Underwater propulsion

@gussi111's thread Underwater Colonies got me to thinking about a few things beyond colonies per se. Rather than get off topic, I thought I would start a new one.

One of the less believable aspects of KSP (which granted, considering what I usually construct, is an odd statement) is the way water works. Not only in the sense that nearly everything floats, even steel girders, but also that air-breathing jets work underwater.

It would be nice to have dedicated water-jets and props that are unlocked for underwater exploration.  While my hydrofoil looks kinda cool with its submerged afterburning panthers, it really does not make a whole lot of sense.

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Irving-88-Passenger-Hydrofoil

cEWIDLD.png

16 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

@gussi111's thread Underwater Colonies got me to thinking about a few things beyond colonies per se. Rather than get off topic, I thought I would start a new one.

One of the less believable aspects of KSP (which granted, considering what I usually construct, is an odd statement) is the way water works. Not only in the sense that nearly everything floats, even steel girders, but also that air-breathing jets work underwater.

It would be nice to have dedicated water-jets and props that are unlocked for underwater exploration.  While my hydrofoil looks kinda cool with its submerged afterburning panthers, it really does not make a whole lot of sense.

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Irving-88-Passenger-Hydrofoil

cEWIDLD.png

I really like this idea, it would give us an entire new area for exploration not only on Kerbin but on other planets too especially if they make the oceans bottom interesting with maybe some areas that are very deep and some shallow and lots inbetween or perhaps a few underwater caves / caverns / holes scattered around the planet, being able to map the ocean floor in terms of depth and other features etc.

4 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Also I think it would probably be better to work on the core mechanics of the game now and leave this stuff for a future expansion/update.

Edited by gussi111
typo