Naval Battle League 2016-2018

@ShadowGoat Can I get the persist now?

Edit: After the battle I finish, would anyone be interested in a ground/water battle? I have recently been working on some ground attack aircraft, and I wouldn't want them to go to waste sitting in my craft folder.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Now that classes are coming to an end (well not really but i got myself a bit of downtime) i think im REALLY onto something with my new prototype warship (which actually looks amazing with the right mods).

FnhZTtx.png

Rdxrbua.png

The production model has YET to die to my older model SK-006 armed with 15 ibeam weapons and has shown to be incredibly resilient against 1.2m rounds too all thanks to a few tricks ive picked up over the years, one of which is actually abusing the root part to make "aim at target" feature borderline worthless forcing rounds to be manually guided in the whole way for the most part.

2QsT5v6.png

d3CtUYo.png

This is what it looked like after one trial of shooting 15 ibeams at it, shot to hell and missing 90% of its armoring but still 100% functional.  Btw, this ship uses WING ARMOR and not structural panels for the entire hull (a few structural panels are present internally but thats it).  Fairly lightweight, lots of internal space (could easily make this into a wannabee carrier), and has workeable TWR/Dv as well without abusing ion engines like most of the SK-0xx line does.

3thO3Yi.png

Also, would anyone be interested in me making a "ship armoring guide" especially for the newer players that are showing up?  I have quite a bit of experience making ships (aside from occasional BDA ww2 replicas i almost exclusively develop starships/tanks/buildings all of which are designed for stock combat), so i think id be able to give everyone a good place to start from ship design wise.  Not that the ships ive seen here are bad or anything, but i see alot of critical flaws everywhere which tends to have ships eliminated way too easily...

Edited by panzer1b

Ooh, shiny. Would you mind testing it against one of my G3 Torpedoes? You can find it on this craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kevbfp4vuxc3wek/F-Tech EX-2 Poseidon.craft?dl=0

The craft itself is fairly outdated, but I haven't changed the missiles. It is designed to be fired from 1.5km away at exactly 0.0ms relative velocity to the target. 

The ship itself looks like a really unorthodox design structure, but from the pics it looks incredibly resilient. I'm interested.

oddly, my armouring structure is basically identical to the armouring structure of this thread 2+ years ago, as I remember looking at it, then building it and never replacing it. It still seems to perform quite well against "modern" munitions though. An armouring guide would be educational to see though, you obviously have a lot of experience with it. :) I'd really like if any of these critical flaws you see on the ships are on mine you would point them out, as I want to improve my ships any way I can.

@ShadowGoat Thanks, I'll have to do it tomorrow though. :( how many missiles does the used breakthrough have? As thinking about it, as long as I can destroy the unused breakthrough, it will all come down to whether or not it has enough missiles left to fully destroy ANOTHER EX-9.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

43 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Also, would anyone be interested in me making a "ship armoring guide" especially for the newer players that are showing up?  I have quite a bit of experience making ships (aside from occasional BDA ww2 replicas i almost exclusively develop starships/tanks/buildings all of which are designed for stock combat), so i think id be able to give everyone a good place to start from ship design wise.  Not that the ships ive seen here are bad or anything, but i see alot of critical flaws everywhere which tends to have ships eliminated way too easily...

Don't you dare. Ok sure, dare. But I have one uploaded and set to private already.

Gonna have to wait 13 days though.

Also, what mod is those light strips?

Edited by Spartwo

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

The craft itself is fairly outdated, but I haven't changed the missiles. It is designed to be fired from 1.5km away at exactly 0.0ms relative velocity to the target. 

The ship itself looks like a really unorthodox design structure, but from the pics it looks incredibly resilient. I'm interested.

tested your missiles, and they are solid (for a 0.6m weapon) but are about as unreliable at killing this thing as anything else.  The real issue is the fact that i designed this ship with so much empty space its like trying to destroy the internals of a ship with basically no internals whatsoever.  I had one luckshot split it apart (actual kill), but other then that one time im basically unable to destroy this thing (or even neuter it) with any sort of reliability.  That said, your missiles are one of the better 0.6m weapons ive seen around, easily comparable to my own Tribeam missiles which are of very similar design except no RCS systems and lighter weight/part count since i dont have as many engines and use a longer engagement range then 1.5km.

59 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Also, what mod is those light strips?

Glow stripes or something like that, its a mod ive used a very very long time ago i recently recompiled to get sorta functional in KSP.  Granted, its buggy and doesnt quite work correctly, i plan on creating my own version of the concept with new models and 100% new coding too.

If ur interested the mod works out of the box, just the stripes are ONLY blue and cannot be altered and is always turned on.  If you compile the code it gives you a on-off toggle switch only, color switching is broken...

