What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

With the Eve fleet safely underway, getting some miscellaneous jobs done around the Kerbin system.

48e1ZiU.jpg?1

Spacebus Ralphie, a four-seat passenger rocket, took off from KSC on a crew rotation and engineering mission.

2dyAHUj.jpg?1

It rendezvoused with the Rumfoord in Kerbin orbit, where engineer Wenlotte did some work on the lighting and communications systems in preparation for a mission to Jool at the next window.

gLSCngE.jpg?1

Ralphie then refueled and departed Kerbin orbit for the Mun, collecting science data on the way to deliver to the science lab at Barbicane Station.

gRCPZHt.jpg?1

Some of the data turned out to be quite valuable, as it seems nobody had ever sent a materials bay or a barometer to the Mun before (go figure). Anyway, Ralphie dropped off the new crew at Barbicane and picked up the old one for return to Kerbin. Now it's on its way to Minmus to refuel again and deliver a new antenna before it heads back to KSC. 

Edited by Hotaru

Bob Kerbal your a idiot , just coz your mate down the pub "go an land on the sun at night coz its cooler , don't actually try an do it".......

screenshot1.png

Bobs Lander ( seems he was quite serious about landing on the Sun )

screenshot0.png

300,000K to go

screenshot9.png

Best open the legs for smooth landing eh Bob

screenshot11_1.png

Needless to say I had to edit the save file............again as he died along with Bill an Val..............sigh..............its a hard life dealing with Bob :mellow:

Just now, Evanitis said:

Did you see that full stock helicopter made in KSP? You totally -must- google it if you didn't.

Indeed, mine was somewhat inspired by that.  I can't do those sorts of part counts without it becoming a slideshow, so I went a mod route :P

I was actually able to play again now I've replaced my broken PC. Big performance boost generally and a vastly reduced loading time. 

Ive not been doing much of note,  I'm waiting for 1.1 before starting any new projects, so I've been mostly messing with planes for fun.

Hauled more station parts (7 modules & 1 lander) off to the Mun with my tug Canopus. Managed to get a contract to expand Einstein station where this tug was docked with more habs and another lab module, so the parts headed for the Mun completed the contract while they were temporarily docked there. It took longer than I thought it would to reconfigure the modules at the Mun. I should have loaded the parts onto the tug so I could have pulled them off in the order they were needed. Copernicus station is mostly done now, just need to get mining operations started on the Mun.

I have done several things so far today. 

For starters, I began a new career, Titanus corp, and blitzed the tech tree to make this:

rRLGOBg.png

Which is made to take early advantage of the early orbit kerbin ferry contracts for cash.

So far two successful flights, one just overshooting the runway:h5hjI8P.png

and one overshooting KSC and having to make an unplanned water landing: mkt4OZi.png

And in my other save, If you have seen my thread on decommissioning my orbiter, I have decided to decommission its sister vessels as well, and so started constructing a new station:

FzWDBR6.png

so far the Lab core, and solar trusses are in place the docking/life life support modules will be removed with things slightly more permanent later on, but it might wait until 1.1 gets here. (those trusses have IR docking washers so they can move :))

Today I worked on a paddle boat :) 

From that I learned that sometimes, wing surfaces can be EXTREMELY weird with water

I also learned that the center of drag of an air brake is near the base, not the tip (yes, this was from the paddle boat, its going to be stock)

Today I had Jeb stuck in 9000km x 6,500km Kerbin orbit after he ran out of fuel on his return from Minmus orbit. He went out and pushed for a bit to lower Pe down to 5,400km but it was not easy. As he had enough supplies to keep him alive for about 15 days Val decided to take one of 2-man crafts and rescue Jeb. I spent more than 1,5 hours tryng to make this rendezvous and bring them both safely home which I managed.

Then, Jeb went to the Mun for the first time in long long long time, so he decided to take a selfie

mNmTXX8.png

I consider this my first proper science mission- sent a lab into Mun orbit with a tank of LFO, then the next mission sent the biome hopper. I hit 3 biomes easily (could've got 4 but I need to suicide burn more efficiently, it was close), got into orbit, docked, transferred 475 science to the lab, and refueled- now ready for round 2 :). I can repeat this again with the fuel left in the tank, which makes this an official long-ish term mission, another first for me (as opposed to grab and go home). And, I only forgot the lights near the docking ports :D Also, this was my first direct from launch Munshot, which saved a ton of fuel- I don't see doing it any other way from now on.

on6RCHc.jpg

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

Took a leisurely Sunday drive (remember those?) around KSC. There are a lot of pretty cool buildings and other stuff to see. Like the redneck that I am, I had to drive the buggy through the reflection pool. Problem is the pool sides are straight up and down instead of the gradual slope I imagined. D'oh! My buggy has the biggest available wheels on it and I'm stuck. Jeb may have to walk home. The water looks cool though.

6 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

You should totally send a rescue mission. An overpowered rover, or a VTOL would do, and the press would totally cover it.

I think I still have KAS/KIS for 1.0.4, I should see if it works in 1.0.5 and build a tow truck! I have no idea how to use the wenches so yeah overpowered rescue challenge accepted. I'll have to uninstall a few mods to make memory room first.

Space tourism is really becoming popular. 

Rockomax sent a disgruntled VIP to KSC, determined to prove that some Kerbals seem to enjoy things that terrify others.  The VIP enjoyed the entire flight, including threading a needle between two mountain peaks on the final descent.

Moving Parts Expert Group sent a disheveled engineer to KSC to find out whether brave Kerbals regain their nerve faster than not-so-brave ones.  Winter Owl Aircraft Emporium jumped on the bandwagon and sent four Kinuea Pigs... er... tourists to also participate in the nerve-regaining experiment.  Jeb and Val had a great time sending them into orbit and back.  Every one of them was scared during the initial ascent, but regained their composure after passing about 2,500 meters.  They all enjoyed the weightlessness of orbit as well as the initial firey reentry, but each one instantly transitioned from thrilled to terrified once the flames died down and the supersonic shockwaves appeared.  Each one remained terrified until the chutes deployed, at which point they regained their composure.

Firey reentry towards the sunrise.  Tamda Kerman from Winter Owl seems to be enjoying herself.

0TUzXYa.jpg