[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Is it possible to attach to spacecraft with struts, because I can only get the base of the strut to appear when I attach. Do I need KAS for this?

You need KAS which may work in 1.x, but YMMV

Figured out my issue! It was just me being dumb, but you might want to update the manual anyway (so as not to turn away other dumb players. :P )

I hadn't realized that I needed to do something special to "Equip" the wrench - I was just holding parts over things and pressing X, and wondering why it wasn't working. I assumed that it was just checking if I had a rench in my inventory.

Awesome mod!

The manual really does need some work. I was equipping the wrench but did not know I had to hold down the X button while clicking to actually "use" the wrench.

I still cannot figure out how to get things to go back into my inventory once they are out, I have been just tossing things on the ground because I cannot get them back into the box/eva inventory.

The manual really does need some work. I was equipping the wrench but did not know I had to hold down the X button while clicking to actually "use" the wrench.

I still cannot figure out how to get things to go back into my inventory once they are out, I have been just tossing things on the ground because I cannot get them back into the box/eva inventory.

Hold the grab key, the click and hold, then drag to inventory.

This is unconfirmed at best, misleading, and potentially dishonest at worst. Please provide evidence f your claim. logs and reproduction steps at a minimum. Thank you. As counter evidence I have used all three plus a crap ton more mods with no issues.

Reading the way they phrased it, it seems like they added some mods after having a save already made, and that caused the corruption of the previously saved craft files. If so, that's still on the user.

Hold the grab key, the click and hold, then drag to inventory.

Ahh, I was holding G, clicking, then dragging over to the inventory and trying to click at the window. You have to hold down the left mouse the whole time.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a cfg setting that will let you place certain very small items ( <0.1 mass ) by hand using a non-engineer without tools?

Edited by Smurfalot

Quick question for you guys- the ground base objects. When I "attach" them to the ground, they don't actually stay put and can be pushed around quite a bit. Are they not really /supposed/ to, do I weigh them down, something else..?

When I was checking this out, I was trying to set an Oscar-B fuel tank from the container to the ground, but it would fall through the ground (clipping) and explode.

Didnt have a be a chance to try it with any other items, is this a common bug / am I doing something wrong? I was on the runway, trying to set it on the runway.

No, not yet. See a few pages back.

I went all the way back to the 1.1.2 release post on page 73.

Can you be more specific, maybe a post number?

Edit:

EPL has a little KIS-Mallet to drive in survey stakes...I might just beef that up to be used for 0.1 mass or less and call it good.

Edited by Smurfalot

I went all the way back to the 1.1.2 release post on page 73.

Can you be more specific, maybe a post number?

Edit:

EPL has a little KIS-Mallet to drive in survey stakes...I might just beef that up to be used for 0.1 mass or less and call it good.

Damn this thread moves fast... It's on page 68, post 688. Kospy talks about toollessness.

I'm also having the problem with dropping things from inventory onto the ground and having them clip through the ground. It also happens in space when i try to put an explosive on a derelict mobile lab from which I'd just rescued a kerbal. The explosive looks like it clips through into the lab model ... so only engineers can detonate things? If that's a feature, then it needs to be changed for at least the explosives.

Better yet, what if I've got a scientist bouncing around the mun and I want to drop/recollect a thermometer to get some additional science on the go? It's hit and miss for me as to whether the parts fall through the ground and explode. If this is more of a collision problem with the core game engine ... then can we at least get an option to use science things from inventory?

I'm also having the problem with dropping things from inventory onto the ground and having them clip through the ground. It also happens in space when i try to put an explosive on a derelict mobile lab from which I'd just rescued a kerbal. The explosive looks like it clips through into the lab model ... so only engineers can detonate things? If that's a feature' date=' then it needs to be changed for at least the explosives.

Better yet, what if I've got a scientist bouncing around the mun and I want to drop/recollect a thermometer to get some additional science on the go? It's hit and miss for me as to whether the parts fall through the ground and explode. If this is more of a collision problem with the core game engine ... then can we at least get an option to use science things from inventory?[/quote']

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ox2v4339j921v/EVAscience.cfg?dl=0

That will allow scientists only to use the 4 small sensors on eva. Just put them in the kerbals inventory then equip them. You will still have to right click on them to get the science.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ox2v4339j921v/EVAscience.cfg?dl=0

That will allow scientists only to use the 4 small sensors on eva. Just put them in the kerbals inventory then equip them. You will still have to right click on them to get the science.

That's really nice, and a step in the right direction, but I still have to drop the items to get the science out of them.

I dont know much about modding, I just copy and paste the eva propellent.

I ended with this code

@PART[parachuteRadial]:

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant

shortcutKeyAction = equip

equipable = true

equipSlot = jetpack

usableFromEva = true

usableFromContainer = false

usableFromPod = true

usableFromEditor = false

equipMeshName = jetpack_base01

equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01

equipPos = (0.06,0.04,-0.09)

equipDir = (10,0,0)

}

}

I dont know much about modding, I just copy and paste the eva propellent.

I ended with this code

@PART[parachuteRadial]:

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant

shortcutKeyAction = equip

equipable = true

equipSlot = jetpack

usableFromEva = true

usableFromContainer = false

usableFromPod = true

usableFromEditor = false

equipMeshName = jetpack_base01

equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01

equipPos = (0.06,0.04,-0.09)

equipDir = (10,0,0)

}

}

Add this line under equipSlot and change it to physic.

equipMode = part // model (default) or physic

So it should look like this:

equipMode = physic // model (default) or physic

@d'car: doing the above for the science instruments might let you collect the data.

Add this line under equipSlot and change it to physic.

equipMode = part // model (default) or physic

So it should look like this:

equipMode = physic // model (default) or physic

@d'car: doing the above for the science instruments might let you collect the data.

Physic mode is only there if you want to enable physical properties of your part, like collision. In other situations parts should use equipMode = part

Played with this mod a bit tonight to test run the main reason I downloaded it - for airdropping resupply containers for downed kerbals/ships on other planets. I recently had a mishap on Duna that cost the (temporary) lives of the four orange suits, so I'm glad I stumbled on this mod!

11205078_10206399401774269_1785436067994867972_n.jpg?oh=c89c5b42b763b796720ef12cbf5570f0&oe=55CF687F

Works like a charm! Dropped some fuel cargo near my ship, loaded it up, and was able to take off again. The only issue I had was empty fuel tanks exploding once detached (clipping through ground) and once attached, the fuel tanks did NOT want to come off. I had to keep trying at different angles and positions until it finally detached (even though the cursor was always green/said "Detach") but that's alright. I assume it might be the different mods I'm using or maybe just a small bug in the mod so far.