[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

vOv  No idea.

E: Just to drive this home, Spaceport isn't stable right now.  Github would probably be a good option, IMO better than any other mod hosting out there, I'll think about that.  But the real problem here is that I don't care anymore.  Finding hosting for these mods means I am responsible for them again and I'd rather play KSP or Minecraft or Factorio or do some carpentry or metal work than code as a hobby (considering I code for a living and I'm near burnout).

Yeah, I'm not touching these mods again.  Hosting is up to someone else, you can PM me if you want to transfer stewardship.

Edited by regex

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, regex said:

vOv  No idea.

E: Just to drive this home, Spaceport isn't stable right now.  Github would probably be a good option, IMO better than any other mod hosting out there, I'll think about that.  But the real problem here is that I don't care anymore.  Finding hosting for these mods means I am responsible for them again and I'd rather play KSP or Minecraft or Factorio or do some carpentry or metal work than code as a hobby (considering I code for a living and I'm near burnout).

Yeah, I'm not touching these mods again.  Hosting is up to someone else, you can PM me if you want to transfer stewardship.

I'm no modding King, but myself and some others would be willing to take these over.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

2 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

Does the KSC Switcher work in RSS? If so, does it have launch sites on all the continents?

Yes.  RSS defines its own launch sites file.

I'm going to assume the PM I received but haven't looked at is regarding taking over any or all of these mods and not bother quoting anyone else.

what do these values do in the KCS switcher config ?

PQSCity
			{

lodvisibleRangeMult = 6

repositionRadiusOffset = 993
				reorientFinalAngle = -9.4
			}
			PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				radius = 0
				heightMapDeformity = 80
				absoluteOffset = 0
				absolute = true			

}

I need to know b.c. im not having luck getting a new KCS location to mount flush with the terrain.

16 minutes ago, lextacy said:

what do these values do in the KCS switcher config ?

PQSCity
			{

lodvisibleRangeMult = 6

repositionRadiusOffset = 993
				reorientFinalAngle = -9.4
			}
			PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				radius = 0
				heightMapDeformity = 80
				absoluteOffset = 0
				absolute = true			

}

I need to know b.c. im not having luck getting a new KCS location to mount flush with the terrain.

Here :) 

On 2/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, Jamesbowser said:

The download is broken Kerballstuff shut down fix it plz :P

No.

Also, mods have found a new home, NathanKell made mention of the RO group taking them over because RO relies on KSCSwitcher and RP-0 uses KerbalRenamer.

I can't switch to the <test-launch-site> I made. To be honest, some parameters, like height map deformation, absolute offset are giving me a headache. I don't understand what they do, so I think the problem lies there.

Site
        {
            name = dummy
            displayName = dummy
            description = a test, west of africa
            PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = dummy
                latitude = 0
                longitude = 0
                repositionRadiusOffset = 75
                repositionToSphereSurface = false
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 10000
                heightMapDeformity = 50
                absoluteOffset = 25
                absolute = true
                latitude = 0
                longitude = 0
            }
        }

Minimal modding for now (shortes possible loading times), having a look at principia with RSS:

Kopernicus

KSCSwitcher

Module Manager

Real Solar System & textures of course

Principia

I looked at some sites from rss to understand heightmapdeformation, etc. but can't make sense of it. Sometimes it's higher than    absolut offset or repositiontoqphereoffset, sometimes lower.

Edited by Benji

On 02.03.2016 at 9:33 PM, Deimos Rast said:

FYI, if you're looking for KSC Switcher, there is always the Kerbal Stuff torrent...

Can't find it in archive. What is the name of the folder?

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me KSC Switcher will be updated for 1.1

I found I can't play without it because it allows so much more to happen in the game. Non-equatorial launches, multiple landing strips, etc... Hell, it's one of those mods that I'd be willing to pay for it that's what it took for it to be updated!

Hey. Can I upload a config for the launch sites for harder solar system?

EDIT: I would like to upload it on the forum just for those who don't know how the code works.

If you want I can also send it to you so that you can add it.

Edited by Luka 999

17 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

Please tell me KSC Switcher will be updated for 1.1

I found I can't play without it because it allows so much more to happen in the game. Non-equatorial launches, multiple landing strips, etc... Hell, it's one of those mods that I'd be willing to pay for it that's what it took for it to be updated!

Refer to the post above yours, and hope that the RO dev team has time to respond to that while getting it to work with 1.1... 

Two quick questions:

On Kerbal Renamer, what do I do if I only want a specific last name for the kerbals, and want the first name generator to stay?

On KSC Switcher, how do I get new KSCs to show up? Do I need them on a seperate file? How do I add it to the primary config? Help Please.

--EDIT--

BTW, I'm using 150% Stock KSP except for KR and KSCR.

Edited by Andem