Do ANY females/girl gamers play KSP?

sedativechunk

Are you a female kerbonaut?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a female kerbonaut?

• Yes
    • No

Hey OP, you know why you don't see us? It's because people like you keep making threads like this.

People keep making threads like this because after a few days people derail the thread and get it locked so we never get accurate results.

And what's wrong with us making these threads? They don't harm you.

And what's wrong with us making these threads? They don't harm you.

Yes they do. Because they're divisive and speculate on demographic value when really there's no need for 'accuracy' beyond being happy KSP is a game everyone can feel comfortable playing.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly, the amount of tribalism that comes from meaningless definition like "who plays this game" is completely unnecessary and only stands to pin stars on some players shirts and others not.

honestly, the amount of tribalism that comes from meaningless definition like "who plays this game" is completely unnecessary and only stands to pin stars on some players shirts and others not.
Not so friendly and inviting after all, are we KSP community?

I hope everyone can learn something from this thread and these words, and remember to both treat others better no matter their gender or race, and to actually stop and think about our words and our posts before making a fool of ourselves.

I hope everyone can learn something from this thread and these words, and remember to both treat others better no matter their gender or race, and to actually stop and think about our words and our posts before making a fool of ourselves.

That reminded me of a classic XKCD comic, actually:

listen_to_yourself.png

It's amazing what a few seconds of revision can do. Not to mention what a few minutes of careful thought before putting a single word in the text input box can do.

We are all fools already... All we can do is pretend we are not.

All people are born nice. It's society that makes people cold-hearted inside.

asking this question on a video game message board is like asking this question at the urinals. you're not sampling the most neutral demographic.

I would hope the population that uses he urinals would be at least a bit more weighted to the male demographic... :)

Actually this thread has (again) shown me how inviting and friendly the KSP community is. There are bad apples in every bunch, but the rest of us aren't letting them spoil US.

- - - Updated - - -

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

No seriously I knew what that video was of before I clicked it.

Women and Men have their respective quirks. Men can be terrible, I know that because I am one. Women can be equally terrible people.

It all depends on each person's respective experiences. That determines who you are, ultimately.

And by interesting you mean completely and utterly expected....

We've already had jokes about how gender identity is totally like claiming you're an air conditioner, we've had redacted posts questioning women's intelligence...and then we have the OP itself.

Folks, KSP is supposed to be a welcoming community. Let's bloody act like it.

Additional emphasis mine. Nicely said.

Really, gender shouldn't matter at all. We're all here for the same reasons... we like KSP, and we like space/science stuff, and so on. That's what matters here.

I am hoping with the female Kerbal coming, and hopefully being used in the advertising, that the balance will improve. I for one, welcome our female brethren. Uh, sisteren?

Hm, I always liked to use it instead of "you" in lots of cases in which I am specifically talking to someone but about a general fact.

One would use one when talking about a general case, yep, it's just not as common. I quite like it too, t makes one sound educated and sophisticated if one uses it. But here in oz, it'SW best not to use it too much.

We do have some gendered words, but generally only for people, or animals.

We've already had jokes about how gender identity is totally like claiming you're an air conditioner,

I thought they were more about the otherkin, a bizarre movement which sprang up in imitation of gender identity issues, where people actually do identify as fictional species, and airconditioners and what ever.

Plus, in the context of this thread, it's a away to deliberately not identify.

I mean no offence to anyone who identifies as something other then their gender assigned at birth, and hope most others here don't either.

Edited by Tw1

I thought they where more about the otherkin, a bizarre movement which sprang up in imitation of gender identity issues, where people actually do identify as fictional species, and airconditioners and what ever.

Can't speak for the poster I replied to, but this is correct in the case of my post. I'm still a proud central air unit, though. Anyway, I really can't believe this thread has blown up this much. It seems like a simple enough question, don't see why it's such a hot topic, though the OP is kind of a mess.*

*the post, not necessarily the user

Offcourse there are no females here. For that matter, there are no males either.

Personally, I'm a squid.

Can I join team squid?

It is a bit sad that demographics are the way they are. I hope that someday we can get it evened out.

I'd encourage everyone (regardless of what dangles between your various appendages) to just treat gamers like gamers.

We're all here to have fun, explode a few rockets, and strand Jeb on the Mun.

Soon we'll be stranding Valentina up there too. XD

Please, people. Stick to the point of the thread.

Point of thread: Is there a non-negative, non-zero number of female KSP players?

Answer: Yes.

Lock thread. Anything beyond "Yes." is off topic.

Edited by razark

I thought they where more about the otherkin, a bizarre movement which sprang up in imitation of gender identity issues, where people actually do identify as fictional species, and airconditioners and what ever.

Plus, in the context of this thread, it's a away to deliberately not identify.

I mean no offence to anyone who identifies as something other then their gender assigned at birth, and hope most others here don't either.

Poe's law applies. From personal experience, I estimate the whole otherkin thing to be half and half.

Now, let's see. Am I really an attack helicopter? I mean, am I really one?

fwup fwup fwup

Nope, can't get airborne.

Conclusion: I am out of fuel.