KSC race track & parking garages

Vl3d

Actually, from what I understand, Nate is a big F1 fan. And during an older interview with ShadowZone they talked about building TrackMania in the game. Also there's the green F1 car in KSP2 gameplay videos and the numerous time racing (even in multiplayer) was mentioned.

Edited by Vl3d

26 minutes ago, regex said:

Why would you park there when you can race there?

Need some updates like ramps so you can jump between them. Drive up one jump and drive down the other. This will work as its outside the pads and runways. I tended to leave an small probe core just before and after the runway to help lining up to it. 

I think the parking garages are more just a lore for where the kerbals park their cars when the go to work at KSC. It makes the space center more filled out and the facility more believable. I have doubts we will be parking vehicles we build in them (or at least that being their intended purpose)

2 hours ago, garithmar said:

It would be nice to have some functionality like Kerbal Construction Time to store the ships for later use AND have them stored like the Hangar mod so it doesn't put a load on crafts getting in range of the ksc.

Isn't that what the workspaces allow you to do?  I'm probably going to build a set of launchers in individual workspaces for each size, then different payloads can be built in the appropriate workspace to drop onto the launcher as needed.

8 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I think the parking garages are more just a lore for where the kerbals park their cars when the go to work at KSC. It makes the space center more filled out and the facility more believable. I have doubts we will be parking vehicles we build in them (or at least that being their intended purpose)

Spin off confirmed.. Kerbal Driving school!

On 2/21/2023 at 2:07 PM, Vl3d said:

Actually, from what I understand, Nate is a big F1 fan. And during an older interview with ShadowZone they talked about building TrackMania in the game. Also there's the green F1 car in KSP2 gameplay videos and the numerous time racing (even in multiplayer) was mentioned.

if that were true youd think the new tire physics wouldnt be the same trash we had to put up with in the first game but so far it looks like they just went ahead and recreated the exact same tire model.... from scratch.... again.... for ksp2...

17 hours ago, Icky said:

if that were true youd think the new tire physics wouldnt be the same trash we had to put up with in the first game but so far it looks like they just went ahead and recreated the exact same tire model.... from scratch.... again.... for ksp2...

I have to say that between the noodling, fuel-crossfeed frame rate issue, and the tire clipping issue, it does look a lot like an uncomfortable amount of KSP1 code may have been migrated into KSP2.  I truly hope this isn't the fact