

Edited by Maupa
Edit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.