[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

I'm to stupid to teleport my huge b9 spaceship into space ;)

Could someone explain this :)

Sry for my bad english

No problem! I'm happy to help. :D

1. Install HyperEdit, start KSP, open a save, and launch the ship.

2. Press ALT+H to open HyperEdit.

3. Click "Orbit Editor" to put your ship in orbit around any planet.

4. To land, click "Ship Lander" to put the craft down on the surface.

I hope this helps. If not, I'll try again.

Good luck!

Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll be able to explore without CHEATING!! :wink:

That's what Mechjeb is for! :P </flamebait>

I've had a lot of fun with HyperEdit so far. I really only plan on using it as a bug/game equalizer where if there's something entirely dumb (like a program crash, not pilot or construction though) that happens.

However, I do have a suggestion on the "Drop/land Ship" setting. Right now we have to change orbit to that body, then "land" once we find where we want to land.

Add selection for which SOI we would like to land on, it seems to only chose the current SOI.

That's what Mechjeb is for! :P </flamebait>

I've had a lot of fun with HyperEdit so far. I really only plan on using it as a bug/game equalizer where if there's something entirely dumb (like a program crash, not pilot or construction though) that happens.

Just to get it said, I use MechJeb, but only as a "normal" flight computer that any spacecraft would have, and NOT "cheating". HyperEdit, however, is about as cheaty as you can get. :P
However, I do have a suggestion on the "Drop/land Ship" setting. Right now we have to change orbit to that body, then "land" once we find where we want to land.

Add selection for which SOI we would like to land on, it seems to only chose the current SOI.

I thought of adding that to the ToDo list, but it is so easy to just do the Orbit first, that I never bothered.

@Ezriilc

Everythingstartingfromstep3

Sry :P

From step three:

1. Click "Orbit Editor".

1. To choose a different ship, click "Select orbit to edit".
    2. To choose a different planet, click "Select body".

3. Enter your desired altitude. Set this above any mountains!
    4. Click "Set".

If you need more help, there are many good tutorials on YouTube for HyperEdit.

A very good job on the new Ribbon Generator, if I had less schoolwork I would've helped you with it, but good job though.

Thank you very much! As you can possibly tell, I'm extremely proud of it. I hadn't released the code until after I published it, but I would never turn down an offer of help. It was great fun to build, and I think it's my best work yet.

My work on the new Ribbon Generator is partly why nothing much has been done to HyperEdit - that, and the fact that it just keeps on working. I've also been upgrading The Craft Kitchen, which is nearly ready now. After that, I plan to write a new Flag Generator, which also seems to be quite popular.

I thought of adding that to the ToDo list, but it is so easy to just do the Orbit first, that I never bothered.

I actually *have* implemented this in the past, and basically it was unreliably explodey. Teleporting from orbit to the surface is a long enough jump (you might notice your ship vibrating *right* after it teleports to the surface if you have a good computer with high framerate), any longer (cross-solar-system) would just make it go boom at a really high probability.

Still trying to fix out other boom problems, so not jumping on the chance to add even more boomieness, haha

Just to get it said, I use MechJeb, but only as a "normal" flight computer that any spacecraft would have, and NOT "cheating".

That's honestly my thinking as well. It does remove the monotony of launch number 154 to the same general parking orbit. Excessive tediousness != fun (IMO)

Still trying to fix out other boom problems, so not jumping on the chance to add even more boomieness, haha

You make it sound like boomieness is bad? :0.0: We can always blame it on Bill. evilkerbal.gif

Uh, where's the download? I looked on the website and the newest version is 0.21.0
The good news is that all official HyperEdit releases are on our site at: Kerbaltek.com

The better news is that our latest version listed there is labeled:

"HyperEdit-1.2.4.2_for-KSP-0.21.1+.zip".

You will also see on that page:

"This version of HyperEdit may also work with newer versions of KSP, so try it out!".

But the best news of all, is that the current version does work with KSP v0.25+, just like the OP says. :wink:

Whew! I've been working on the new site for some time and now it's ready!

It should be much faster and more reliable, and registered users are now recognized across the entire site (not just the Ribbon Generator), opening the door for lots of cool features. As always, please try it out and report any trouble - thanks!

If I try to go from the surface of Kerbin to a 80k orbit, half my craft breaks apart and all Kerbals die from excessive G-forces.

I always have to, first go to a 1M orbit and then down to 80k.

Using the Ship Lander is more like russian roulette. Half of the time my craft will explode and the other half it'll just make crazy G-force noises.

I'm using both DRE and FAR which I assume are having to do with these problems.

