Space-Warp

X606

1 hour ago, Silvercosine said:

when i put it in my ksp 2 folder nothing happens i also have bepinex and installed the bepinex and theres no mods tab in the main menu of ksp 2 after i installed it

Then you probably did something wrong. Do you have a screenshot of your Gamedata KSP2 folder?

Is there a way to have SpaceWarp display the list of loaded mods and their versions? If so, could you add the info on how to do that to the first post in this thread?

EDIT: Apparently the only way is to click the "MODS" option in the KSP2 starting screen, fourth one down under SINGLEPLAYER, SETTINGS, and EXTRAS - right above EXIT.

Is there any way to get this info in any other game states?

Edited by schlosrat

Before this change I had one mod (Better Part Manager) which would not load with SpaceWarp.
Better Part Manager updated and required SpaceWarp 4.0.
So fair enough, obviously I am prepared to do continuous mod upgrades.
SpaceWarp version 4.0 is only provided by the so called "BepInEx version".
Now Better Part Manager works and all the other mods are not loading.
Fine, I have rolled back to SpaceWarp 3.2 and no BPM mod for now. 

Please, mods install for KSP1 was so easy, put it in the GameData folder and that's it. I know there is a need for a mod loader and I think/hope there is one coming from the KSP2 devs.
Frankly, ckan was completely pointless, but acceptably well implemented.
Don't make KSP2 into a Minecraft Forge/MultMc/GDLauncher/Orespawn mess!
This has to be easy and common across the whole modders community.

31 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

Before this change I had one mod (Better Part Manager) which would not load with SpaceWarp.
Better Part Manager updated and required SpaceWarp 4.0.
So fair enough, obviously I am prepared to do continuous mod upgrades.
SpaceWarp version 4.0 is only provided by the so called "BepInEx version".
Now Better Part Manager works and all the other mods are not loading.
Fine, I have rolled back to SpaceWarp 3.2 and no BPM mod for now. 

Please, mods install for KSP1 was so easy, put it in the GameData folder and that's it. I know there is a need for a mod loader and I think/hope there is one coming from the KSP2 devs.
Frankly, ckan was completely pointless, but acceptably well implemented.
Don't make KSP2 into a Minecraft Forge/MultMc/GDLauncher/Orespawn mess!
This has to be easy and common across the whole modders community.

That's why SpaceWarp did what it did - stop providing a mod loader and only rely on BepInEx going forward. So, there is just one functional mod loader now, BepInEx. SpaceWarp is now just a library that most mods depend on.

Because of this big change, all mods made for SpaceWarp 0.3 or earlier won't work on SpaceWarp 0.4+, and authors need to update them. It was a needed change, since most people agreed that having two different mod loaders was messy. And now after this big transition, SpaceWarp will finally be soon ready for its first stable release 1.0, which should also mean that mods will stay compatible with new versions much longer.

Also another thing to keep in mind is: KSP 1 modding scene has been here for over 10 years, it's had its time to mature, and I'm sure that all the mods/loaders/APIs weren't completely stable and set in stone within weeks or months or even years of first release. You can't really expect KSP 2 modding to become stable and forever backwards compatible just 10 days after the game's first early access build was released. It's an extremely early version which is very much a work in progress. You can expect mods to break with big mod loader/library updates and you can expect some to break with every game update, too.

Edited by munix

Ok, I'm getting sick of this.  Every time I go to install BepInEx, I get...nothing.  I installed BepInEx + SpaceWarp this morning specifically to get access to Community Fixes.  Take a look at my folder structure; this is EXACTLY what spacedock says I should have:

n5ed4UB.png

And yet, when I open KSP2, I do NOT have the section to show MODS, which means that the instructions I followed did not work.

I'm frustrated with this.  I'm tired of having to ask for help with this.  And I'm tired of being the only person here who seemingly cannot get this installed.  I am asking for someone to please - PLEASE - tell me what is wrong with my directory structure here.  Why does this not work for me?

NM - I reverted strictly to SpaceWarp v 3.  I still have no clue why, when I follow the instructions, I cannot get BepInEx to work.  Can someone please review my directory structure and validate that it's correct?  And let me know what I should have in each of the folders, to include mods?  Something is getting lost in my following the instructions.

Edited by Scarecrow71

30 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

NM - I reverted strictly to SpaceWarp v 3.  I still have no clue why, when I follow the instructions, I cannot get BepInEx to work.  Can someone please review my directory structure and validate that it's correct?  And let me know what I should have in each of the folders, to include mods?  Something is getting lost in my following the instructions.

You're using the old file structure. SpaceWarp and all your mods now go in <KSPDir>/BepInEx/plugins. Should look a little something like this (in my example KSP2 ModDev is the root directory of KSP2)

LYf3fpB.png

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Are you sure your KSP root has the correct BepInEx doorstop_config.ini and winhttp.dll? Also the old <KSP>/SpaceWarp folder should just be deleted at this point if you use SpaceWarp 0.4. Other than that, your directory structure looks correct.

Edited by munix

31 minutes ago, munix said:

Are you sure your KSP root has the correct BepInEx doorstop_config.ini and winhttp.dll? Also the old <KSP>/SpaceWarp folder should just be deleted at this point if you use SpaceWarp 0.4. Other than that, your directory structure looks correct.

Ok, none of the instructions mentions which version of doorstop or winhttp.dll needs to be in the root directory.  Both SpaceWarp and BepInEx have these components in them, and I don't know which one is which any longer.

