Why do you never visit Dres?

John FX

Dres is Boring, Its just a mun clone in orbit around the sun they should give it a few moons maybe mimic the pluto system.

Edited by Dooz

I've been to everywhere except Dres. I figured it would just be another Moho experience (and I didn't like it).

Asteroids might make it more interesting, but I'd love to see a tiny little moon with a thin oxygen atmosphere around Dres.. even if it's not realistic. I'm sure it would get a lot of more love then.

Dres is basically Ceres, we've known about it for over 200 years and humanity is just now beginning to explore it. We didn't send a spacecraft to explore it until March of 2015!
Erm. It was sent there 7 years ago.

I intend to have a dedicated Dres program, in roughly this order:

orbiter>unmanned lander>rover>robotic return>manned landing>Dresteroid return mission.

on that note, can class A asteroids fit inside a cargobay?

You could try taking a large empty fairing up, approachin it, timewarping until the asteroid is inside the fairing, and have a claw on the inside of the fairing grab it.

- - - Updated - - -

No reason they shouldn't, they're smaller than 2.5m parts, but larger than 1.25m parts IIRC.

No, they are at least 4 meters in diameter.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sure, a 3 km deep canyon is soooo boring~

But Nova, have you ever been to Dres?

funny vid :)

has anyone pictures of the asteroids around dres?

Allow me to present the first asteroid I found on dress, a Class D one...

zyWkaEo.jpg

the Asteroid itself weights over 500 TONS, it made my extractor go from 3,2k delta v to a wooping 178 delta v.

Allow me to present the first asteroid I found on dress, a Class D one...

picture

the Asteroid itself weights over 500 TONS, it made my extractor go from 3,2k delta v to a wooping 178 delta v.

cool, thx a lot :D

I once sent an orbiter-lander duo there. All I remember is that the orbiter was called Jaime, and the lander that it dropped to the surface was called Bran.

Did the lander break its landing legs?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.