[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Since it leads to a common mistake when installing my mods, I would like to gather your opinions and see if there are strong feelings one way or the other. Please answer this quick straw poll:

In your opinion, should I group all of my mods under the ThunderAerospace directory or not?

http://strawpoll.me/2298616

I like the idea it would keep some from deleting the wrong mod by accident (or in an anger fueled rage), and messing up several of their ships and saves. I hope that they would remain separate downloads and just add the new mod into the existing folder, that would be a nice touch.

So, Life support mod+ Rescue stranded Kerbal mission/contract+ Kerbal construction time mod= You'd better keep a pre-built rescue rocket in storage, ready to go the minute that contract is accepted. I like it, adds a sense of urgency, I just wish I had thought of it, before it got my first rescue kerbal killed.

So, Life support mod+ Rescue stranded Kerbal mission/contract+ Kerbal construction time mod= You'd better keep a pre-built rescue rocket in storage, ready to go the minute that contract is accepted. I like it, adds a sense of urgency, I just wish I had thought of it, before it got my first rescue kerbal killed.

Rescue mission Kerbals should not start needing life support until you get within the 2.4 km loading distance. I did notice that it is not giving them any resources though, which I will try to fix, so you only have 2 hours from when they load until they die of either oxygen deprivation or air toxicity (no EC). You have to close the last distance quickly. Also make sure that you have enough supplies on the rescue ship so that when the Kerbal boards and gorges on food that the Kerbal does not consume all the remaining supplies.

Rescue mission Kerbals should not start needing life support until you get within the 2.4 km loading distance. I did notice that it is not giving them any resources though, which I will try to fix, so you only have 2 hours from when they load until they die of either oxygen deprivation or air toxicity (no EC). You have to close the last distance quickly. Also make sure that you have enough supplies on the rescue ship so that when the Kerbal boards and gorges on food that the Kerbal does not consume all the remaining supplies.

Yeah, its been fine on all the other rescues, but my first one, I blew it and had to orbit a few times before I could make another meet up, which, ended badly. {My first close approach was 400meters, at nearly 1000m/s speed difference, I hadn't even circularized my orbit yet, was costing to appoapsis, and nearly hit the poor guy.}

I actually just got done filming my rescue attempt, but I was unaware of the 2 hour limit though once they properly loaded. Now I know....and knowing is half the battle! It will be uploaded on Wednesday to see if it was successful or not ;)

I just realised why all my rockets are suddenly struggling to get into orbit, turns out Oxygen has an incredibly high mass, with the 1.25m oxygen container having a mass of 26.18. Seems crazy considering the Mk1 command pod has a mass only slightly over 1 and the 1.25m food tank is 0.09, this cannot be right.

I just realised why all my rockets are suddenly struggling to get into orbit, turns out Oxygen has an incredibly high mass, with the 1.25m oxygen container having a mass of 26.18. Seems crazy considering the Mk1 command pod has a mass only slightly over 1 and the 1.25m food tank is 0.09, this cannot be right.

1) Make sure the {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/TacResources.cfg file looks like this, and delete {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg.

2) Check to see if another mod is also defining Oxygen, or any of the other resources in the TacResources file.

3) If that does not fix it, then follow these directions: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help.

It was indeed another mod, in this case it was Karbonite using what I assume are the old densities so removing those definitions fixed the issue.

Really?? Let me double check that because I literally copied mine from the TAC-LS configs.

Here is the current Karbonite definition (as of 0.2.2)

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
//TAC Life Support
name = Oxygen
density = 0.0004290144
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

And the one I have in TAC-LS 0.9 PRE:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.0004290144
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
}

(Sorry, I just do not see how this can be Karbonite... those values look exactly the same to me)

(Sorry, I just do not see how this can be Karbonite... those values look exactly the same to me)

These are the values in my copy of the 0.9 prerelease:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION{
name = Food
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.022017094017094
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.0001
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.0000014100
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.000055836
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = CarbonDioxide
density = 0.0000019510
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Waste
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = WasteWater
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}

If your copy is really 0.9, it looks like its config files got overwritten with the 0.8 values somehow.

@Roverdude:

These are the values in my copy of the 0.9 prerelease:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION{
name = Food
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.022017094017094
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.0001
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.0000014100
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.000055836
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = CarbonDioxide
density = 0.0000019510
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Waste
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = WasteWater
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0
}

If your copy is really 0.9, it looks like its config files got overwritten somehow.

