0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

I bet, when it comes to cloud simulation, a procedural texture or one streamed in parts from disk will deliver much finer resolution and more decent looking solutions, while using less processing power and RAM. Why should SQUAD take the simple one-giant-texture approach, when the UNITY engine offers such nice streaming technology? There must be a reason, why they aren´t just adding a cloud texture and some volumetric placed particles, based on that texture, like EVE does (which looks awesome already and is a must-install-mod since i first discovered it). I think, we should just be patient on that topic.

I bet, when it comes to cloud simulation, a procedural texture or one streamed in parts from disk will deliver much finer resolution and more decent looking solutions, while using less processing power and RAM. Why should SQUAD take the simple one-giant-texture approach, when the UNITY engine offers such nice streaming technology? There must be a reason, why they aren´t just adding a cloud texture and some volumetric placed particles, based on that texture, like EVE does (which looks awesome already and is a must-install-mod since i first discovered it). I think, we should just be patient on that topic.

Why not go the whole hog and dump the texture into ram.

Oh wait

Hey ender as far as i know, and i am not talking as a moderator, but as a player of the game who uses RPM,

I doubt that the internals will look like that because they would have to integrate RPM, which would be HUGE news, bigger imho than them adding SP+ to the game.

and Linear remember this game is a WIP things could very well change

RasterProp has gone too far

there's like 6 monitors per option in there holy hell

11 screens in total, actually. No problem filling them up, though; one camera on the nose, one camera in the cargo bay, one camera pointing up from the docking port, one camera pointing down at the ground, primary flight display, landing assistant, navigation display, resources display, autopilot interface, target interface etc. etc. And that's even without mapsat screens...

I'm hanging out for Fine Print RPM integration; contracts and waypoints on screens, tasty. And something with resizable fonts.

Ooh, I just had a nifty idea: RPM screens displaying biomonitor readouts from your Kerbals. Watch their pulse rates and blood pressure spike whenever you get them scared...

Edited by Wanderfound

Ooh, I just had a nifty idea: RPM screens displaying biomonitor readouts from your Kerbals. Watch their pulse rates and blood pressure spike whenever you get them scared...

Nice idea :D

Especially monitoring those on an EVA mission... i want Apone Kerman, Hicks Kerman, Vasquez Kerman...

Yeah, I think based on the info we have now, the secret feature probably is along the lines of emergency services of some kind. If it involves a new structure by the runway, won't be seen by "good players", but is fun to do repeatedly, then I have to think it involves crashing at KSC. :)

But they also said that it's a small feature that lays groundwork for a bigger feature later. Does this mean more animated/automated functions at KSC? Are we eventually going to get a crawler to take our rockets out to the pad? Ground crews?

Yeah, I think based on the info we have now, the secret feature probably is along the lines of emergency services of some kind. If it involves a new structure by the runway, won't be seen by "good players", but is fun to do repeatedly, then I have to think it involves crashing at KSC. :)

But they also said that it's a small feature that lays groundwork for a bigger feature later. Does this mean more animated/automated functions at KSC? Are we eventually going to get a crawler to take our rockets out to the pad? Ground crews?

High Speed Camera System for Crash Replays? THIS WOULD ROCK!

Man, twitch lets me in sometimes and blocks me at others. Soooo frustrating.

I was unable to re-watch my link above, but on or about the 30 min.

Can anyone else elaborate?

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/567969657

With regards to the Rowsdower image, it was mentioned starting at 28.24:

Yargnit: I asked you a question on Skype, Max, when you get-

Maxmaps: One moment. Uh.

Y: When you get a free moment.

M: Oh! That thing there, it's a, just a new, ah, part for, uh, that place Yarg. It's- It's just so the secret feature can happen more often.

Y: Ok. That- that's what I what I was guessing.

M: Yeah, it's... it's literally there just for it to happen. I might have said too much!

Y: You might have.

M: Yeah. People- clever people might be able to figure stuff out from there, but we shall see.

Y: #BlameMax

Edited by pizzaoverhead

As interesting as destructible buildings that would be, I keep coming back to how laggy crashes with just your craft are already. I certainly hope it is not the destructible buildings. At the very least if it is destructible buildings, allow us to turn it off, because I don't want it, one crash would ruin more than the mission, it would end my playtime for the day waiting on it to resolve all the debris.

Edited by Alshain

If it is something destructible, i´d like to see impact craters. Destructible buildings are not so cool in my opinion, because they are on Kerbin only... leaving a large permanent impact crater on Tylo is much cooler, not bound to location and more... individual. And it costs not much computing power, as the new crater only has to be rendered into the planets displacement texture. But speculations and hopes... we will see :)

If it is something destructible, i´d like to see impact craters. Destructible buildings are not so cool in my opinion, because they are on Kerbin only... leaving a large permanent impact crater on Tylo is much cooler, not bound to location and more... individual. And it costs not much computing power, as the new crater only has to be rendered into the planets displacement texture. But speculations and hopes... we will see :)

Yea... TBH: I'm confused what sort of improvement would it suppose to bring into the game.

I mean - it's nice, always adds to the game immersion and realism, but.... there are so many other things waiting...

742702daef1d81e5c437ebb37e32b653ad15759a480fad09b7ceb2726121b96e.jpg

;):P

Edited by Sky_walker

This, it's the only destructible thing that would be cool/funny.

Yea... TBH: I'm confused what sort of improvement would it suppose to bring into the game.

I mean - it's nice, always adds to the game immersion and realism, but.... there are so many other things waiting...

Totally agreed. I take what comes our way with open arms.

Oh and i loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and the very first Deus Ex too of course)