[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

No not using that, I did have Modular Rocket Systems, Fuel Tanks+, but I've removed those now to check and its still present.

Looking at it more it seems to be affecting the smaller tank sizes, once they get to 2.5m size the proc tanks hold more:

screenshot4.png

Edit: I've MFT 5.7.1 to see if it helps and that has made the figures a little worse. 

Edited by Torih

I'm experiencing an issue with Procedural Parts throwing exceptions. When I add the procedural decoupler and re-size it, the exceptions start spamming. Sometimes it causes the UI of the procedural parts to stop working, sometimes it crashes. I'm testing on Windows x64 with only MM and Procedural Parts installed in addition to the default files. Here are my logs.

I don't have Github so I'm posting it here:

Win7 x64, KSP 1.1.1230 X64. Using Procedural Parts as the only mod and the newest ModuleManager.

I've built two rockets of the same shape, size, mass and part count, both 29 parts. The first one stock, the second out of procedural parts except the obvious ones.

Loading the simulation gives me the following results:
Stock: 2 seconds.
PP: 26 seconds.

Imagine a large rocket with lots of parts ... the reason I started searching.

Examining the log shows it's rendering procedural drag cubes for every single part.

Couldn't find {ProceduralPart{updateDragCubesInEditor=true} in a settings file so I assume it's in the source.

I understand it has to be done one way or the other.
Idea: a button in the editor with "Render". This way someone can build something without stutters and have it only when finished, and only the parts that have changed; In the craft file a little flag per part if it's changed or not. You push the button and go do something else. Alternative mode for a "Render" button: a toggle to choose between rendering in editor or simulation.

Edited by Azimech

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

I don't have Github so I'm posting it here:

Win7 x64, KSP 1.1.1230 X64. Using Procedural Parts as the only mod and the newest ModuleManager.

I've built two rockets of the same shape, size, mass and part count, both 29 parts. The first one stock, the second out of procedural parts except the obvious ones.

Loading the simulation gives me the following results:
Stock: 2 seconds.
PP: 26 seconds.

Imagine a large rocket with lots of parts ... the reason I started searching.

Examining the log shows it's rendering procedural drag cubes for every single part.

Couldn't find {ProceduralPart{updateDragCubesInEditor=true} in a settings file so I assume it's in the source.

I understand it has to be done one way or the other.
Idea: a button in the editor with "Render". This way someone can build something without stutters and have it only when finished, and only the parts that have changed; In the craft file a little flag per part if it's changed or not. You push the button and go do something else. Alternative mode for a "Render" button: a toggle to choose between rendering in editor or simulation.

Having same issue, but with "The Monster" a "beauty" weighting 2400 Tn. Three liquid Stages + 8 SRB, all procedural, plus lots of Sepatrons to help stagging. Part count is about 130, loading time +5 minutes. Other than this, this beast can fly flawessly (well, can fly... on the launching process usually the launch pad gets destroyed, either on loading, or when the SRB ignite).

Sandbox+A1.test-1.PRELAUNCH.Kerbin.00_00

Edited by Sando Mutt

I'm getting incredible lag using this mod. I put a rocket with 6 procedural fuel tanks and the game was running at about 5 fps. Normally I get 60 fps. The same rocket had no lag once the parts were removed.

1 hour ago, toric5 said:

could we get a procedural cryotank from cryoengines/kerbalatomics?

There should be a patch for this in CryoTanks.  If it's not working you should probably let Nertea know.  Be sure to include logs and config cache.

Think the mod is broken for 1.1.1, crafts I previously built are all of the sudden going insane, (shaking apart, etc.)  Though it seems that replacing the struts had fixed this.  Still general glitching on others. 

Edited by RandomUser

I have only experienced one issue with this mod and is the aforementioned problem with the decoupled on rezising. It doesn't crash the game it just makes procedural parts rezising stop working. There is a workaround which entails saving the vessel, exiting vab, then reentering and loading the vessel. Just saving and reloading doesn't work. Also this behavior only starts with the decoupler, have not experienced with any other part. 

Anyone else getting stuck to the launchpad since 1.1.2 with Procedural Parts v1.2?

Sorry that's a bit vague, I'll try to narrow down exactly what series of events leads to this for a proper bug report, but I've been seeing multi-stage rockets with procedural fuel tanks getting stuck in space above the launchpad, so the launch-clamps will detach and then the rocket will just hang in space no matter how much thrust, or lack thereof.

I didn't see any immediate red errors in the log but I'll keep testing and get a log etc together later tonight

17 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Anyone else getting stuck to the launchpad since 1.1.2 with Procedural Parts v1.2?

Sorry that's a bit vague, I'll try to narrow down exactly what series of events leads to this for a proper bug report, but I've been seeing multi-stage rockets with procedural fuel tanks getting stuck in space above the launchpad, so the launch-clamps will detach and then the rocket will just hang in space no matter how much thrust, or lack thereof.

I didn't see any immediate red errors in the log but I'll keep testing and get a log etc together later tonight

Do you have procedural fairings? Previous update did this

On 4/29/2016 at 2:20 AM, Enceos said:

@RadarManFromTheMoon Do you have the same problem with long vessel loading time on launch? Fortunately there's no FPS drop for me.

I get both. After experimenting a bit, I noticed that I get 5fps if I launch directly from the pad (no clamps) until I stage my first stage, then the fps goes to normal levels.

If I use clamps, the frame drops stop as soon as I stage the clamps. I get nothing unusual in my log.

Edited by kendoka15
Details

2 hours ago, kendoka15 said:

Do you have procedural fairings? Previous update did this

I did/do, I tried it without PF and got the same thing, although I suspect once the "lock" is in place it become part of the craft file somehow because they became permanently stuck no matter what I did thereafter.

Built new ships from scratch very methodically one part at a time and everything's fine until that point, after browsing the PF thread it does sound like the PF autostruts are causing it, so I'll have to test that when I get off work.

So I JUST learned how to make my own textures for procedural parts, and I'm just messing around with different designs right now ( I am not even close to being done with this one) My question is, how are you guys making tanks mesh together really well, while mine here has a very thin white line between the tanks? I have tried re sizing the image and making sure I didn't have a single white pixel at the end of the image on photoshop. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? 

ZwEYtJk.png

Nevermind! Used a solid black end for the tank and its seemless now! 

Edited by Porter_John

Getting the same serious loading lag with this. I just Alt-f4 crashed out of the game after waiting 10+ minutes for a fairly simple ship (<100 parts) to load. Only appeared since the newest version.

Logs --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/iewjdt8oub2xult/output_log%20PP%20Bug.txt?dl=0

Lots of

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for proceduralConeLiquid

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Just did a real quick comparison. Same Craft with 30 PP tanks took 2.5 min to load. Same craft with Stock tanks took 4s to load. Only mods installed were PP and PF. Test ship did not have any fairings.

Edited by Razorfang

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.