SIT89

[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

@aikixd

I took a fast look at the code, and have the following suggestions:

In FRMS_Core.cs, reflection is used to get the directory name of the executing assembly, at  lines 389 & 449:

stb_texture.LoadImage(System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location), "icons/tb_st_en.png")));

There is no need for this.  it will start reading in the GameData directory, so change it to the following:

stb_texture.LoadImage(System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes("FRMS/icons/tb_st_en.png"));

Also, while I see that you did update the ToolbarWrapper code, the formatting is very different from what is currently provided, so I would suggest downloading a current version and changing ONLY the namespace, as suggested.  Here is a link to the current wrapper code:

https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/blob/master/Wrapper/ToolbarWrapper.cs

On 11/13/2016 at 6:47 AM, StarStreak2109 said:

Tried it today and works for me! :)

What version of ksp and module manager are you using?

I've tried fresh installs of both 1.2 and 1.2.1 with module manager 2.7.3, and it crashes whenever i click "jump back to separation"

Same issue as a few others by the sounds of it.

Yeah, same here, as I'd posted before. Curious what the difference is between those for whom it works and for us poor saps. Maybe different versions of the module manager?

working okay for me. except for the whole erasing all contracts that you had hehe.

using mm 2.7.4 dont think mm has anything to do with it after ksp starts. 

you shouldnt have to use the jump back to separation it takes you back after you have recovered the previous stages. 

Do I really need modulemanager? And is it possible to fork and modify the code such that it does not require one?

can soemone please make a small guide on how to install all these community patches to make this work with 1.2

it has to have the module manager to add the modules to all parts to tell where the break is between stages and whether or not that jettisioning stage has a probe core enabling it to be controlled. 

there arent any patches just the one 1.03 file and put the fmrs folder in gamedata. 

21 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

I have been using this mod in 1.2.2, and it works just fine for me, will be posting a imgur mission soon that shows it...hopefully soon anyway

Which download version are you using?

would it be possible for someone to make a MM patch for the 1.2.1 version of this mod that lets it detect regular parachutes instead of just realchute? looks really useful btw!

On 20.12.2016 at 11:40 PM, SpaceBadger007 said:

ae you using this version? https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/fmrs-x1-1-00-01/files, its the top one, considered a beta

EDITED: Apparently this one is not working but Dev version 1.0.3 posted by someone as dev buildseems to work fine on my modded 1.2.1 install with Galileo Pack.

Edited by GrzesiekB

On 21/12/2016 at 3:25 AM, GrzesiekB said:

EDITED: Apparently this one is not working but Dev version 1.0.3 posted by someone as dev buildseems to work fine on my modded 1.2.1 install with Galileo Pack.

Where did you find this Dev Version?

link is back a page or so...

But it looks like there may have been issues with that version as well?

Looks like this mod may be DED, again... @aikixd is the one that was doing the fork, and he hasnt been on, or responded since his last "update"

41 minutes ago, rbhead said:

Where did you find this Dev Version?

I made this shuttle mission, and I though ill show it off as it shows me using FMRS throughout most of the mission. Its not much, just deploying parachutes for the boosters, but I do have a 3 part mission coming, with at least 1 billion credits at the pad on 2 of the launches....:P  

http://imgur.com/gallery/JfyvY

Edited by SpaceBadger007

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.