Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

WIP, waiting for engine effects from Nazari. Though if he doesn't respond soon, I'll release it anyway.

Also, regarding RSS stuff, most flames except large hypergolics are done (still can't find a fitting particle), currently working on solid and kerolox smoke. If anyone has a good effect for large hypergolic engine (Proton, Titan II, Long March, Ariane 4), I'd gladly use it.

Upper stage from stubbles zenit?

Hey dragon, a lot of the ISS community parts have spelling mistakes or no description, and some are missing crew capacity parameters and things. I would be more than happy to go through them and correct them if you want :) I don't know if you planned that already though.

<Mod hat on>

Ok. I have now cleaned the thread.

Some notes.

1. Please don't feed the arguments. If the conversation you are having is degenerating, the best thing to do is report the offensive post(s) and disengage. Continuing the argument just makes more work for us, and leaves you liable to violating the rules.

2. If you see a problem, report it. If you feel the need to preface your statement "I hate to backseat moderate" then you're going in the wrong direction (that's actually against the rules); instead, report the post(s) you want to backseat-moderate. :)

3. The moderation team is not omniscient (alas); while we try to read everything we can, we can't be everywhere. You really, really can't assume that "the moderators will be here soon" unless you report the post(s) on which we should take action.

4. Above all, in the words of Bill and Ted, "be excellent to each other." :)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

PgOlfQgl.jpg

Edited by NathanKell

Hey dragon, a lot of the ISS community parts have spelling mistakes or no description, and some are missing crew capacity parameters and things. I would be more than happy to go through them and correct them if you want :) I don't know if you planned that already though.

I have a feeling that has to do with bobcats english. I agree though probably something that needs a pass to fix.

From my experience, you'll be getting it with more or less everything, BobCat or not. Proton has low-ish TWR, so it shows more. Just use the clamps like everyone else.

You could make your entry shallower to minimize heat generation or go into the .cfg files (obviously the parts with tiles) and insert the DR parameters.

e.g.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

direction = 0, -1, 0 // bottom of pod

reflective = 0.05 // 5% of heat is ignored at correct angle

ablative = AblativeShielding

loss

{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)

key = 650 0 0 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C

key = 1000 64 0 0 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C

key = 3000 80 0 0 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C

}

dissipation

{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature

key = 300 0 0 0 // begin ablating at 300 degrees C

key = 500 180 0 0 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = AblativeShielding

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}

RESOURCE

{

name = AblativeShielding

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}

Too little. It will burn.

hey guys, i have got a problem, with buran, when i reenter its always burn up, i have deathly reentry installed but can some one tel mee how i can add a heatshield into the parts?? or can some one add it for me?? thanx

Take my config for Buran heatshilelds, you can delete all other configs.