• BottomNode fixed for 1.0.x

• CommunityTechTree compatibility fix for CTT 2.x

• Some minor fixes, eg maxTemp to 1200

TAC Life Support versions now include 3 day waste/wastewater/CO2 storage

ModSupport: USI Life Support

• With a SETIgreenhouse, 100 supplies last for 200 days, per kerbal

• Thus it is a bit more efficient than the USI LS greenhouse

• But available later, much more expensive and 1/3rd heavier

FYI the new deadly reentry hates parts with mass = 0. Currently that was the changes to the thermo and barometers. Causes tons of NREs.

If those changes arent in any current configs then just disregard this. I pulled apart the old seti and brought a lot of cfg files over for personal preference so I accept I probably will have some strangeness, but overall I feel better in 1.0 now. Still not perfect or even as good progression wise, but that is just me. I have switched over to science mode and am enjoying it much more. Then again I am playing with a large system resize so my mileage does vary. I am looking forward to the release of a mod to allow career limit modding easily. That will open up career to so much more mod compatibility. Squad may have broke the game to pieces, but modders have more freedom now to build a better one since they gave us more raw material to work with. Just takes more time since we are building from scratch as opposed to expanding on another person's vision. I think it may eventually lead to a better mod experience even if it is a harder start!

Edited by Svm420

Here's an interesting mod I just found: Take Command.

It's a full remake of an old (now deceased) mod that lets you put kerbals in command seats from the VAB.

Looks interesting, I will add it to the OP when it removes the :Final statement and adds support for the other command seats listed in the OP.

Thank you for the suggestion!

FYI the new deadly reentry hates parts with mass = 0. Currently that was the changes to the thermo and barometers. Causes tons of NREs.

If those changes arent in any current configs then just disregard this. I pulled apart the old seti and brought a lot of cfg files over for personal preference so I accept I probably will have some strangeness, but overall I feel better in 1.0 now. Still not perfect or even as good progression wise, but that is just me. I have switched over to science mode and am enjoying it much more. Then again I am playing with a large system resize so my mileage does vary. I am looking forward to the release of a mod to allow career limit modding easily. That will open up career to so much more mod compatibility. Squad may have broke the game to pieces, but modders have more freedom now to build a better one since they gave us more raw material to work with. Just takes more time since we are building from scratch as opposed to expanding on another person's vision. I think it may eventually lead to a better mod experience even if it is a harder start!

While I could set the Thermo and Baro masses to something above 0, I really want to keep the struts at 0. Because they are often used to circumvent game engine and game design limitations.

I hope this gets fixed by DeadlyReentry. Since the OP is pretty much based on 0.90 SETI-BalanceMod, I will keep DeadlyReentry listed there until I revisit the supported mods section for KSP 1.0.2.

SETI-CommunityTechTree 0.8.3

TechTree changes

• Selective use of "anyToUnlock = False" overwrites
  • Aerospace tech lines swapped (top and middle rows), to create room for other planned nodes
  • Many Mk3 parts later @experimentalAerodynamics
  • Some parts moved to repopulate "heavyAerodynamics" again, mods are planned to add parts here

SETI-CTT Mod Support

• Adjustable Landing Gear
  • Mk3 Mini Expansion Pack
  • SXT Mini-Goo
  • SXT Mk3 Ramp
  • VenStockRevamp

Mod Support: TAC Life Support

• Container clutter for Food/Oxygen/Water @enhancedSurvivability
  • WaterSplitters @advSurvivability
  • WaterPurifier @recycling
  • SabatierRecycler/Processor @orbitalStations
  • CarbonExtractor @longTermHabitation
  • All converters rebalanced in terms of mass/supported kerbals based on SETI-BalanceMod

Minor Changes & Fixes

• HRB nodes adjusted by Lord Aurelius

As of the last update for Pparts all the former glitches have been resolved. So no more resizing parts or shifting upon craft reload. Maybe this will lead to more seti 0.90 feel. I know I can not play without Pparts, too much ram wasted on tanks and the rest. Not to mention FAR fanno needs them for area rule. Deadly re entry is also updated.

Whats the functional difference with mas = 0 and turning off pshic significance?

Also CUSTOM CAREER LIMITS ARE HERE

OMG YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! DREAM COME TRUE!

Since 1.0 or so, physicsless parts add their mass to the part they are attached to, instead of just diregarding it.

So per strut, 50kg would would be added to the part it is attached to. If you attach a strut to the main rocket first and then to an asparagus second, the main rocket would have the added 50kg per strut even after the asparagus is decoupled...

Will take a look at the custom career limits.

Though since I do not want to start on the SETI-BalanceMod again before the next KSP patch and until SETI-CTT has caught up to all the previously supported mods, I will have to see what would fit into SETI-CTT.

