[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Example scenario of the problem:

1. goto VAB. turn on KAC

2. goto KSC scene

3. goto SPH, turn on KAC

4. goto KSC

5. goto VAB, turn off KAC

6. goto KSC

7. goto SPH

8. goto KSC

9. goto VAB. KAC will be displayed

10. ??

11. Profit

Another:

1. goto VAB, turn on KAC

2. goto KSC. if KAC is displayed, turn it off

3. goto VAB, turn off KAC

4. goto KSC. KAC is displayed

Edited by Apollo13

As we have a stock option to Warp To places, I'd like to turn this mod's version off. I see above that it is possible, but where in the settings menu is the option? Am I just blind?

Edit: I discovered the answer, can confirm, I am blind.

Sooo... where did you find it? :blush:

edit: ah, got it: Settings -> Specifics -> Warp To Alarms -> Enable WarpTo Buttons

would for me be more intuitive somewhere under General settings. Anyway, thanks for the update TriggerAu!

Edited by Tarophon

Where is launch rendezvous alarm? I don't see it.

http://s7.postimg.org/lkrvoka53/screenshot3.jpg

Tis on the AN/DN buttton SVlad - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#Specific-Launch - as its about aligning orbits, not distances. Check how that goes

Thanks so much for this mod TriggerAu! Wouldn't know what I would do without it.

No Probs

Just saw a weird glitch. Setting up a rendezvous of 2 vessels in stable Kerbin orbit of 140Km and 150Km. Rendezvous setup in KAC said closest approach would be on orbit 6 at 26.4 km, 26.3, 26.2, 26.1, 26.0....I let it tick down to 22km before popping over here to report this.

Just saw a weird glitch. Setting up a rendezvous of 2 vessels in stable Kerbin orbit of 140Km and 150Km. Rendezvous setup in KAC said closest approach would be on orbit 6 at 26.4 km, 26.3, 26.2, 26.1, 26.0....I let it tick down to 22km before popping over here to report this.

Mind sharing the save file with that in it? Also how many orbits ahead you have it searching, eg if its only searching 6 orbits and the closestpoint is the end of the 6th orbit this can happen

The orbits (140km and 150km) are really really close. This will mean that their synodic period, the time between them being in the same relative position, will be very very long. Much longer than your orbital period. So it's reporting the closest approach within the time period it is looking in and it is at the end of that. As time progresses the end time also progresses so you see the better approach. You can tell it's not looking far enough ahead since with those circular orbits their closest appoach would of course be 10km.

In this mod (which I totally love) you add a feature to the maps to quickly warp with a single press. Is there any chance of this feature getting added to the settings menu so it can be disabled. I have clicked it a few too many times and ended up warping forward when I didn't plan on it.

Other useful features/notes are:

• Some Alarms can be repeated;
  • Edit the details of the alarm up until the point when it fires;
  • Jump back to the ship that the alarm is related to when it fires;
  • In map view you can "Warp To" nodes on the flight path;
  • Save and Restore Maneuver Node Lists and Targets associated with Alarms;
  • No need to add a part to any vessel;
  • Time will slow and Halt in Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Add subset of alarms in Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Ability to jump to ship from Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Ability to Archive Saves on Ship Jumping;

Mind sharing the save file with that in it? Also how many orbits ahead you have it searching, eg if its only searching 6 orbits and the closestpoint is the end of the 6th orbit this can happen

Yes - it was only searching to 6 orbits because that was where closest approach was, a search of 7 or higher orbits didn't give me an approach any closer. I went ahead and played through that so the save is no good at this point for troubleshooting.

The orbits (140km and 150km) are really really close. This will mean that their synodic period, the time between them being in the same relative position, will be very very long. Much longer than your orbital period. So it's reporting the closest approach within the time period it is looking in and it is at the end of that. As time progresses the end time also progresses so you see the better approach. You can tell it's not looking far enough ahead since with those circular orbits their closest appoach would of course be 10km.

The 150k orbit was fairly circular, the 140K orbit was a bit eccentric, PE at 140K, AP at about 149K. I flew the 23k closest approach that KAC gave me, actual closest on that orbit was 2.7k some 12 minutes after KAC's calculation.

In this mod (which I totally love) you add a feature to the maps to quickly warp with a single press. Is there any chance of this feature getting added to the settings menu so it can be disabled. I have clicked it a few too many times and ended up warping forward when I didn't plan on it.

It's in there. I've disabled it too. You just have to look EVERYWHERE. IIRC it's hidden on a screen you get to by clicking on a drop-down menu that looks like a label.

It's a funny suggestion, but seriously just try clicking on everything until you discover something you didn't know existed.

You'll find it via Settings->Specific Alarms->WarpTo Alarms

There are soo many settings in there now its getting crowded TBH. I thought the drop down worked OK, but maybe I shouldnt have tabs and DropDown. Thoughts?

Wasn't there a way to show my local time in this mod? If so how do I do it again? Unless these feature was removed in some past updates.

perhaps click on the yellow time in the very bottom of the screen? This should bring up a blue system time. If it doesn't, check in the settings and try again.

Have you considered an option so that the default warning time for maneuver nodes was something like (burn time / 2) + a bit? If I have a short burn planned, I have to go timewarp after the clock stops me and I'm impatient and screw it up sometimes. Or on long burns, if the clock stops me it's already too late to start. Both very kerbal kind of screw-ups, of course :)

Have you considered an option so that the default warning time for maneuver nodes was something like (burn time / 2) + a bit? If I have a short burn planned, I have to go timewarp after the clock stops me and I'm impatient and screw it up sometimes. Or on long burns, if the clock stops me it's already too late to start. Both very kerbal kind of screw-ups, of course :)

I have indeed, but to do that requires a vessel analyzer to work out the burn time and its quite a bits of code/work - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/issues/14 .