Looks like the issue is with the version on Curse...

May want to fix that. For now I'll pull the numbers from GitHub

(Edit for clarity)

I pulled my TAC build from Curse, which lists it as 0.9 PRE #4. Apparently whatever I downloaded is incorrect because it has different LS numbers. Is it safe to assume that the current Github version can be considered canonical?

I downloaded mine from curse several days ago and have the updated numbers so I'm not sure how it gave you the old definitions but yes, the version of TAC on Github has the correct definitions.

Yep looks like the curse version has bad data in it. Ah well, tweaking my stuff now

Read the last few posts above yours. Re-download, delete the Community Resource folder. Reinstall.

Or more accurately, if you use Karbonite, just delete Karbonite and re-download (the CRP folder will overwrite itself with the new values). Current Karbonite version with the fix is 0.2.3). If you delete the CRP folder entirely you'll kill Karbonite :P

Side note... because I hate scooby doo mysteries...

Looks like there are two versions on Curse. curse.com as 0.8, kerbal.curseforge has 0.9. I'll let you guess which version Google decided to give me first...

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221022-tac-life-support

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/221022-tac-life-support

Looks like our poster above got the 0.8x version judging by the can textures.

Side note... because I hate scooby doo mysteries...

Looks like there are two versions on Curse. curse.com as 0.8, kerbal.curseforge has 0.9. I'll let you guess which version Google decided to give me first...

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221022-tac-life-support

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/221022-tac-life-support

Looks like our poster above got the 0.8x version judging by the can textures.

Both 0.8 and 0.9 are on Curse, but the big "Download" button is skipping 0.9 because I originally marked it as a Beta release. Now it won't change the release type to a normal "Release". You can see both files listed if you click on "Other Downloads".

@SgtMook, RoverDude is right that you need to double check that you got the 0.9pre4 release, not 0.8. Or make sure you completely delete the old version of TACLS before installing the new version.

Edited by TaranisElsu

Both 0.8 and 0.9 are on Curse, but the big "Download" button is skipping 0.9 because I originally marked it as a Beta release. Now it won't change the release type to a normal "Release". You can both files listed if you click on "Other Downloads".

Serves me right for hitting the big download button ;)

Loving the mod! I just did my first Kerbal rescue, and this mod added a welcome degree of urgency to the final maneuvers. Plus, the "failure" mod "Dang It" blew out a big battery during the rescue attempt, and I had to fix it to keep my pilot alive. I'm not reloading saved games, so I was quite nervous. Fortunately, it all went smoothly.

I have a strategy question. I'm using Deadly Re-entry, and I packed my snacks just below the capsule -- and of course they fried during re-entry. (The capsule itself was fine.) Do people generally jettison/decouple the life support modules before re-entry, or shield them, or what? Not a big deal, but I hate to see all those Doritos get toasted. Maybe I should've packed the raw-meat module instead? :)

Thanks again for a terrific mod.

Do people generally jettison/decouple the life support modules before re-entry, or shield them, or what? Not a big deal, but I hate to see all those Doritos get toasted. Maybe I should've packed the raw-meat module instead?

I personally stick with the Soyuz\Apollo method of cramming your stuff behind the capsule in the service module, and jettisoning it just before you hit the upper atmosphere. After checking there is still 02 and electricity left in the capsule, of course. :sealed:

Hi there,

I'm using the pre4 and when I do an EVA, immediately all resources are depleted for the Kerbal and everything goes red! I did use the default settings for EVA (EvaDefaultResourceAmount = 43200), but that doesn't seem to work...

I'm using the following mods:

- Karbonite

- 000_Toolbar

- B9_Aerospace

- CommunityResourcePack

- Kerbal Engineer Redux

- FAR

- Firespitter

- KAS

- RasterPropMonitor

- Infernal Robotics

- ModStatistics

- Final Frontier

- OpenResourceSystem

- DockingPortAlignment

- PartCatalog

- Procedural Fairings

- RemoteTech2

- ScanSat

- TarsierSpaceTech

- TAC (off courser)

Any conflicting Mods? Why is the TAC immediately depleted on EVA?

Greetings,

Gesture.