The Out of Context Quote Thread

SkyFall2489

Every once in a while, we all just slip up and say something stupid. Or we say something, that makes total sense with the rest of the conversation, but alone, is completely nonsensical.

What quotes have you seen on this forum that are super weird / nonsensical out of context?

Rules:

1. Don't put in things you have said.

2. It must be from the KSP forums. Not reddit, not some Discord server, not some other forum. Just the Official KSP Forum.

3. Do not ridicule others, make sure you are not doing so unintentionally. See the first post for details on why this is.

To start us off:

On 12/16/2021 at 11:04 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

but don't have a clue how to dribble the ketchup that way.

Edited by SkyFall2489
added new rules in

So guys, the moderating team is uneasy about the concept for this thread. Although clearly meant in fun, keep in mind that we would not want our members to ridicule each other for saying something silly (which we have all done), and keep in mind that the quoted person may feel ridiculed even if that was not the intention. If the  discussion turns hurtful, consider this fair warning that we will shut it down. 

OK, then. It worked well in a real life classroom, but you're right, an internet forum might not be the best place for one of these. I will update the rules to try to deal with this, if things spiral out of control, the thread can be locked.

On 7/19/2015 at 9:47 PM, Potatto said:

Are you tired of not having Scott Manley in game? Are you tired of not looking at his pretty face while you playing KSP?

ENOUGH! NOW YOU CAN LOOK AT HIM AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!

The best mod in existence.

• 3 weeks later...

This does seem like a very sensitive thread that could upset other forum members so I wont direct quote or name names.

I would just like to say that I don't get posts from members that constantly reference games that aren't KSP, especially First Person Shooters, and that are constantly talking about killing, stabbing, shooting, blowing up, murdering etc. Surely there is a different forum more suited to that?

On 3/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, ColdJ said:

This does seem like a very sensitive thread that could upset other forum members so I wont direct quote or name names.

I would just like to say that I don't get posts from members that constantly reference games that aren't KSP, especially First Person Shooters, and that are constantly talking about killing, stabbing, shooting, blowing up, murdering etc. Surely there is a different forum more suited to that?

There’s a reason we have the lounge, it’s a forum for anything not pertaining to KSP or Science/Spaceflight.      As long as they don’t break the rules, all topics are welcome. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.