[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

The mod that is causing problems here is PF:CE, as it has not been updated in ages. It's emphatically not a modder's job to make his mod compatible with mods that have not been updated since two game versions ago.

I got it working... As it turns out Kethane was never installed. However, I recommend using RSS to move planets instead of changing their configs to avoid bugs.

Lol, its just a preview for testing purposes. As for mod compatibility, I don't know boulderco, kethane seemed to work on 0.23.5 for me and PF:CE corrupts stuff on 0.24 x64 which has been mentioned numerous times. To use PF:CE use the 32 bit executable.

I actually got it working with x64.. :D

Created my own star (Prox), Inaccessable, Fearless, and Boris orbit it. Ablate orbits Corbo.

Edited by Vanamonde
Successive posting.

Hey, guys, how about compatibility between this mod and RSS? It'll be freakin' awesome to fly probes to Alpha Centauri and so on, didn't it?

Remember that this mod with the stock game only scales the entire black hole/star system to be as big as Pluto's orbit. In reality, Alpha Centauri is about 10,000 times further away. It would take 4 years to get there while going at the speed of light. It would be a pain even with the interstellar mod at 100,000x time warp.

And this is the kind of attitude that makes modders not want to make free stuff for you.

It is not the manufacturer's job to make sure the car works on the highway.

As long as it works on tarmac then it is ready for release.

A more accurate quote would be that it's not Ford's job to make sure that it's transmissions work in a Subaru. Or a helicopter.

Never have I seen so many people complain about getting free stuff. Especially with the state of patches and turmoil with mod compatibilities these days as .24x settles in.

Edited by Vanamonde
Successive posting.

I fixed it, I am not mad anymore.

Derp??? My Kuiper Belt no longer works...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Lol, its just a preview for testing purposes. As for mod compatibility, I don't know boulderco, kethane seemed to work on 0.23.5 for me and PF:CE corrupts stuff on 0.24 x64 which has been mentioned numerous times. To use PF:CE use the 32 bit executable.

I found a fix for corruption: Use RSS to move PFCE planets, don't edit their configs.

Edited by Vanamonde
Successive posting.

Remember that this mod with the stock game only scales the entire black hole/star system to be as big as Pluto's orbit. In reality, Alpha Centauri is about 10,000 times further away. It would take 4 years to get there while going at the speed of light. It would be a pain even with the interstellar mod at 100,000x time warp.

Not to mention how much your hand will hurt from so much scrolling in map view.

Holy kerbal, this mod works! I thought its impossible to do such a thing. When will we get the planets for those two stars?

Well no one but me and like two other people can get PFCE working properly with StarSystems... and StarSystems may have a built-in planet API sometime in the near future. So probably a month or two.

Well no one but me and like two other people can get PFCE working properly with StarSystems... and StarSystems may have a built-in planet API sometime in the near future. So probably a month or two.

Don't forget me! I actually got PFCE to work with this mod! Well, partially. Editing gas giants into orbits around the other stars is smooth like butter. What DOESN'T work is when I edit a MOON of a gas giant into a separate orbit around a star. Then nothing works.

Also Kerbol needs at least 4x the SOI it has now so more planets can be added to the Kerbol System..

BUT I CAN'T EVEN GET THE BLOODY MOD WORKING WITH PFCE AGAIN

Dude chill, PF CE hasn't been updated since 0.23 and I don't think it will in a while. He said in one of the previous comments that this release is for testing purposes.

Dude chill, PF CE hasn't been updated since 0.23 and I don't think it will in a while. He said in one of the previous comments that this release is for testing purposes.

It was working with PF fine until a while ago!

It was working with PF fine until a while ago!

Also please stop posting 4-5 posts at a time. If you have something to say edit your post. Do not make 4 more posts in a row complaining about problems that you are having that are of your own doing as well as being related to an entirely different mod.

It has come to the attention of the moderation staff that some heated words have been exchanged in this thread recently. Please keep in mind that, while others may disagree with you on how urgent a particular fix or feature request may be, I'm sure everyone involved in this discussion honestly wants this mod to be the best that it can be. Please remember to conduct all of your discussions in a civil manner, and if you do see a user on either side of the discussion being unfairly harassed or abused, please bring it to our attention through the post reporting system rather than jumping into the thread and responding in kind, as in the end it will allow the mod maker to focus on the issues that really need fixing rather than having to wade through several posts of unnecessary bickering.

Have a nice day :)

I got it working again. I don't know what the problem is. Anyone know how to increase the mass of Kerbol???

PF:CE will crash my script on 64bit by corrupting a list like 8 out of 10 times, even why I only load a single planet anywhere. So I gave up on PF:CE on 64bit (it seems to work fine on 32bit though). As for the mass of Kerbol; it is hardcoded. But if you want to increase it's SOI just decrease the mass off the black hole, the SOIs of the stars are calculated by the mass of the two bodies and their semi mayor axis.

Edited by OvenProofMars

PF:CE will crash my script on 64bit by corrupting a list like 8 out of 10 times, even why I only load a single planet anywhere. So I gave up on PF:CE on 64bit (it seems to work fine on 32bit though). As for the mass of Kerbol; it is hardcoded. But if you want to increase it's SOI just decrease the mass off the black hole, the SOIs of the stars are calculated by the mass of the two bodies and their semi mayor axis.

Okay so uh how much should I decrease the mass of the black hole if I want Kerbol to have about 4 times it's SOI now? And how do I even edit the black hole's mass?

Also I am sure there is a way to stop PF from overwriting StarSystems.

Edited by _Augustus_

Okay so uh how much should I decrease the mass of the black hole if I want Kerbol to have about 4 times it's SOI now? And how do I even edit the black hole's mass?

Also I am sure there is a way to stop PF from overwriting StarSystems.

Black hole mass is the "Root" one measured in SolarMasses. I don't know if it's Kerbol masses or Sol though.

For SOI, you need to rearrange the equation here, but you will need to know if those SolarMasses are Kerbol or Sol before that works. You can plug the original numbers in to get the SOI reported in-game to find what solar mass it is actually.

Edited by AndreyATGB

Black hole mass is the "Root" one measured in SolarMasses. I don't know if it's Kerbol masses or Sol though.

For SOI, you need to rearrange the equation here, but you will need to know if those SolarMasses are Kerbol or Sol before that works. You can plug the original numbers in to get the SOI reported in-game to find what solar mass it is actually.

The solarmasses mentioned are indeed Kerbol masses, since for the game that is the sun.

It broke again... don't you think that a line or so of code could be written to stop overwriting for the time being until you make your own planet API?

Fixed it, but it's still annoying.

Edited by sal_vager

We're currently working on a replacement for Planet Factory, as Krag seems to be missing. It's under the LGPL license, so when/if there is a time it needs fixed and we don't have time, the community can help. We've even making many technical improvements upon PlanetFactory (many tested already). It functions by rewriting the prefab the solar system is spawned from so there are no issues because of live tree modification.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier

We're currently working on a replacement for Planet Factory, as Krag seems to be missing. It's under the LGPL license, so when/if there is a time it needs fixed and we don't have time, the community can help. We've even making many technical improvements upon PlanetFactory (many tested already). It functions by rewriting the prefab the solar system is spawned from so there are no issues because of live tree modification.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier

Can't wait tot see what you guys make out of this. We're actually working on star/planet generation using the same method. Have you guys found a proper way to make the scaledversion gameobject yourself yet? Or are you still instantiating it?