[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

Hey guys...

Is it possible to have a track playing in Kerbin's atmosphere?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I've checked 15 pages and found nothing x-D

The current version only allows you to change what songs are played, not where or when they're played. The next release will allow you to play tracks pretty much anywhere.

That's great news :-]

Also, are there any benefits from using certain file types? (is it any better to use .ogg instead of .mp3?)

There are differences between the three filetypes: .wav has the largest file size on disk (everything is the same size in memory) and best audio quality (lossless). Both .wav and .ogg use the Unity sound loader which I found to have longer loading times during testing. .mp3 uses the libmpg123 library which is faster, but doesn't seem to work with Linux. .mp3 also generally has the lowest sound quality. If your music is already in one of the supported formats, it's best to keep it with its current format. Converting will only cause loss of quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to load in a personal music collection and jukebox it through randomly? As in, from an iTunes account, Pandora, or other somesuch? I like the idea of transitioning between iPod playlists based on gamescene, but also the option to either save the progress in any given playlist or to shuffle each one individually without mixing them. Is this just way out of scope for this mod?

Is there any way to load in a personal music collection and jukebox it through randomly? As in, from an iTunes account, Pandora, or other somesuch? I like the idea of transitioning between iPod playlists based on gamescene, but also the option to either save the progress in any given playlist or to shuffle each one individually without mixing them. Is this just way out of scope for this mod?

That's not something that the project is built to support at the moment. Adding support for .M3U playlist files looks pretty simple, but hooking up to specific applications is another world entirely. The events system I'm working on for version 3 should make many more things possible however. Shuffling is done and working. Saving playlist progress is a good idea! I've added it to the plan.

Hey there, great mod, just wanted to report that it's causing my game to crash on startup since 0.25. Interestingly, not in the x64 version, but only in x86. I had KSPx64 installed on windows, and it was working fine, but Deadly Reentry is only supported on x86, so I changed back to the 32-bit version of KSP, and appropriately installed the 32-bit version of Soundtrack Editor. Since then, my game hasn't been able to load. I rebooted the game multiple times adding mods slowly to narrow it down and have concluded that it is soundtrack editor. Crash File here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1y5eb2K_AKPejEteVdLMUZ6TmM/view?usp=sharing

Hey there, great mod, just wanted to report that it's causing my game to crash on startup since 0.25. Interestingly, not in the x64 version, but only in x86. I had KSPx64 installed on windows, and it was working fine, but Deadly Reentry is only supported on x86, so I changed back to the 32-bit version of KSP, and appropriately installed the 32-bit version of Soundtrack Editor. Since then, my game hasn't been able to load. I rebooted the game multiple times adding mods slowly to narrow it down and have concluded that it is soundtrack editor. Crash File here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1y5eb2K_AKPejEteVdLMUZ6TmM/view?usp=sharing
System out of memory!

Looks like the new SpacePlane+ parts combined with the Soundtrack Editor's tracks push you over the memory limit. You can delete tracks or parts, or install Active Texture Management. You could also try running with "-force-opengl". Future versions of Soundtrack Editor will help with this by preventing the KSP file loader from loading them all into memory at once.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

Hey, I'm having issues with loading mp3's in my x64 version of the game. I downloaded the pack for x64 and copied the files over correctly, so im not sure why the mp3's wont load. .ogg's and .wavs load fine. Also, i installed the mod for the 32-bit version of the game and it loads the mp3's correctly, but when I switch to x64 it no longer detects mp3's. Any suggestions? Thanks so much, this mod is fantastic from what I have seen so far.

Hey, I'm having issues with loading mp3's in my x64 version of the game. I downloaded the pack for x64 and copied the files over correctly, so im not sure why the mp3's wont load. .ogg's and .wavs load fine. Also, i installed the mod for the 32-bit version of the game and it loads the mp3's correctly, but when I switch to x64 it no longer detects mp3's. Any suggestions? Thanks so much, this mod is fantastic from what I have seen so far.

Hi.

I'm not sure whether the mod author supports the x64/Windows version of KSP in v0.25, however I do know that plenty of other modders have been saying some not very nice things about this particular version. So much so that some mods are even disabling themselves if they detect they are running with 64 bit KSP in Windows.

Unless the mod author pipes up and says they are working on making x64 work in 0.25, I'll suggest the workaround of just running 32 bit unless you have a particular need for the 64 bit version.

Hi.

I'm not sure whether the mod author supports the x64/Windows version of KSP in v0.25, however I do know that plenty of other modders have been saying some not very nice things about this particular version. So much so that some mods are even disabling themselves if they detect they are running with 64 bit KSP in Windows.

Unless the mod author pipes up and says they are working on making x64 work in 0.25, I'll suggest the workaround of just running 32 bit unless you have a particular need for the 64 bit version.

Sad but true, although not in the case of Soundtrack Editor. This mod has both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. Separate downloads.

Does this mod support Linux x64? I've tried with both the x86 and x64 install formats and it doesn't seem to work... maybe it's something to do with .25?

or maybe i'm failing at something here.

It should work fine for both, aside from not being able to load MP3s. Could you post your output_log.txt Player.log?

Edited by pizzaoverhead

I've got the same problem as Zidane. I'm running KSP 0.24.2 x64 on Ubuntu, and the mod doesn't seem to make any changes - even if I move all the default tracks the the unused playlist they still play, and no new music plays.

Where do I find output_log.txt?

I've got the same problem as Zidane. I'm running KSP 0.24.2 x64 on Ubuntu, and the mod doesn't seem to make any changes - even if I move all the default tracks the the unused playlist they still play, and no new music plays.

Where do I find output_log.txt?

On Ubuntu, the log file is here:

~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.