59 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Thats not very effective armor design btw...  Might want to mention at least that you have to like build stuff around a 80m/s impact tolerance core or ur gonna get instakilled by a 1t microfighter armed with ant-torps

Edited by panzer1b

That's part 1 of 7 what made you think "The basics" included advanced armor design 

Also the textures are ven's stock part revamp. Can't use most rocket parts without it. Doesn't affect crafts either but you'll have to clear out a few that change models to be sure. Sepratron becomes a lot more bulky and the antennas aren't suited for 1.2

Edited by Spartwo

@panzer1b Ah, thanks for the insight. I think I will do the second major upgrade of them today, replacing the probe to one with internal reaction wheels and removing the RCS ports, as I have never turned them on. This should take away five parts and a small amount of weight. I'm not going to try to improve their firepower though, I have them round about where I want them, light enough to spam them but heavy enough to deal actual damage to most ships.

@ShadowGoat @DarkOwl57 Im never going to stop taunting you about this...

Checking, luck was on my side and the destroyer of the EX-9 Helios had expended all its missiles.

87FoiYw.png

Now the only remaining ship with weapons in the SC/Darkowl alliance fleet was the final SC Breakthrough. Taking the "SC Ring Station," I set up an encounter with it.

1oSXZLa.jpg

QHlzOAw.jpg

ViGJyxr.png

Due to its odd orbit, it took Erianna 3 burns to get a rendevous.

kaALR0m.png

Finally arriving, She zeroed her relative velocity.

KYCoPfn.png

At optimal firing range, Erianna launched a single G3 Torpedo.

wNAz4s6.jpg

The Result: Complete desolation, and a new desktop wallpaper for me.

DY2qEfF.png

This was the largest piece I could find.

Though it was a victory, as there were no ships alive capable of attacking Eos, it was not without loss, as nearly the entire F-Tech fleet was wiped out. he Passing by, the EX-9 payed tribute to the corpse of the EX-2A Apollo. Though it's body is destroyed, its mind shall control the F-Tech Fleets for many battles to come.

VICTORY! AGAINST 2 PEOPLE AT ONCE!

@Spartwo What are we doing for the scoring? I think it should be somthing like +2 for me and -1 each for shadowgoat and darkowl57, as I beat both fleets and they both lost to me. Or possibly just +1 for me.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Where? I just had a quick look through its structure and cant see it. And how are you planning to detach them? it has no control and you cant use the missiles control, and they are all still attached to it. And you cant knock them off, as that would count as attacking a craft, maing ti my turn.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Oh yeah, I wasnt thinking. :) But where is this klaw? its really bugging me, i cant find it anywhere in or on the breakthrough. Are you sure you didnt add it on in a later version of the breakthrough or something, as i have checked inside every part.

you can check if you want, but I cant find it anywhere.

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcen8pf4codv8wu/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Have you checked?

Also, @dragonaether, as they are building a collab ship, how about we make one aswell? I was never any good at carriers, but you seem to be able to make them. You could build a carrier that fits 3 of my EX-11 Atlas fighters, and then I could rebuild it slightly, adding heavy armour and things.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@ShadowGoat @DarkOwl57

@Spartwo What are we doing for the scoring? I think it should be somthing like +2 for me and -1 each for shadowgoat and darkowl57, as I beat both fleets and they both lost to me. Or possibly just +1 for me.

Well done, that puts you at the top. Gotta wait for @alexanderteah to have a chance at displacing Ya. I can't remember where you stood before the battle but I think you were at 0 putting you at 2 now as you won both compared to having won one and lost one. And I think that now puts goat at -2 and owl at -1 as opposed to the weirdness of taking one for losing but giving one for team.

I'm having difficulty with this kind of scoring so correct me if i'm wrong.

I'll have a proper method for teams up shortly.

As I did it it was like a range of scores so that sides could change at any point. If you want to run off that. If that then you'd get +1 Goat remains where he was. Which I think works better.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Imma do that. You're still at the top though I believe.

Edited by Spartwo

Ok sorted. Scoring specified in OP now. I think having it this way can promote somewhat selfish tactics in team play.

@DarkOwl57 Loses one point due to being the first out

@MiffedStarfish Gains 1 point as the winner

@ShadowGoat As the middleman neither gains or loses points

@AlexanderTeaH How you getting along?

Edited by Spartwo

@DarkOwl57 Your ships performed a lot better than I expected, particularly the armour, well done. About the Dauntless, the missile phased through the armour and pierced the cockpit, then out through the other side. Their deaths were quick, and as painless as suffocating in vacuum with multiple shrapnel wounds can be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.