I hate to do this AGAIN, but I need clear instructions here.  Every time I follow what's written it fails.  Without question it fails.  I'm doing something wrong by following the instructions on spacedock.

9 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Ok, none of the instructions mentions which version of doorstop or winhttp.dll needs to be in the root directory.  Both SpaceWarp and BepInEx have these components in them, and I don't know which one is which any longer.

I hate to do this AGAIN, but I need clear instructions here.  Every time I follow what's written it fails.  Without question it fails.  I'm doing something wrong by following the instructions on spacedock.

Not anymore, new SpaceWarp is just a BepInEx plugin.

Let's do this, hopefully this time I'll be clear enough:

Spoiler
  1. Ideally, start with a clean game directory. If you're using the Steam version of KSP, I'd suggest deleting everything in the "Kerbal Space Program 2" folder except for KSP2_x64_Data folder (which contains 99% of the game data) and verifying the game files on Steam, which will redownload all the missing stuff (max ~200 MB) and should leave you with a fully clean game folder
  2. Download Space Warp + BepInEx on SpaceDock
  3. Extract the contents of the zip into the "Kerbal Space Program 2" folder
  4. Run the game. You should see the Mods button on the main screen. Close the game.
  5. Place any BepInEx mods or SpaceWarp 0.4+ mods (many have not been updated to support it yet, you need to look for that info for each mod individually, that should be mentioned in their SpaceDock changelog or on their GitHub) into the "Kerbal Space Program 2/BepInEx/plugins" folder, also some mods will tell you to just extract them into the KSP 2 root folder, that is the case if their zip download already has the folder structure "BepInEx/plugins/mod_name"
    In any case, the folder with the name of the mod should end up in that one same folder ("Kerbal Space Program 2/BepInEx/plugins")

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

(@X606, the OP still has the old path, needs to be updated to reduce user confusion)

By the way, about this: X606 seems to be very rarely active on the forums, that's why cheese3660, the other co-creator, wanted to start a new thread which got merged into this.

Seems like the best way to solve this would be to follow this advice 

Edited by munix

Thanks @munix for your clear explanations. I guess the problem is that the focus is on providing the code in a hurry and not so much in providing clear and simple documentation. That combined with a simultaneous reorganisation of the folder structure is going to be messy.

My problem at the moment is that not all mods have yet updated to  SpaceWarp 0.4+.  Hopefully mod authors will have this all sorted soon enough.

31 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

Thanks @munix for your clear explanations. I guess the problem is that the focus is on providing the code in a hurry and not so much in providing clear and simple documentation. That combined with a simultaneous reorganisation of the folder structure is going to be messy.

My problem at the moment is that not all mods have yet updated to  SpaceWarp 0.4+.  Hopefully mod authors will have this all sorted soon enough.

Yeah, this change was always going to be messy, which is why it's imo for the best that it happened now that it's still so early and while SpaceWarp is still pre-1.0. As for updates, they are pretty rapid, I saw at least like 5 on the Modding Discord just today

why is bepinex now required as of v0.4.0? i was under the impression that bepinex was a carryover from ksp 1 and that space warp was an all-new modloader for ksp 2 that was working for compatibility with bepinec. now spacedock says that spacewarp has always been based off of bepinex and hence now requires both modloaders???

7 hours ago, EnchantedBread said:

why is bepinex now required as of v0.4.0? i was under the impression that bepinex was a carryover from ksp 1 and that space warp was an all-new modloader for ksp 2 that was working for compatibility with bepinec. now spacedock says that spacewarp has always been based off of bepinex and hence now requires both modloaders???

It says nowhere that it has been "always" based on BepInEx, but yes, that is the switch that happened with the 0.4 release. The developers decided that it makes no sense for them to reinvent the wheel (loading mod DLLs) when there was already a mod loader working with KSP 2 that does it better, so they axed the mod loader part of SpaceWarp (which was just a small part of its code anyway). Instead, it became just a common API platform for KSP mods to be built upon, providing abstractions for the game's code to make mod development easier. So now the mods are no longer fragmented into using one mod loader or the other - all will use BepInEx now, and a subset of those will have the SpaceWarp plugin as a dependency. It gets rid of the heavily discussed issue of two different mod loaders since there's just one now, making things easier for the end user.

Edited by munix

• 2 weeks later...

[Next version post so @X606 can update the original eventually]
Space Warp 1.0.0

Space Warp is a modding API for Kerbals Space Program 2.

Links
Space Dock
Source Code (MIT License)

Features

• Asset bundle support
  • Part modding
  • Mods menu
  • Console
  • Fancy UI stuff
    • Has an inbuilt stockalike UI skin for mods to use.
  • Addressables Support
  • Localization Support
  • Part Modding Support
  • App Bar Integration
  • Extension methods for common things

How Do I?

1. Install space warp
    1. Download the zip file
    2. Extract it into the directory where KSP2_x64.exe is located, if done correctly there should now be a BepInEx folder under there
  2. Install Mods for space warp
    • It depends on the mod, if it is a zip file with a bepinex folder extract that into the root directory, otherwise put the folder under the mod into BepInEx/plugins
  3. Create mods for space warp

I just had my patch installed and wanting to update the modloader to v 1.0.0.  But when I go into KSP root directory, there doesn't look to have any folders related to the modloader (version 0.4.0) I previously installed, yet the mods I installed previously are still showing up in game?