Probably the first thing I will do is unlock the action groups right from the start...

I love you! This mod... I don't... can't imagine KSP without it!

Thank you very much for the flowers :kiss:.

As of the last update for Pparts all the former glitches have been resolved. So no more resizing parts or shifting upon craft reload. Maybe this will lead to more seti 0.90 feel. I know I can not play without Pparts, too much ram wasted on tanks and the rest. Not to mention FAR fanno needs them for area rule. Deadly re entry is also updated.

Will take a look at those as well. I read about some density changes. Not sure to what extend I will rebalance them for the SETI-CTT, maybe even add some of the stuff from SETI-BalanceMod.

Contract Pack: InitialContracts 1.0.2

Please note that this very small contract pack was first released when the SETI-Contracts were not distributed seperately from the SETI-BalanceMod.

It is just intended to replace the buggy stock starting contracts (for TechTrees starting with probes) and the overpowered stock record contracts with 3 initial contracts based on the ones from the SETI-Contracts.

The 3 missions can be completed with probes and/or manned vessels.

Updated for KSP 1.0.2

• Removed stock starting contracts
  • Removed overpowered stock record contracts
  • Rebalanced advances and rewards
  • Self-deactivation if SETI-Contracts are installed

Included a version file

Looks like a great mod! But I'm having trouble with empty spots in the tech tree: http://i.imgur.com/pbUn5qT.png

This is my Gamedata folder: http://i.imgur.com/Yzj1Tdm.png

I installed only the three mods that are supported by 1.0.2 (SETI-Greenhouse-0.9.1, SETI-Contracts-0.8.9, SETI-CommunityTechTree-0.8.3) and the required dependencies Community_Tech_Tree-2.1 and ContractConfigurator_1.0.4.

Any thoughts what could be the problem?

Thanks very much!

Looks like a great mod! But I'm having trouble with empty spots in the tech tree: http://i.imgur.com/pbUn5qT.png

This is my Gamedata folder: http://i.imgur.com/Yzj1Tdm.png

I installed only the three mods that are supported by 1.0.2 (SETI-Greenhouse-0.9.1, SETI-Contracts-0.8.9, SETI-CommunityTechTree-0.8.3) and the required dependencies Community_Tech_Tree-2.1 and ContractConfigurator_1.0.4.

Any thoughts what could be the problem?

Thanks very much!

Thank you.

No problem, this is the normal behaviour with techtrees for KSP 1.0 (since TechManager is discountinued and squad did not implement a proper "hideIfUseless" functionality).

The nodes will be populated by part mods, which support the CTT, like KSPIextended and NearFuture for that corner of the tech tree.

Just ignore them, if you do not use those part mods and the nodes are not required to get to other populated nodes (eg like the recycling/orbitalStation ones for the SETI-Greenhouse in shortTermHabitation).

Hey, awesome mod! Could you add a simple TOC at the head of the first post please? With this much information, it's kinda hard to follow and navigate to sections of interest.

Added a TOC, thank you for the suggestion!

Thank you.

No problem, this is the normal behaviour with techtrees for KSP 1.0 (since TechManager is discountinued and squad did not implement a proper "hideIfUseless" functionality).

The nodes will be populated by part mods, which support the CTT, like KSPIextended and NearFuture for that corner of the tech tree.

Just ignore them, if you do not use those part mods and the nodes are not required to get to other populated nodes (eg like the recycling/orbitalStation ones for the SETI-Greenhouse in shortTermHabitation).

Thanks very much for clarification. Just started new Career with this mod and looked over the tech tree. It looks 100x better this way than stock -- and the progression makes much more sense. Now, if you'll excuse me... I have a meeting with destiny.

I just installed SETI tech tree, contracts, and balance mod, and I'm no longer able to run a temperature or barometer scan. The right click menus for the thermometer and barometer just don't have that option listed. Am I missing something?

fSPbNLG.jpg

Thanks very much for clarification. Just started new Career with this mod and looked over the tech tree. It looks 100x better this way than stock -- and the progression makes much more sense. Now, if you'll excuse me... I have a meeting with destiny.

Your provision of screenshot and gamedata folder made support fast and easy, thank you!

The PPD-10 Hitchhiker Storage Container appears two times in the techtree, once in Space Exploration and in the following node Advanced Exploration.

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1. You had already researched the PPD-10 before installing the latest version of SETI-CTT, which shifted it back. Then it is just a left-over.

