[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

I there any parachute that I can use by equipping it? for the kerbals?

Check out the VNG parachute mod, there is a plugin that goes with it to automatically equip all kerbals with cutes.

- - - Updated - - -

2) Add two parameters to ModuleKISItem :

allowStaticAttach = none / withTool / withoutTool

allowPartAttach = none / withTool / withoutTool

I really like this idea-- I think even non-engineer kerbals should be able to do some very basic stuff with small parts (mass 0.1 or less?). After all, they all go to the same 3 day/2 night (with open bar) training course at the Kerbonaught complex to qualify for the program.

I really like this idea-- I think even non-engineer kerbals should be able to do some very basic stuff with small parts (mass 0.1 or less?). After all, they all go to the same 3 day/2 night (with open bar) training course at the Kerbonaught complex to qualify for the program.

Yeah, all they can remember is something to do with putting bottles of beer on the wall... and then uninstalling one and distributing it... it's beyond them.

If I wanted to add cargo space to the rover body, would I only need the first Module from the containers or something else?

I guess the second one from the smaller container makes it carriable for kerbals, but the bigger one I cannot tell.

Looks like I encountered a problem.

I sent a rescue mission to Minmus to complete a contract and in a long 8-day trip (which I spent collecting lots of science from the Mun) I've found my rescue ship running out of power because I forgot about solar panels. But luckily there was an engineer onboard with all necessary tools and an old satellite with lots if small panels on orbit with enough dV for making close approach. So I decided to pick a panel from the sat.

And now to the main problem: after attaching the panel to my ship it fell apart (F3 menu showed me lots of structural failures on all linkages). I reloaded so many times and the best result I could achieve is to timewarp a few times and then again my ship was broken. Another thing to notice is when I start a timewarp the ship changes its orientation (not too much but more than usually for 1.25m rocket) and sometimes it explodes at the moment I press > button. Sometimes it even fly away from me with tremendous acceleration before I get aboard again. I suspect that it could be a problem with service bay, but before I put a panel everything goes fine.

All the mods I have: KIS, KAC, KER, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Transfer Window Planner.

UPD: Just checked that the problem wasn't in the service bay. Reattached the panel to the sat - the same happened. When I start the timawarp vessel changes its orientation and the attached solar panel appears in space near the craft on a fraction of a second. While tried to make a screenshot of this (timewarp on and off) the ship changed its speed (by about 3 m/s relatively to the target, was something very close to 0).

Edited by orven

in addition to the VNG plugin already mentioned, v2.0 of RealChute is slated to have kerbal parachute packs in it

The beauty of the VNG mod (with the extra EVA plugin) is that all kerbals have it automatically, you do not have to make the kerbal try to put on the parachute while they are falling to their doom. It has saved my kerbals from EVA accidents more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.

I've seen that a few times now...

And yet....you still asked.

Just came across the small bug with the external seats. I saw on Github its a known issue but when thinking it over this would be an issue for any small/transparent part.(LLL docking lights for example) They could end up getting lost easily. Might I suggest that any KIS icons have some kind of bevel or boarder so that even if there is no obvious icon, you still know something is there?

I love the fact that this mod actually gives Engineers more of a purpose. Pilots are already invaluable.. as well as scientists (to a point).

~Steve

If you install the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod, you'll eventually find yourself having 20+ Engineers.

Just came across the small bug with the external seats. I saw on Github its a known issue but when thinking it over this would be an issue for any small/transparent part.(LLL docking lights for example) They could end up getting lost easily. Might I suggest that any KIS icons have some kind of bevel or boarder so that even if there is no obvious icon, you still know something is there?

Good idea, I think changing background color of a cell that has an item is much easier in terms of coding than making an outline of parts.

Edited by Enceos

I am having a problem - KIS seems to erase the open node of a radial attachment point after removing an attached part from it. See below picture: I removed the battery stack from the radial attachment node, but now it is impossible to reattach. I can attach the battery on another open node like the docking port (or on the battery on the other side), but not back to the original radial point. I could reproduce the bug with the radial node on the other side as well.

zBzxXLm.png

SirJodelstein, did you try to do something from this list?

- changing attach node using R

- saving and reloading game

- looking for errors in log

- attaching different part to that node

SirJodelstein, did you try to do something from this list?

- changing attach node using R

- saving and reloading game

- looking for errors in log

- attaching different part to that node

I tried changing the attach node, that didn't help (it just switches from top to bottom). No errors in the log. I also tried to attach the battery bank from the other side to the first node and vice versa without success. Didn't try quicksave/quickload.

Don't know if this is easy, but I'll ask.

Upon vessel recovery, can KIS iterate through the parts in the storage containers to recover the costs of those parts? Right now, it appears (perhaps I'm wrong) that the contents of containers are not recovered.

If not possible, then...oh well. Cost of doing business then.

If you install the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod, you'll eventually find yourself having 20+ Engineers.

Sorry, I never cared for it. I've got my list of major mods and I'm quiet happy with it.

