[Early development, 0.24] Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

I found that this fights having a numbered mm, to the point of not working, and that the work around I came up with, in September... I think, was removing the numbers. Based on his response,it still works even though admittedly there may be a better solution.

Edit: checking my Bonus planet files... I think I ended up using something else. I can experiment again when I have time.

Edited by braininator

THANK YOU!

(And in hindsight that was pretty simple...)

Now I just have to edit the Kopernicus files to play with Star Systems and Ill be golden.

You have to edit it and add in EVERY. SINGLE. STAR. as a template......

If you posted it online that would be great for those of us who use StarSystems and want planets with it.

You can rename the Module Manager To Just ModuleManager, remove the version number.

Do Not Do That.

If you feel an uncontrollable urge to cleanup ModuleManager then delete the bundled version and install the last one from my thread.

But don't have people rename the dll. Or take over support.

Do Not Do That.

If you feel an uncontrollable urge to cleanup ModuleManager then delete the bundled version and install the last one from my thread.

But don't have people rename the dll. Or take over support.

I apologize for that. That was a work around.i did back in an extremely early version. It was late when I said that. I have fixed my original post.

Remember how I was so ecstatic that I got it to work?

Yea...

It was a little premature, I'm actually back to square... Actually I'm at -1 because I have to find out exactly how star systems modifies the system in the first place.

Actually scratch that, I do know;

The original sun is turned into a black hole and a new one is created for the kerbol system,

Along that line Dolas and Corbo are added in the same manner.

So for kopernicus to work I assume I have to modify the system config to recognize that kerbin for example is no longer orbiting the original star, but the new one.

Sigh...

When I get back from my friends I'll have to put some serious work into that.

And sorry if I sound like a moron for stating something obvious but I have little to no experience with this kind of thing.

Anyone know why the scaledspace mesh + atmosphere of my gas giant likes to disappear when the camera isn't looking directly at it? I'm gonna assume it's KSP and not Kopernicus but fix/workaround if there is one would be nice.

Anyone know why the scaledspace mesh + atmosphere of my gas giant likes to disappear when the camera isn't looking directly at it? I'm gonna assume it's KSP and not Kopernicus but fix/workaround if there is one would be nice.

The only bug I have with camera and sunlight not due to other mods is that the sun shines through Urania and Ablate sometimes.

Ok I found what caused the problem. The game dislikes it when you resize the mesh to be bigger than Jool.

EDIT: So long as you stay near the template's radius the sun issue goes away too. Though that might be because I used EVE and gave my gas giant a PQS system.

Edited by Nutt007

I'm making a mod which adds gas giants, using Planet Factory Revived as a template of how to use Kopernicus. That's nearly done, resulting in the Kerbol system having Saturn, Uranus and Neptune like planets. Now Eeloo is between Jool and my Saturn-analog and I want that to change. So how I change the orbital stats of existing celestial bodies using Kopernicus?

I'm making a mod which adds gas giants, using Planet Factory Revived as a template of how to use Kopernicus. That's nearly done, resulting in the Kerbol system having Saturn, Uranus and Neptune like planets. Now Eeloo is between Jool and my Saturn-analog and I want that to change. So how I change the orbital stats of existing celestial bodies using Kopernicus?

You don't. You use RealSolarSystem, which is needed to make planets anyway, to move it.

If you're using MM to edit the default system.cfg, add a patch that looks something like this:

@Kopernicus
{
@Body[Kerbin]
{
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Jool
semiMajorAxis = 30000000
eccentricity = .03
inclination = 1.3
}
}
}

Obviously change the body to the one you're editing. A list of most (all?) the orbital parameters is in the Hodor cfg.

I've been using Kopernicus for a while now, basically for the extra planet, and have only very recently updated to the newest creator version; I have to say, it's super simple and easy to change what you want, great work! :D I moved Hodor to orbit Jool inbetween Pol and Bop, with a bit less inclination than both, and I was very happy with how easy it was and how I could change pretty much whatever I wanted.

xTmzRcU.jpg

What I wanted to know though, could I re-add the old Planet Kopernicus back into the game? I can set up a new, copy of a planet, and I know I would just use Duna as the template, but how would I change it's atmosphere to copy Lathye's? Also, which files and what lines do I have to write in to access the old textures and height-map for Kopernicus (or Mars to be precise)? I'm not entirely sure what I need to write to do that... Thanks for any help ;)

What I wanted to know though, could I re-add the old Planet Kopernicus back into the game? I can set up a new, copy of a planet, and I know I would just use Duna as the template, but how would I change it's atmosphere to copy Lathye's? Also, which files and what lines do I have to write in to access the old textures and height-map for Kopernicus (or Mars to be precise)? I'm not entirely sure what I need to write to do that... Thanks for any help ;)

Unfortunately you can't right now. You can't create new terrain with this mod yet until they add in support for that. The old Kopernicus planet was added through code so there's no way to get it via config editing which is a shame because that was a really well done planet.

Which makes me ask, how close are we to getting terrain? Last commit to github was almost a month ago :(. Gas giants don't really do it for me since you can't land on them so I'm really looking forward to getting a mod that allows you to make real new planets with terrain and everything.

So i started messing around with Kopernicus a little bit.

Started with PF revived to see whats possible, got my own Config working which moved and resized some of the stock planets to see if it's faster than RSS configs, turned out it's not really. Then i wanted to start with my own planet pack idea and configed 2 new planets and moved Eeloo. At this point it stopped working completely, not even showing the PF-revived or my Resizing config anymore ingame.

So my question is: Is there any order or conflicts to watch out for? What does Kopernicus need aside from the System.cfg and the .dll in Kopernicus folder?

What could be reasons for it stopping completely, so where should i start to search and troubleshoot?