Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

For some apparent reason, necro-posting is starting to happen at a constant rate right now. :) So... how does it feel to see 2 year old posts be brought up today and have to close the thread?

Of course "Curious Georges" dont mean to necro it just happens. Its just how do you manage to join the forums and post and/or find a post 2 years ago. Talk about browsing the spacecraft exchange a lot :).

For some apparent reason, necro-posting is starting to happen at a constant rate right now. :) So... how does it feel to see 2 year old posts be brought up today and have to close the thread?

Of course "Curious Georges" dont mean to necro it just happens. Its just how do you manage to join the forums and post and/or find a post 2 years ago. Talk about browsing the spacecraft exchange a lot :).

Well, I don't frequent Spacecraft Exchange, but if you see any necros be sure to report them, a moderator will be on the scene shortly.

Personally I don't mind necros in general as long as they contain a thoughtful comment. Bringing up years-old threads for the explicit purpose of violating the rules seems a little...frivolous.

I would say that a number of "necropsots" taht get reported are not necrposts under the context the user has posted, I could be wrong.. I might just get all the goods ones.. We get things like slightly older Mods listed as being necroposted when someone askes dose anyone know how to get around bug in them with a new version..

How ever taht doesn't make up for the people who find a year old thread and post "oh yerh thats awesome".. I might recall doing that once when I was using the search for something back when I fist joined :P

If you post on a forum that is later locked, do those posts not show up on your post count?

Because I posted a couple hundred times on my war of insanity thread. When it was locked, my posts were reduced ALOT!

Locking a thread does not affect post count. Moving a thread from one subforum to another might, though. In particular, posts in the Forum Games section do not add to your post count, so any posts in the War of Insanity thread never affected your post count.

[...]

And WHAT was the forum massacre of 2013?

I hear about it, but I don't actually know what it was!

Basically, a LOT of forum's activity(like posts, new accounts, article, blogs etc..) were lost.

And when I say "a lot", I mean that several months worth of activity was deleted. That include new accounts.

(note that not everything made in these months were deleted, some accounts survived the massacre).

edit: if you want more precise information, it's 6 months worth of activity that was lost. Yes, half a year; that's why it's called the massacre

edit 2: I got ninja'd during my first edit D:

Edited by goldenpeach

And WHAT was the forum massacre of 2013?

I hear about it, but I don't actually know what it was!

So to further elaborate, a lot of threads, posts, and even accounts that were made after November, 2012, were lost in April, 2013. Some survived, but a lot perished.

Edited by Endersmens