[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Finally found a way to fix the delayed ship explosion after attaching parts in deep space.

Tested in kerbin orbit, minmus orbit and "deep space". No problem so far !

I released 1.1.4 with the fix.

Hopefully all major bugs are fixed.

I'm now ready to release KAS v0.5 soon :)

Thank you so much for this!

So I stress tested the new version a bit regarding the explosion bug and from my perspective it seems totally bulletproof so far.

Really great job, KospY and again many thanks! :D

Thanks for your feedback and tests !

It's nice to get the confirmation that it work fine now :)

Nice, i didn't have that one in my starred hubs

Edit: And Kospy labeled it "wontfix" 4 days ago :/

It's a KSP related bug. You can check this ingame : the command seat tooltip icon are empty too.

I currently use icons generated by KSP.

I'm waiting Squad to fix this issue.

Hi,

I have a problem. I'm trying to build mining station for the first time. I landed several crafts in one are in aim to use their parts to assembly mining platform. I have dropped 2 fundations (cant remember this part name) and when I remove 2-3 parts from first craft game basicly freezes (runs at 1 fps or worse ). What could be the reason of this laags ?

Does those parts need to be connected to command pod to stop cause lags or is it something else ??

KospY,

Congrats on fixing the attach-and-explode problem. Just out of curiosity, what caused that? In the event I see that happen with another mod (including those I develop), I'd like to know where to look. Thanks.

Edited by Apollo13

KospY,

Congrats on fixing the attach-and-explode problem. Just out of curiosity, what caused that? In the event I see that happen with anoth mod (including those I develop), I'd like to know where to look. Thanks.

Have a look at the Issue Tracker. KospY explained it somewhat there.

Thank you for the update.

My little contribution, textures converted to DDS format.

version 1.1.4

Orginal mbm 9,90 MB (10.387.716 bytes)

Converted dds 3,30 MB (3.464.528 bytes)

Without GameData\KIS\Parts\guide\*.*

Link to Google Drive - Only for next 48h.

>>> Remember to remove the old textures (*.mbm), they have the same names as those converted to a DDS format) <<<

@ KospY

Please use them in the next update. (or not, your will)

Anyone find it odd that you seem to get containers and container mounts before you get the tools to add remove parts? I have unlocked all the levels through 45 science cost, starting on the 90's, and the tab for Kerbal carry parts where the tools are is empty. Yet I have unlocked the storage boxes and the mounts for them. Did I miss something?

Anyone find it odd that you seem to get containers and container mounts before you get the tools to add remove parts? I have unlocked all the levels through 45 science cost, starting on the 90's, and the tab for Kerbal carry parts where the tools are is empty. Yet I have unlocked the storage boxes and the mounts for them. Did I miss something?

Sorta, but maybe not. You can at least send up rockets with parts you will want later even if you cannot attach them yet. I still use Rover wheels even though I don't have any Engineers trained to fix them. I just have to drive really carefully. :-)

Thank you for the update.

My little contribution, textures converted to DDS format.

version 1.1.4

Orginal mbm 9,90 MB (10.387.716 bytes)

Converted dds 3,30 MB (3.464.528 bytes)

Without GameData\KIS\Parts\guide\*.*

Link to Google Drive - Only for next 48h.

>>> Remember to remove the old textures (*.mbm), they have the same names as those converted to a DDS format) <<<

@ KospY

Please use them in the next update. (or not, your will)

Thanks!! How did you convert the textures?

You get the wrench at tier 2 (or tier 1 if the starting node is tier 0) along with the KIS guide, which is pretty good.

I've been waiting to install KIS until KAS was updated to 1.x. I just installed it last night and I have to say wow! What an absolutely awesome mod. Thank you for all your hard work KospY.

What do I do about items that are "too heavy"? It says "bring more kerbal" but I have no idea what that means..

e: never mind, I figured it out! Just put more Kerbals nearby! :D

Edited by Kershu5

This mod is pure genius but there's one major deficiency - it's not possible to move large parts in space. If I want to move something like a hitchhiker module from one craft to another I have to play 3d football with it rather than being able to grab it and move it so it's close enough to attach it. I've gone through about 30 pages of this thread to see if I'm missing something obvious. Nothing would make me happier to be told that I'm wrong and "this is how you do it"!

I can understand not being able to move large/massive objects at the bottom of a gravity well, but in orbit all the Kerbal has to deal with is the large inertia, lower accelerations and higher RCS consumption. For the time being I've increased the grab distance to 100m, which is annoying because it's now way too easy to attach parts, but at least it's realistic at being able to move parts in zero-g

This mod is pure genius but there's one major deficiency - it's not possible to move large parts in space. If I want to move something like a hitchhiker module from one craft to another I have to play 3d football with it rather than being able to grab it and move it so it's close enough to attach it. I've gone through about 30 pages of this thread to see if I'm missing something obvious. Nothing would make me happier to be told that I'm wrong and "this is how you do it"!

I can understand not being able to move large/massive objects at the bottom of a gravity well, but in orbit all the Kerbal has to deal with is the large inertia, lower accelerations and higher RCS consumption. For the time being I've increased the grab distance to 100m, which is annoying because it's now way too easy to attach parts, but at least it's realistic at being able to move parts in zero-g

Get a harpoon from KAS or use a grappling device and make a small orbital tug for your Kerbal. Harpoon the part and drag it where you want it. For massive parts I usually slap an external seat, one monoprop tank and two 5 way rcs thrusters, then I drive the part where I want.

Question for anyone who may have an answer. Is it possible to have a container mount with multiple nodes (and still be able to release them using the ModuleKISPartMount module?)

Playing around with the VTS mod and hopeing to update the Racks to work with KIS.

EDIT: hey, got it partway figured out :D

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISPartMount
mountedPartNode = bottom
sndStorePath = KIS/Sounds/containerMount
allowRelease = true
MOUNT
{
attachNode = bottom01
allowedPartName= vtsfood

}
MOUNT
{
attachNode = bottom02
allowedPartName= vtsfood

}
MOUNT
{
attachNode = bottom03
allowedPartName= vtsfood

}
MOUNT
{
attachNode = bottom04
allowedPartName= vtsfood

}
}

This actually lets me release them, only thing is it releases them all at once. :P Any way to fix that?

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Question for anyone who may have an answer. Is it possible to have a container mount with multiple nodes (and still be able to release them using the ModuleKISPartMount module?)

Playing around with the VTS mod and hopeing to update the Racks to work with KIS.

Yes, Universal Storage mod was already updated with that feature. See the Hexacore part config there.

Edited by Enceos

Yes, Universal Storage mod was already updated with that feature. See the Hexacore part config there.

Thanks! I seem to have got it. Experimenting with US looks like clicking on the Hexicore and hitting release releases all the modules there too. So im assuming that just the way it works. On the plus side, attaching and reattaching works fine. except for the modules attach upsidown from the way their were attached. :P I can figure that one out.

I haven't tried yet but can't you bring another kerbal near the piece, or potentially more than one to be able to carry the larger pieces?

I swear I read that somewhere

I haven't tried yet but can't you bring another kerbal near the piece, or potentially more than one to be able to carry the larger pieces?

I swear I read that somewhere

Yea I have had that work.

I'm tinkering around with older parts that still have the KAS storage modules, specifically PRC and the ALCOR pod, and trying to figure out two things:

1.) How would I go about removing the ALCOR's seat inventory in lieu of having 1000L space of storage (simulating stowage space on the outside of the craft)?

2.) How would I reduce the volume size of the wheels? I think KIS is taking the expanded sizing rather than the collapse sizing as the default volume of the parts.