Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Is banning always caused by multiple occasions, or can one really, really terrible post set the banhammer off?

Also, are bans always permanent, or are some temporary?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a professional either, French is my native language :D

But what did you mean by "refroidisseur" ?

If it's not too off-topic, although I'm.. From somewhere in Southeast Asia.. I can speak exactly 0.005 German.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut.

See?

I'm guessing that moderating is lonly work?

Nah. We're a pretty chatty bunch. :)

We've had some spammers try to post junk that got them banned on one offense, but as has been said already, it's really quite rare, and a member has to put a consistent effort into getting banned.

Some bans are temporary, to get a person's attention if infractions haven't worked, but that's pretty unusual, too. Those can be for a day or a week, and once or twice, for a month or so.

Hey, this has been frustrating me a lot, but, why is there a quota on how many story private messages? Between sent and received, i run out of space three times a day!

It's to keep the forum database to a reasonable size. You could stop keeping your sent messages to keep from hitting the limit so often, and you can export old ones to make space for new ones.

If I had a blog about my general KSP building life (Which is mostly making ships,) would you recommend I post it in KSP Fan Works (Because it's a blog) Or the Spacecraft Exchange (Because the blog is about ship building?)

Thanks!

If I had a blog about my general KSP building life (Which is mostly making ships,) would you recommend I post it in KSP Fan Works (Because it's a blog) Or the Spacecraft Exchange (Because the blog is about ship building?)

Thanks!

Have it be a blog, you can make them, you've made 3 already.

This.

My question: Why do some forum-goers put their username at the end of their post, for example Rune and Jolly_Roger, like this:

Sharkman...

That was asked a couple of pages back, I guess they like signing their posts with their username rather than using the built in signature function. It's no big deal, though I personally only do so in PMs.

Why do some people put their username at the end of their post?

Like this:

Sharkman...

Have it be a blog, you can make them, you've made 3 already.

My question: Why do some forum-goers put their username at the end of their post, for example Rune and Jolly_Roger, like this:

Sharkman...

That was asked a couple of pages back, I guess they like signing their posts with their username rather than using the built in signature function. It's no big deal, though I personally only do so in PMs.

He was the original asker of that question... :confused:

Edited by Endersmens

Ok, not a question, but just thought i'd say thank you for making the forums such a great place to be!

Thanks! We are certainly glad you're enjoying your time here. :D

about how many users got a perm ban from everything Squad owns?

Not sure exactly what you're asking here. We wouldn't list a specific number for the forum anyway. But I can say that it's pretty rare. Generally people get plenty warnings and sometimes shorter timeouts before a full perma-ban.

Cheers,

~Claw

Not sure exactly what you're asking here. We wouldn't list a specific number for the forum anyway. But I can say that it's pretty rare. Generally people get plenty warnings and sometimes shorter timeouts before a full perma-ban.

Cheers,

~Claw

Its the last rule, this one

"5.2 Evasion of punitive measures

Members who intentionally evade the effects of punitive measures such as a banishment or post restriction are subject to an immediate and permanent ban of any or all of the services Squad provides for the Kerbal Space Program community." about how many users were banned like this?

Its the last rule, this one

"5.2 Evasion of punitive measures

Members who intentionally evade the effects of punitive measures such as a banishment or post restriction are subject to an immediate and permanent ban of any or all of the services Squad provides for the Kerbal Space Program community." about how many users were banned like this?

No specific numbers, but I can say that there are a few troublesome individuals. Usually pretty easy to isolate, as they tend to have similar IPs and posting styles.

Question about infractions: if we are,given an infraction, but the point level given is zero, is that just a first offense warning?

Yes, those are called "notices" instead of infractions, and are basically just a moderator saying "hey, about this... "