2. The one in spaceExploration is actually a PPD-2 KerbCan from VenStockRevamp, for 1.25m diameter and 1 kerbal.

Uploaded KSPI Extended Version 1.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-14

• Fixed multiple bugs with Near Future / SETI Mode
  • Waste Heat capacity is now calculated at dynamically allowing you to switch between NF/SETI mode and KSPI mode

Edited by FreeThinker

Your provision of screenshot and gamedata folder made support fast and easy, thank you!

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1. You had already researched the PPD-10 before installing the latest version of SETI-CTT, which shifted it back. Then it is just a left-over.

2. The one in spaceExploration is actually a PPD-2 KerbCan from VenStockRevamp, for 1.25m diameter and 1 kerbal.

Ah okay that solves it already. Didn't know that already researched parts which are shifted back will stay once in their previous node.

Thanks!

Uploaded KSPI Extended Version 1.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-14

• Fixed multiple bugs with Near Future / SETI Mode
  • Waste Heat capacity is now calculated at dynamically allowing you to switch between NF/SETI mode and KSPI mode

Thank you! And good luck with CKAN!

So KAS has just been updated to be compatible with 1.0.2. Will there be any change in the tech tree? The new version cuts some parts from what the description says.

Yes, already incorporated in the new version:

Also there is now a small/rough overview of the mods to fill up some of those empty tech nodes, linked besides the download in the OP.

SETI-CommunityTechTree 0.8.4

TechTree changes

• KAX small prop to earlyAviation
  • KAX JumpJet to specializedFlightSystems
  • Lights (Illuminators) earlier
  • VenStockRevamp Senior Hub @advMetalworks
  • Mobile Processing Lab to recycling
  • Hitchhiker to earlyOrbitalStations
  • Small Hitchhiker from VenStockRevamp to recycling
  • First Fairing 1.25m earlier @stability
  • ServiceBay 2.5m to storageTech
  • Simple ladders earlier @engineering101

Science Part Rebalancing

• MysteryGoo and MaterialsBay mass halfed to 80kg, transmit value reduced to 30%,
  • To improve usefulness for probes
  • Since I seem to be unable to stop scientists from resetting it without lab,
  • And I seem to be unable to mod the lab functionality to be less kerbal-star dependent,
  • I made MysteryGoo and MaterialsBay non-collectable (again)...

Part Rebalancing

• Sorry for yet another rebalance in SETIctt, but the mass of the Mk1-2 is just too imbalanced to be bearable...
  • Mk1-2 command pod much lighter

SETI-CTT Mod Support (official, there are some additional configs...)

• DMagic Orbital Science
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • KipEng Universal Docking Ports
  • Station Parts Expansion

Thanks for the update. One quick question though, on the first page it says the balancemod part isn't compatible with 1.0.2 yet. So only the three other parts work for now? If I download techtree, greenhouse and contracts only, do I still get the balance feature? Also I'm a bit confused that do I need to download CTT in order to use SETI-CTT?

Thank you! And good luck with CKAN!

Yes, already incorporated in the new version:

Also there is now a small/rough overview of the mods to fill up some of those empty tech nodes, linked besides the download in the OP.

SETI-CommunityTechTree 0.8.4

TechTree changes

• KAX small prop to earlyAviation
  • KAX JumpJet to specializedFlightSystems
  • Lights (Illuminators) earlier
  • VenStockRevamp Senior Hub @advMetalworks
  • Mobile Processing Lab to recycling
  • Hitchhiker to earlyOrbitalStations
  • Small Hitchhiker from VenStockRevamp to recycling
  • First Fairing 1.25m earlier @stability
  • ServiceBay 2.5m to storageTech
  • Simple ladders earlier @engineering101

Science Part Rebalancing

• MysteryGoo and MaterialsBay mass halfed to 80kg, transmit value reduced to 30%,
  • To improve usefulness for probes
  • Since I seem to be unable to stop scientists from resetting it without lab,
  • And I seem to be unable to mod the lab functionality to be less kerbal-star dependent,
  • I made MysteryGoo and MaterialsBay non-collectable (again)...

Part Rebalancing

• Sorry for yet another rebalance in SETIctt, but the mass of the Mk1-2 is just too imbalanced to be bearable...
  • Mk1-2 command pod much lighter

SETI-CTT Mod Support (official, there are some additional configs...)

• DMagic Orbital Science
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • KipEng Universal Docking Ports
  • Station Parts Expansion

Edited by hbkmog

Updated KSPI-E to version 1.1.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-15

• Update Community TechTree to 2.1
  • Fixed Negative Soot Accumulation
  • Prevent switching type of Electric Generator
  • Fixed Power scaling for Large Fusion Reactor in NF / SETI mode
  • Made Antimatter Collector scale with surface Size
  • Fixed Methalox not using Oxygen as second propellant
  • Fixed Methalox fix in Interstellar FuelTank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.