[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

I get the same, @drhay53 - Nuclear Thermal Rockets appears to have everything, or close.  I also have a Nuclear Rockets - which doesn't have all of the nuclear rockets - just a couple that use liquid hydrogen instead of liquid fuel.  (They are from some USI mod - so it's possible something's going on there as well.)

I mostly use stock, but have a few tweaks - generally expanding categories to include a few things they wouldn't.  (I have a lot of trusses that wouldn't go in the truss category without help...)  I've tried to set up a radiator category (biggest missing category, in my opinion) a couple of times without success - I'll be seeing if I can use one of the configs in this thread for my next try.

4 hours ago, nathan1 said:

I'm pretty sure the check type "check" is no longer using OR logic in the current version. I have the following config:

Reveal hidden contents

SUBCATEGORY
{
    name = Adapters and Cones
    icon = Adapter
    FILTER
    {
        CHECK
        {
            type = check
            CHECK
            {
                type = custom
                value = adapter
            }
            CHECK
            {
                type = custom
                value = multicoupler
            }
            CHECK
            {
                type = title
                value = Nose Cone,Multi-Point Connector
            }
        }
    }
}

If I simplify it to just one of the three sub-checks it will include the correct subset of parts, but with all three I get no parts and the sub-category does not show up.

That's because the check type is an AND (to be used when you want group and operations, eg. A && !(B && !C && !D) ). For an OR, you want something like:

FILTER
{
 CHECK
 {
  	type = custom
    value = adapters, multicouplers
 }
}
FILTER
{
 	        CHECK
            {
                type = title
            }
}

9 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

That's because the check type is an AND (to be used when you want group and operations, eg. A && !(B && !C && !D) ). For an OR, you want something like:

FILTER
{
 CHECK
 {
  	type = custom
    value = adapters, multicouplers
 }
}
FILTER
{
 	        CHECK
            {
                type = title
            }
}

Everything is already ANDed, so I don't see the point (A && !B && C && D is the equivalent logic to your example and is simpler). Of course the check type is not technically required either way -- all logic that's possible with the check type (either as an AND or as an OR) is possible without it, so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

You should update the OP, though:

Check: Used to group several different check types with OR logic

And thanks again for your help. :)

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before; I've been googling and searching for literally almost an hour, and perhaps I missed something in the zillion pages of this thread, but I have a question...

How do I get filter extensions to re-generate or reload its categories, or parts list in general? I've added some mods since I installed filter extensions, such as Kerbalism, and I cannot find the parts. If I use the stock part of the editor parts menu I can find them in amongst a zillion other parts, but using FE to search does not find them. One example is the Kerbalism Greenhouse. It does not show up in the "Life Support" advanced category, and searching for "greenhouse" or even "green" using the search box produces no results. I'm sure I'm doing SOMETHING wrong...

Also, all of the items in the advanced menu are out of order. If I go to "Filter by Resource" or "Filter by Manufacturer", they USED to be listed in alphabetical order, and now seem to be more or less random.

I haven't attached logs simply because this does seem to be 100% user error, though I CAN do so if that would help.

Edited by Tokamak

I keep losing all my icons when I update my mods. Most of them show up as question marks now. I know it's something I'm doing because I'm never sure what folder to delete or merge when updating. What did I copy over that lost the icons? They are still in the icon folder but just don't show up in game. Also note I install everything manually but am pretty newb at doing this.

Filter Extensions v2.6.0

* Add "exact" check modifier - matches only parts that have every item listed and nothing more
* Settings window uses Unity 4.6 UI
* Bulkhead profiles updated by Kerbas_ad_astra
* Internal cleanup of various items

Exact example:

CHECK
{
    type = resource
    value = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer
    exact = true // Match parts that have ONLY LF and Ox
}

@Crzyrndm, is it possible for me to add resource icons for the resource tab?  I tried adding several .png files from Olympic1's icon pack for TriggerAu's ARP to the resource icon folder but it didn't work.  Are the resource icons hard-coded or do they need to be a specific format? I looked at the config files but did not see an obvious way to designate icons for resources not included in the download.  Thanks.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WyXQrohsLpM3pTbFR5aEl0SXc/view?usp=sharing

Mod cache: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WyXQrohsLpLUYweFhHVy10amc/view?usp=sharing

Im almost certain it has something to do with me merging the folders 000_FilterExtentions or 000_FilterExtentions Configs. These folders came with some others mods (I think it was Kolonize) and I thought you needed to merger the folder to get all the configs for that mod or something. I had it working with all the mods i have now but didn't lose icons untill I updated a few.

