Better performance after patch 1?

Dantheollie

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Thus - my interpretation is that they might have tamed some resource utilization issues (via fuel flow calculations or part interactions, that kind of thing) that were impacting some machines in certain scenarios but the baseline FPS performance in graphically demanding situations will have to wait for the PQS overhaul.

I think a lot of people just see FPS = Performance, without thinking about the why.

My thoughts exactly. Getting proper statistics for this game is really difficult with the wide variety of configurations for rockets available. Wonder how many here are testing the same rocket in the same scenario and how many are just playing and noting their FPS ans if a 100 part rocket should perform as well as a 20 part rocket with 1 engine and 1 fuel tank

Slightly off topic but a I don’t think a separate thread is needed and this one seems to get good traffic. 

I was getting severe lag/fps drop inside the VAB building a large rocket, when previously I would only get very minor lag and occasional stutters. 

I didn’t have enough time to do much trouble shooting but it seemed to be triggered by the XL hydrogen tanks and largest nuclear engine. 

Is this a known bug that existed before patch, or has anyone else had this crop up post-patch?

20 hours ago, HowDoKerbal said:

Performance is greatly improved on my end. 5950x, 3070, 32GB RAM.

I’m really impressed, didn’t expect such an improvement in performance this early in the EA cycle.

What performance changes did they make? Seems it was only to lower settings and to multiple engine firing. Where exactly are you seeing FPS gains?

7 hours ago, Smegsy said:

I'm another who's getting around 2 times the performance.

P.C. is at or below min spec (i5 4690k and a 1070ti).

Overall it's pretty smooth.

When exactly are you getting 2 times the performance? 

Edited by Majorjim!

8 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

My thoughts exactly. Getting proper statistics for this game is really difficult with the wide variety of configurations for rockets available. Wonder how many here are testing the same rocket in the same scenario and how many are just playing and noting their FPS ans if a 100 part rocket should perform as well as a 20 part rocket with 1 engine and 1 fuel tank

I've been loading up saves around different bodies (often with the same craft) so I'm confident the improvements I'm seeing are legit. That said the improvements aren't that big and almost entirely seem to involve craft optimizations. For some reason I'm getting better performance on the Mun though, and none of the other bodies I've tried so far

On 3/17/2023 at 8:39 PM, Majorjim! said:

What performance changes did they make? Seems it was only to lower settings and to multiple engine firing. Where exactly are you seeing FPS gains?

When exactly are you getting 2 times the performance? 

Better late than never. First a disclaimer, as others have mentioned I'm not as yet building complex crafts. But like for like pretty much everywhere. On the ground around KSP, in the air and in space. I've not seen the jitteryness that others have mentioned.

On low settings mind you, I may try to raise them after work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.