10th Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt

StarSlay3r

On 6/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I hope that doesn’t include YouTube pfps. Since the logo was created by me, and I obviously am fine with it being used (maybe I’m being silly for thinking my own work is trademarked)

"The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by entrant or owned by Sponsor;" - Official Rules  
If you are using your own logo that you created and that you own, that's totally fine! You just can't use a flag that has another video game character, tv show character, brand logo, etc. on it.  

On 6/26/2021 at 5:27 AM, Noname117 said:
  Hide contents

3bSLOki.jpg

Spent several hours flying around not finding it (I wish I had brought a scansat) and actually had to have a friend find it on their save on a scanning satellite, then still couldn't fly it, had them confirm that it was it on their save, and even after having him guide me to the location I still overflew the area a couple of times before even seeing it. I kind of feel bad about posting it here since it doesn't feel legitimate, but hey, I put in the effort to get a propeller plane to Laythe safely from having not ventured beyond Duna before, so I'm still posting it for that effort alone. This was difficult to find. Not sure what I'm going to do for the others. Definitely will bring along a scanning satellite though.

Hide contents

7kCoZL3.jpg
I think Samny is jealous of this ride compared to his.
tn6DIhn.jpg
He's even trying to drive it instead of his normal rover

So, this one I planned better for. I was even building the scansat before the hint was given. I sent the scansat and lander on 2 separate launches with tons of spare dV at the right times. They launched 2 and a half hours apart and arrived 3 and a half hours apart despite a different set of maneuvers performed, particularly in regards to the Munar assist, for each craft. Unfortunately since I haven't done much with space outside of Kerbin's SOI I didn't realize the scansat needed a strong antenna or relay to actually scan, and although I could control it because the lander was always close enough for direct control it couldn't function as a relay and as such the scansat itself was effectively useless. I had to send a relay out over there, and my first try was actually going too fast to slow down. I thought getting there faster with more dV expenditure would be better, but it led to a 50 minute burn which had the spacecraft going so fast that it needed 10000 m/s of dV to slow down while only having 5000 m/s itself. Anyways, I need to make less mistakes with these hints. At least I can make a quick fix to the next scansat and get it to work.

Honestly, it's weird. I'm not even sure I want a JEB plushie. I just want to do this for the fun of it, and because I watched the threads for the earlier easter eggs back when the solar system got expanded but never participated in said hunt. I guess it feels good trying this with new ones that are only *barely* spoiled.

Hide contents

wUothOb.jpg
Oppy is so small that it was really hard to spot. Another frustrating egg to find for me.

Third one has been rough for me, can totally relate. Have had no luck on it yet...

So, at least some KSP fauna has bones.
Not gristles, not sponge. Bones.

(The teeth aren't bones, just btw. So, the Kerbal teeth weren't making this clear.)

This in turn raises some questions.

1) Is this species endemic?

2) Where are the smaller species? We could launch them instead of dogs. Even in fishtanks.

3) Where are the petunias? If any.

4) 42? (You know.)

5) Can we have this (just meated) in the Kerbal ocean?
Or at least in the Laythe or Eve ones?

6) If yes, what about harpoons?
Meat? Food? Cookbook?

7) Can we ride it?
What about the freemen hooks to do that?

8) A sand version?
(Still freemen hooks. And harpoons.)

9) Can we travel inside it to save the scuba-suit fuel?
And get then away?
Omnidirectionally?

10) Does it in some way relate to the dead Kraken on another moon?
Was it a clash of titans for the world ruling?
Or the zoo janitor left the cells open?

11) Can we mine calcium phosphate there?
Carbonate?

12) How do deliver this to the KSC museum without stock hangars, when the Hangar mod is not updated since 1.10?

13) A place intentionally left empty for your commercials.

14) Can it jump through a ring? Through a ring without fire?

So, the spaceTesla suit was not empty?

Is the police aware? 
If yes, will they fine the driver?

Edited by kerbiloid

On 6/26/2021 at 4:27 AM, Noname117 said:

actually had to have a friend find it on their save on a scanning satellite

Didi you know some probe cores have a percentage of detecting anomalies? Some are better than others. The rover probe body has 100% chance of detecting I think. 

5 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Please elaborate 

Google, "hitchhiker whale petunia"

(A long and dull explanation).

Basically, a meme from that book. Missiles get turned into a whale and a bowl of petunias falling on the planet.

The whale is here.

14 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Basically, a meme from that book. Missiles get turned into a whale and a bowl of petunias falling on the planet.

The whale is here.

Oh. Gotta pick up that book from the library.

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The whale is here.

Movie clip tho is funni

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The whale is here.

THERE'S NO LIFE ON LAYTHE, it was the Infinite Improbability Drive all the time!

4 hours ago, Souptime said:

Sorry theyre videos, the screenshot tool is broke for me :/

Just wanted to double-check,  Are you using the F1 key to take screenshots?  I've never heard of that not working.  (It saves them in a folder called "Screenshots" in the KSP directory). 

Edited by nukeboyt

After finishing with my search for now I really liked this challenge. thanks for doing it, it was super fun.

Most of all, there's more than these five, and those ones are also cool, I haven't  found them all but I am still persistent in finding them all :) 

Thanks guys,

-Doodles

10 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Just wanted to double-check,  Are you using the F1 key to take screenshots?  I've never heard of that not working.  (It saves them in a folder called "Screenshots" in the KSP directory). 

Im using the windows game bar, i never knew F1 could take screenshots

Been fun hunting so far! I've never put in the hard time to look for all the old ones, and now I've got even more to hunt down! If you're wanting some extra entertainment, I've got Jeb photobombing every screenshot.

Spoiler

4Kpx40y.png

Spoiler

IlCexfD.png

Spoiler

BBfetlW.png

Spoiler

0E8Yep3.png

Spoiler

s5TD2NF.png

Edited by Ahres

1 hour ago, dprostock said:

wiki, all easter eggs.... Juas!

The ones on the wiki are the ones not in this challenge

And yes that includes the other 1.12 Easter eggs not in this challenge 

Edited by Guest
Forgot to add “not”

THANK YOU to the team for this fun Easter Egg Hunt!    It prompted me to get back into the game after a long time away.    BTW, nice bit of class,  with "Main Designer" on the plaque. 

Edited by nukeboyt

What a fantastic reason to explore the Kerbin System again!!

here my first found:

Spoiler

GSnaP0H.jpg

Next found:

Spoiler

6GgHFvV.jpg

Edited by KnutG
Flag edit

My first entry (hint 5) took me much longer to find than I expected! Hopefully the rest of the system will be easier...    actually it's the challenge that makes it fun.

Spoiler

Updated submission with my new flag and the entire crew:

6MfNJwK.png

Link to my original submission: https://imgur.com/FpEAOM7

Entry number two (hint 1). My agency, Kerbin Aerospace Enterprises, updated their flag. It looks good on Laythe.

Spoiler

YAXO3r7.png

Number three (hint 4): Making History Friends on a snowball.

Spoiler

DaKuY7t.png

My fourth entry was a lesson in close reading. Hint 2: "On its way to a red planet... Now it's a bright red beacon in a sea of grey." Must be on Ike...

Spoiler

JOXHOYV.png

Five (hint t3). This one is definitely my favorite. What an incredible little robot.

Spoiler

ZiFgVLn.png

Edited by KenilworthKerbal