[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Would it be possible to exempt one kerbal from the life support requirements? I would like to have a robot kerbal to use with MKS, to do all the initial base setup and I'm hoping to there might be an easy way to do this with module manager maybe? I could then use texture replacer to give that kerbal a robot skin! What does everyone think sound possible?

Would it be possible to exempt one kerbal from the life support requirements? I would like to have a robot kerbal to use with MKS, to do all the initial base setup and I'm hoping to there might be an easy way to do this with module manager maybe? I could then use texture replacer to give that kerbal a robot skin! What does everyone think sound possible?

just find a nice probe core then when the parts are there eject the probe core is better

Err no. The majority, if not the entirety, of base setup can be done with probes, forethought and creativity if you're really against sending a kerbal there. What can a kerbal do that a probe core can't? Connect KAS pipes? Well, send the different sections up and place them so all kerbals have to do when they get there is connect it up. Need ground pylons in a specific place? Send a rover loaded up with pylons on decouplers and decouple them where needed.

If you want to move sections around or what have you, I repeat - what's wrong with a probe or an RGU?

I'll add that since most MKS modules have integrated probe cores, you can do pretty much everything without a Kerbal except for KAS (and I find myself using that less lately with intertial stabilizers on the module bases now standard), Also, the weight requirement for LS for just one Kerbal is surprisingly light.

Ok, geez I didn't mean to offend with my question! Nothing's wrong with using a probe core, I just thought the robot would be neat, and I was thinking specifically of the KAS attached tubes in MKS.

You took my answer entirely the wrong way - I wasn't offended nor did I mean to cause offence, I just asked why you'd need a kerbal instead of a probe. But yeah, like I said, if you plan things out, all the kerbals would need to do upon arriving is hook up the pipes. That would take, what, 5 minutes?

Taranis, with the release of 0.24 videos showing rescue missions being available, how would TACLS handle the life support for them? Just in case you haven't seen them, contracts come through that are based around 'rescue this kerbal from LKO' (no clue if it's just LKO or if it will be from elsewhere). The kerbal is spawned using the same method asteroids are. Would TACLS not activate until they get within loading range? Or would it do what it currently does and calculate the amount of life support used since going on rails/created?

If you don't know, that's fine I guess we'll find out sooner or later, I'm just hyped and curious.

EDIT: Oh and also, Kerbin days are now 6hrs dead, not 6hr 51s. Don't know if that's important but hey ho.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is there any talk of a part which creates food? The fact that interplanetary missions require food shipments is my biggest concern of adopting this mod. That sounds like a lot of work to keep distant Kerbals alive. :)

Perhaps water + oxygen + electricity could produce food (from plants)? How else do you explain the Kerbals' green color? Clearly vegetarians.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is there any talk of a part which creates food?
A greenhouse part is in the works but until then, there's various add-ons that close this loop, including the Munseeker or marce greenhouses.

And in searching the thread for 'greenhouse', I came across jink's model too. EDIT: Also, there's Cerebrates version.

I should note that so far, apart from Cerebrates greenhouse, none have been made/updated for TACLS 0.9.X.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

And in searching the thread for 'greenhouse', I came across jink's model too.

I should note that so far, no greenhouse part has been made/updated for TACLS 0.9.X.

I'm tracking the resource changes in 0.9 for my greenhouses in an internal test build and will release that as soon as TACLS 0.9 is officially released.

I'm flying with 0.9 and my patched greenhouses every day now and test out scenarios. No Kerbals ran out of food yet. :-)

I just upgraded to 0.9 pre and it's been running fine for the past 4 hours or so.

Note: for people using KSPModAdmin to uninstall the previous version and install the new version. KSPModAdmin does not remove the LifeSupport.cfg file. This is a problem since the new version has completely changed the resource use rates and using the old version's values will kill your kerbals off pretty quickly. :)

Well, I just got a look at the OP right now since usually I'm hovering on the last page or near.

I noticed the pics don't show up anymore or just me?

Also, TaranisElsu, there's AlbertVDS's Cargo Transfer Bags which also supports TACLS (Didn't see it as an option in OP.)

It's a little late from the newest version though.

Well, I just got a look at the OP right now since usually I'm hovering on the last page or near.

I noticed the pics don't show up anymore or just me?

Nope, they don't show anymore for a long time.

Also, TaranisElsu, there's AlbertVDS's Cargo Transfer Bags which also supports TACLS (Didn't see it as an option in OP.)

It's a little late from the newest version though.

There are a lot of parts that are not listed in the OP.

I've noticed that none of the converting parts (Carbon Extractor, Water Splitter) seem to be doing anything. Did I miss something or are they just not working?

They work for me. Can you post you output_log?

Why did you change the units from Kerbal-days to liters?

-Duxwing

in the prerealse he has changed them also its based off the kerbin 6hour day it still needs tweaking since 1 life support container is enough for roughly 25 days for 1 kerbin right now from when i tried it

Is anyone experiencing weird drops off energy charge after coming back from EVA with TAC 0.9? This is happening to me:

BmEp8Al.png

33oh7I5.png

yq2HMMD.png

edit: damn, dunno how to put giantic SS inside spoiler boxes to spare your mouse scroll... sry

edit2: It doesn't happens with crew of more than one when at least one kerbal stays inside the pod

Edited by BadLeo

Taranis, Could you throw a link to the parts mod I made along with the other mods?

It's a really nice set of parts, it really lives up to such a great mod as TAC. I was using it before I got the 0.9 and I'm looking forward to use it again after it1s updated. :D

Edited by BadLeo