[1.0.5] Stryker's Aerospace and Armory (Continued by SM)

strykersm

hey, just wanted to ask quickly, is the GSH-23 intended to us the CAL 23x115 ammunition? because if it is, i think there's a spelling error in your config files that's meaning that you can't use the CAL ammo with your guns.

s

15 hours ago, Atatra said:

hey, just wanted to ask quickly, is the GSH-23 intended to us the CAL 23x115 ammunition? because if it is, i think there's a spelling error in your config files that's meaning that you can't use the CAL ammo with your guns.

s

The GSH-23 uses it's own ammo (it comes inside the gunpod) so it behaves realistically! The GP-9 gunpod in the mig-21 used 200 rounds :) So there you go. That should be enough for you to shoot down anything you want. Watch your ammo ;)

ah, ok. i'd just noticed i was running out of ammo and had thought that it used the CAL rounds due to the near identical spelling. the reason i'm running out of ammo by the way is because i'm using it on multirole aircraft to attack ground targets, quad guns make very good strafing, but run out quickly.

Ok so something's come up. I'm probably going to put this mod on standby after finishing up a few things (update it when 1.1 comes out or until further notice) because I'm going to attempt to start learning C++ to make my own games and that takes up alot of time unfortunally. :s But before IF I post this as an "On hiatus" mod I will release the following parts for the V7.99 V8 (Magic number) update:

ST-Terminator Cockpit (Mig-21 Late) (IVA Needs texture) V7.99

ST-Vanquisher Cockpit (Mig-21 Early) (Finished)V 7.99

ST-Viper(Battlestar Galactica Viper MkII Cockpit) (not done) V8

ST-Lerche (Heinkel Lerche Engine) (not done) V8

ST-Triebflugel (Focke-Wulf Triebflugel Engine) (not done) V8

ST-Horinger (A mix between Heinkel lerche and triebflugel cockpits) V8

1 minute ago, SGT_RIZZO300 said:

I remember way back in .18 when this game was 90% space 10% plane, and now here we are. I love this community.

Ahahah me too. But I don't play space because large ships lag my PC :c

Althought large planes don't! :D

1 hour ago, strykersm said:

Ahahah me too. But I don't play space because large ships lag my PC :c

Althought large planes don't! :D

Het Stryker, I've been tinkering with running bigger and bigger ships on my install. I can run 2 almost 200 part planes in the same scene at 30fps. What are your system specs and are you running Win 10, OpenGL, DX9, DX11 or x64? Win 10 introduced a weird issue where it doesn't run dx9 properly unless you enter the" -dx9" flag in the target field. I gained about 20 fps just doing that.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Het Stryker, I've been tinkering with running bigger and bigger ships on my install. I can run 2 almost 200 part planes in the same scene at 30fps. What are your system specs and are you running Win 10, OpenGL, DX9, DX11 or x64? Win 10 introduced a weird issue where it doesn't run dx9 properly unless you enter the" -dx9" flag in the target field. I gained about 20 fps just doing that.

Oh I run an I7-2700k , AMD HD 6990, 16 Gb ram. But last time I did an orbital ship with many parts I had so many mods and it was long ago :P

I focus on aircraft and shuttles now ahah

29 minutes ago, strykersm said:

Oh I run an I7-2700k , AMD HD 6990, 16 Gb ram. But last time I did an orbital ship with many parts I had so many mods and it was long ago :P

I focus on aircraft and shuttles now ahah

Yeah lately I've been stuck on planes as well. I started with rockets, but as soon as I built a shuttle.... It was game over for me. Shuttles and planes is where all the fun is at for me. Now I'm obsessed with air to air refueling and that's a whole new animal. Now I just get to play with all my planes all over again :)

54 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Yeah lately I've been stuck on planes as well. I started with rockets, but as soon as I built a shuttle.... It was game over for me. Shuttles and planes is where all the fun is at for me. Now I'm obsessed with air to air refueling and that's a whole new animal. Now I just get to play with all my planes all over again :)

Show me what you build with my modpack! :)

On 1/3/2016 at 7:24 PM, strykersm said:

There are alreay two :) But yes in the future I will add more, but atm Im busy with a little surprise. But because you like my mod IF you had to pick one cockpit to have ASET (excluding the ones that have) which one would you like?

