Post your FPS!(And system specs.)

Arugela

I got it working on linux with a really old computer. I'm curious what others are getting performance wise.

Fedora37

Proton Experimental
Launch Options: PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command%

Phenom 1100t

16gb ddr3 1600mhz

Samsung SSD of some sort.

u4cxASK.png

vgFZJdp.png

Running a 3070, most settings on high.  Only thing I adjusted after the initial load was to switch to 4k and turn on 4x AA (needs AA). 

Don't know frames yet - haven't figured out how to get them to display, even though I've toggled them on. 

Have seen some tears, but not terrible.  Have only flown one small craft and driven about a little... But quite happy! 

EDIT:  I'm getting 75 FPS in the VAB, 25-30FPS tooling around KSC in a rover.  All settings on High with 4x AA on and FPS counter ticking away.

Very playable, very pretty!

Edit again: 12 FPS at 4k when flying over Kerbin in Map Mode at altitude.  Flew a rocket into orbit, dumped the orbit to land somewhere and see what was down there... and yeah, with the planet (in all it's beautiful glory)... 12 FPS.  Yeek!

Gonna try to fiddle with stuff and see what it does.

Edit again: Dropped to Medium Settings.  Getting a playable 20 - 25 FPS while flying over Kerbin in 'orbit'  It does jump to 60 when the planet is not in frame... but immediately back to 20 ish when looking at the planet

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

2sJ150F.png

MUiGsWT.png

cq58d1s.png

r4uZjri.png

Xq7olG2.png

These are my most important specs, and this is the kind of FPS I've been having. So far I have had a few simple bugs come up but nothing major. No major drop in FPS, will update if that happens.

Notice the difference when looking at the KSC and when looking elsewhere, a 20FPS increase.

Edited by Darkona
Added more pictures and info

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

EDIT:  I'm getting 75 FPS in the VAB, 25-30FPS tooling around KSC in a rover.  All settings on High with 4x AA on and FPS counter ticking away.

30fps at the launch pad is atrocious performance for a 3070.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

At 4k on high in an EA title? 

Perspective much? 

KSP2 has nowhere near the graphical fidelity or environmental mechanics for 30fps at 4k on a 3070 to be acceptable just driving around ksc.

But we get it, for everyone glaring issue that shouldnt be an issue youre just going to handwave it away as "EA". And a year from now when this game is still in horrible shape youll be wondering what happened.

Edited by p331083

38 minutes ago, p331083 said:

the graphical fidelity or environmental mechanics for 30fps at 4k on a 3070 to be acceptable

Not sure what you're saying.  3070 is pretty entry level for 4k in most games.  Certainly not getting a full 144 FPS on most of the titles I play, even those that are complete, patched and matured.

Kerbal isn't a FPS.  It's more like MSFS - a sim... where you don't actually have to try to max frames to be competitive or have fun.

Now - I write this fully cognizant that I'm driving a low part count rover around KSC and haven't seen much else of the game... but I am saying 'it's not all suxors' and calling for pitchforks, tar and feathers.

Edited the OP.  

4k works fine for rovers at the KSC... but once you circle the planet and drop in somewhere else... it's a different thing, entirely.  12 FPS.  That wasn't great.

That said - with all the goodies turned up; Kerbin was cool to look at and fun to land on.  Lots of scatter; trees and rocks and stuff!

This doesn't much apply to you, but if anyone else is in a similar boat, here's an anecdote. My CPU and RAM are far beyond the minimum, but I wanted to try an experiment since my RX 5700 was sort of struggling at 1080p high. I change my resolution to 1600x900 and set the Low preset. About an hour into gameplay, I had forgotten I had changed it. There was definitely some aliasing, but the framerate was solid for the most part and the game was still beautiful. I'd suggest giving 1600x900 on Low a shot if you're at or below the minimum.

8 hours ago, BobbyDausus said:

8 fps while looking on kerbin.60 FPS in space not looking at Kerbin . What the hell is going on........

I’ve noticed the same.

For me my 4090 goes to 100% and my FPS is 77 while looking at Kerbin 4k Ultra.  GPU dials back to 63% and FPS goes to 151 when not looking at Kerbin.

i7 13700KF
1080ti
32GB DDR4

1080p low: just shy of 60 FPS on launchpad with the 48 part rocket (default view, not moving the camera).
1440p high: just shy of 40 FPS on launchpad with the 48 part rocket. 

Launching and looking at KSC or Kerbin, the FPS tank down below 20 on 1080p low and below 10 on 1440p high.
Looking at the sky gives about 70 on 1080p low and 50 on 1140p high.

Edited by Kubas_inko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.