Still, you haven't updated this mod in over a year and it's incompatible with two of the most common mods...

If I try to go from the surface of Kerbin to a 80k orbit, half my craft breaks apart and all Kerbals die from excessive G-forces.

Using the Ship Lander is more like russian roulette. Half of the time my craft will explode and the other half it'll just make crazy G-force noises.

Still, you haven't updated this mod in over a year and it's incompatible with two of the most common mods...

I'm truly sorry that you're having trouble, and for your frustration. I feel your pain.

However, khyperia is back on the team, and currently working furiously on some updates to HyperEdit. Eventually, we hope to address the 'spoding on teleport issue, and maybe even kill that kraken. Even still, physics in Unity are... strange, and this problem is a big one for sure.

To "fix" this problem all I do is "land" the ship 2-3 times at different altitudes. I use the landing tool to put my ship stationary outside the atmosphere, and then again inside the atmosphere a few hundred meters off the ground, and then finally 50 meters off the ground.

Would it be possible to just have Hyperedit do that automatically? Possibly skipping the middle step? Just place the ship over the lat/long specified when you said to land, but at the current orbital altitude. Let physics realize what you did, and then set the altitude to what the player wants?

#NotACoder

Edited by 5thHorseman

To "fix" this problem all I do is "land" the ship 2-3 times at different altitudes. I use the landing tool to put my ship stationary outside the atmosphere, and then again inside the atmosphere a few hundred meters off the ground, and then finally 50 meters off the ground.

Would it be possible to just have Hyperedit do that automatically? Possibly skipping the middle step? Just place the ship over the lat/long specified when you said to land, but at the current orbital altitude. Let physics realize what you did, and then set the altitude to what the player wants?

#NotACoder

Pre-note, all this info of "I implemented a thing" is from the dev version, not available for download. (well, it is, if you know how to compile C# source from the github repo)

Okay, good news (maybe). I just re-made the lander teleportation system, it's using a completely different system now. It used to use the Krakensbane (you remember that thing, from a looong time ago?) to teleport, which apparently had some issues with DRE.

I'm now using manual orbit setting, just like the standard teleportation system from the Orbit Editor. This means that you will actually be *on rails, in atmosphere* for about a second before the game unpacks you and physics enables.

I've enabled a small upward velocity boost after teleporting to make sure you don't fall through the ground while you're on rails, which happened in testing.

Hopefully DRE realizes that the craft is on rails and it's the wrong idea to make things go kaboom - although I haven't tested with DRE yet, will probably do that tomorrow sometime. (btw, I've tested with FAR, and it's completely fine with everything I throw at it, I'm not sure where all the complaints are coming from)

Using the standard orbit editor also means that it's likely that it will work with cross-solar-system landings, so I might be able to implement direct landings - instead of teleport to orbit, and only then land. I haven't tested it, though, so no guarantees.

So hopefully I get this version out soon, I *completely* re-wrote the internals of the GUI system (with a new integrated help system), so there's probably a lot of bugs - I want to squeeze those out before I release any new version. I know you want new stuff, but I also don't want people come running back saying it doesn't work!

I just implemented planet editing persistence across game restarts as well - basically you click "save planet to file" in Planet Editor and then when you restart KSP, hyperedit detects the file and applies the changes within it.

It's sort of like RSS, but a much, much simpler system - if you want the full-out RSS deal, then just use RSS :P (but the hyperedit system should be good for minor things like simple orbit editing or atmosphere stuff, like the current in-game editor does)

However, I need some beta testers to make sure it all works (the creator of any software never finds any of it's bugs, it's like a law), so if you're interested, PM me!

I just implemented planet editing persistence across game restarts as well - basically you click "save planet to file" in Planet Editor and then when you restart KSP, hyperedit detects the file and applies the changes within it.

It's sort of like RSS, but a much, much simpler system - if you want the full-out RSS deal, then just use RSS :P (but the hyperedit system should be good for minor things like simple orbit editing or atmosphere stuff, like the current in-game editor does)

However, I need some beta testers to make sure it all works (the creator of any software never finds any of it's bugs, it's like a law), so if you're interested, PM me!

Awesome sauce!

Hey, i've got a Problem with Hyperedit.. :/

When I try to put 2 ComSats (RemoteTech) in same Orbit, the game Crashes.

Regards,

Gigi

Hi, Gigi. Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but HyperEdit is not known to cause game crashes. Please try it with a fresh install of KSP and HyperEdit without any other mods or add-ons.

If you still have the same problem, then please upload a copy of your ship for me to test with. You can send it using the Contact page or upload it to the Craft Kitchen on my site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.