Well since this never got answered I don't want to leave you hanging. The mig pit(s) would be awesome since you replaced your first one that had aset. Not sure how easy it would be to make it work for both of them. I am now in the process of whipping up some AJE configs for your engines along with a couple of crafts using more of you parts. Will have some pics later. Great work hope we don't lose you indefinately your part are great for recreation and your art is getting better and better 

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

The Treibflugel engine doesnt seem to produce lift, unless I add proper wings to it, it keeps on re-uniting with the ground

As you know that beast of a thing never came of the drawing board, as a matter of fact, it was found by the allies geting wind tunnel tested. I have absolutely no idea how the damn thing produces lift upwards but I just made the mod with the animations and thrust vector and made the engine get sufficientf thrust to get most craft's "triebflugel" size come off the ground. The rest is up to you ;) KSP might be proof the triebflugel simply wasn't able to fly :P

Edited by strykersm

Terrible timing on my part @strykersm, but the tumansky jet still seems to have some issue with its mesh being... insane! This is with the latest version. Just look at this screenshot the purple is what FAR sees as the engine! :0.0: So i plead that when you have time to please try to fix it again. Thanks!

Spoiler

1K0M0wX.png

P.S. Is the Lyulka engine seem to have the heat emissive at all times even in the editor. Looking a tht e configs of the engines the difference I see is no animatefxmodule for heat on that engine. Is this just me? I did switch  everything over to AJE module, but the other 2 engine don't have this happening. Minor issue just wanted to mention it. 

Edited by Svm420

On 17/01/2016 at 3:58 PM, strykersm said:

As you know that beast of a thing never came of the drawing board, as a matter of fact, it was found by the allies geting wind tunnel tested. I have absolutely no idea how the damn thing produces lift upwards but I just made the mod with the animations and thrust vector and made the engine get sufficientf thrust to get most craft's "triebflugel" size come off the ground. The rest is up to you ;) KSP might be proof the triebflugel simply wasn't able to fly :P

Attempted to build a treiflugel from IR and mostly stock fuselage. needless to say it was a complete failure

• 1 month later...

Are you planning to add more WW2 aircraft cockpits other than prototype and canceled aircraft cockpits? The Bf109 cockpit is really well done and since I'm recreating other aircraft such as the Do217 and He111, I just wish there were more people making more cockpits since there aren't any lookalikes for the aforementioned aircraft and such.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 6:45 PM, Svm420 said:

Terrible timing on my part @strykersm, but the tumansky jet still seems to have some issue with its mesh being... insane! This is with the latest version. Just look at this screenshot the purple is what FAR sees as the engine! :0.0: So i plead that when you have time to please try to fix it again. Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

1K0M0wX.png

P.S. Is the Lyulka engine seem to have the heat emissive at all times even in the editor. Looking a tht e configs of the engines the difference I see is no animatefxmodule for heat on that engine. Is this just me? I did switch  everything over to AJE module, but the other 2 engine don't have this happening. Minor issue just wanted to mention it. 

@strykersm 

Wanted to add I found the Hyperion cockpit is also unusable with FAR. Definitely needs fixed as well. Hopefully post 1.1 you can make these updates and re upload to spacedock since kerbalstuff is no more. Thanks!

Edited by Svm420

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Hikari_or_whatever said:

Kerbalstuff is gone. Reupload to spacedock please?

There are two problems with the mod, unfortunally the biggest one is there is likely alot of bugs because it's not made for 1.1, second thing is the File I HAD was lost when I had to format my pc due to a problem with windows and the file could not be saved because it was corrupted....and worst part is the backup on dropbox is too old (doesen't have the Mig cockpits...)

But this is not the end of it! Although it will be for quite some time i'm afraid....Right now I'm busy with exams and other stuff. After that has passed I'm be working on a side project: Crimson Prime

Altough I promess you, as soon as I get the spendy time I WILL remake many parts of this mod :) Cheers! Until then i'm afraid this thread will be catching spider webs.

Edited by strykersm