-KSP Intersteller

-KIS/KAS

-Remote Tech

-Life Support

-Like 10 Minor mods

I'm just patiently waiting for them all to get fully updated and compatible while I vanilla around the K3 area getting 100% science and building up my funds. Those KSPI parts are QUITE expensive.

~Steve

I am having a problem - KIS seems to erase the open node of a radial attachment point after removing an attached part from it. See below picture: I removed the battery stack from the radial attachment node, but now it is impossible to reattach. I can attach the battery on another open node like the docking port (or on the battery on the other side), but not back to the original radial point. I could reproduce the bug with the radial node on the other side as well.

http://i.imgur.com/zBzxXLm.png

Have you actually removed the battery, dropped it and picked it up again to re-attach?

Don't know if this is easy, but I'll ask.

Upon vessel recovery, can KIS iterate through the parts in the storage containers to recover the costs of those parts? Right now, it appears (perhaps I'm wrong) that the contents of containers are not recovered.

If not possible, then...oh well. Cost of doing business then.

The cost should be added to the container, so when you recover the craft you won't see recovery information for the parts in the container but the container should itself refund you more. Is that not the case?

Ok I have a question and either a bug found or my own ignorance.

I have been playing around with ModuleKISItem, and came across a couple things I'm just not getting.

First is the question, as I am not sure what I am doing wrong, is how to get an item carried to go on a kerbal's back. Here is the code I am using

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
shortcutKeyAction = drop
useName = use
usableFromEva = true
usableFromContainer = true
usableFromPod = true
usableFromEditor = true
stackable = false
volumeOverride = 2500
editorItemsCategory = false
moveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
equipable = false
equipMode = physic
equipSlot =
equipSkill =
equipRemoveHelmet = false
equipMeshName = helmet
equipBoneName = helmet01
equipPos = (0, 0, 0)
equipDir = (0, 0, 0)
carriable = true
allowAttachOnStatic = false
}

The part is obviously too big to fit in a Kerbals inventory but the carriable does let me put it in and it says "carried". But I like the option of "physic" that it sounds like it would put it on their back and disable RCS. But I can't figure out how to make that happen.

The second issue I've run into, and I don't know if it is related or a bug. But say for example I have two items with the above settings. I can drag 2 out of inventory and put them on the kerbal, and they both say "carried". I was under the assumption that carried would be restricted to one item at a time. Now if I attach both of those items to a craft, and then remove one, when I go to remove the second it won't let me as I am carrying one already. So the carried thing works in that case. But when pulling from KIS inventory I can pull out what seems to be an unlimited number of items that are set carriable = true.

Edit

So I figured out the first question, getting an item onto the kerbal's back. But the second seems to be a bug.

If I set Equipslot = back for 2 items, I can still pull them both out of inventory and onto the kerbal, as if it isn't checking item slot "back"

If I detach one item and put it back on the kerbal and then try to detach the second one, it will tell me the item slot "back" is in use. So basically KIS doesn't seem to check when pulling from inventory.

Edited by goldenpsp

Does anybody else have issues with KIS not recognizing mouse clicks? I landed a container near my ship as a refueling cargo drop. I was able to detach the small command pod and parachute from the container (they exploded upon detaching?) but I am not able to actually pick up and carry the container. The mouse-over is green and says "grab" but no matter what angle the camera or the Kerbal is facing, I have yet to pick the container up. I was under the impression they can carry the containers on their backs or in their inventory? This is on the surface of Kerbin, so is that a in-space only feature?

Ran into a strange issue. Placing some of the stock batteries on to a ship into orbit. Everything works fine then about 10-15 seconds after the attachment is finished the ship just falls apart. No explosions just seems all the parts disconnect and fly off.

Anyone else run into this?

Ran into a strange issue. Placing some of the stock batteries on to a ship into orbit. Everything works fine then about 10-15 seconds after the attachment is finished the ship just falls apart. No explosions just seems all the parts disconnect and fly off.

Anyone else run into this?

Happens only if your attached part was intersecting another one. Pick your places carefully and always quicksave.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody else have issues with KIS not recognizing mouse clicks? I landed a container near my ship as a refueling cargo drop. I was able to detach the small command pod and parachute from the container (they exploded upon detaching?) but I am not able to actually pick up and carry the container. The mouse-over is green and says "grab" but no matter what angle the camera or the Kerbal is facing, I have yet to pick the container up. I was under the impression they can carry the containers on their backs or in their inventory? This is on the surface of Kerbin, so is that a in-space only feature?

Have you tried dragging the container to your inventory?

Have you tried dragging the container to your inventory?

I did, nothing happened. No sounds or anything - the cursor was still the hand and said "Grab" and everything. If nobody else has this issue of KIS not recognizing mouse clicks, then I will attribute it to my laptop and the fact that I need (want is a better word, I suppose) a new one.

Found a bug for you.

Its possible to over fill a container in the VAB. If you use the option to place it in the scene (so you can tweak it) and then drag it into the container, the container does not throw the the "over limit (+X)" message that it normally would if you where just dragging the part from the parts menu. Even if you don't modify the part.