Like I said I'm pretty sure this is just me installing things incorrectly and was just looking for a quick fix but if its a bug I do plan on rebuilding my game install and I can reproduce this problem if that helps you at all. Other wise don't waste your time trying to fix my jenky instal. :)

Edited by SpaceFoon

9 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@Crzyrndm, is it possible for me to add resource icons for the resource tab?  I tried adding several .png files from Olympic1's icon pack for TriggerAu's ARP to the resource icon folder but it didn't work.  Are the resource icons hard-coded or do they need to be a specific format? I looked at the config files but did not see an obvious way to designate icons for resources not included in the download.  Thanks.

No hardcoding involved. They do need to be 32x32 in dimensions, have a unique name (at that size), and either match the resource name or have a set icon .cfg entry, but that should be the only requirements

@SpaceFoon I'll take a look in a couple of hours. Merging folders shouldn't be the issue itself since this has only one hardcoded path (the icon for the space centre settings button), but until we know whats actually happening... *shrugs*

Edited by Crzyrndm

I'm very happy to have a better way to keep all the parts organized.

It appears that anything KIS related doesn't show up in the parts list. No wrench, KIS help guide, no beer, and most alarmingly no tacos.

and ... never-mind. After creating a new game and then going back to my existing game the EVA category re-appeared.

Edited by Aelios

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did some more poking around, and it's not just Kerbalism. An awful lot of parts do now show up when I search for their names. I can find them my browsing, but entering their names in the search bar produces no results. Is there a name-search database that I need to do something to rebuild, or something?

Are those parts from mods which have heir own categories *without* FE. If yes, then that's a failing in how SQUAD setup the search algorithim and there's not a lot I can do about it

Have you deprecated or otherwise changed any of the filters or checks during or since the migration to 1.1? I have...correction, had...dozens of custom filters and the transition to 1.1 pretty much wiped the whole thing out. I shelved the project for a couple months and only now am starting to poke at it again.

A check that seems to be the worst offender is the manufacturer filter. I'll have a workable filter, but as soon as I add the manufacturer filter, the whole thing dies (returns nothing). Spelling and syntax are correct.

---

I was actually sitting on a long list of feedback, but lost it due to a harddrive crash, but a couple of other things that I remember: vesselTypes and categories. Is there still no vesselType = Probe and is it still category = FuelTanks (as opposed to the ingame FuelTank)? Spent a long time figuring out those two. I had a whole list of things like that I had come across. The wiki is excellent, but there is a lot of stuff like that it doesn't mention.

I don't mean to gripe, as I really like what this mod enables you to do, and I suspect a lot of the issues are due a lack of experience on my part with such things. I just get a little frustrated with it every now and then. :P

Cheers.

p.s. I also realize some of the issues might not be specific to this mod - the FuelTanks one may very well be a SQUAD one.

Category type check goes for FuelTank/Fuel Tanks (and Pods, Engine/Engines, Control, Structural, Aero/Aerodynamics, Utility, Science, None)

I'll check out the manufacturer filter when I get back, but it looks like it should work... (or if it doesn't, a while lot of other things shouldn't be working either)

Post up an example and I can take a quick look to make sure there isn't something silly there (and it'll make a good test case when I can do so)

Edited by Crzyrndm

(If category created by FE) It shouldn't be visible if its not in any category under filter by function.
(If category created by Stock) category = none

I haven't seen any issues during testing today with 1.1.3, so no patching required (yet... :P)

7 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

(If category created by FE) It shouldn't be visible if its not in any category under filter by function.
(If category created by Stock) category = none

Well I set category to none and the part is still visible if you filter by Factory. I realy need a way to prevent parts from beeing visible this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Question, why isn't this mod avaialble on CKAN yet?

I wanted to set Filter Extensions as a requirement , because it prevent people from making stupic part selections, however CKAN refuces to accept Filter Extensions because it is not listed.