Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox

lajoswinkler

In my not so humble opinion, this is an underrated game with only 3.7 points scored on Google Play, but deserves at least 4.2.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saterskog.cell_lab&attachment_canonical_url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google .com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.saterskog .cell_lab

Game author is Petter Säterskog.

It's a quite difficult one, I must admit. I've been playing it for months now. It requires thinking on several levels at once and everything you do induces changes to the point of chaos. Try it out, you won't regret it.

That game is really, REALLY hard, even with all those tutorials, it depends on timing, luck and placement as much as designing. I unlocked all the levels but with skipping some and I only managed to complete 80% of it maybe? Me not understand multicells.

I got to the thirteenth level and now I'm stuck. Help a brother. :D

Really, you have to "cheat" and exploit precision placing while frozen.

Honestly, it doesn't seem that great. You really rely on luck far too much; or using multiple creatures

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is not an advert for it, please don't report me, but I saw a few people on the forums saying that the bacteria stage in SPORE was the best stage (which is something I agree with) and I think I've found something even better.

So the game is for android and it's called "Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox". It's a bit hard in the beginning, but IMO it's amazing once you learn it and is also pretty realistic, it seems. Go check it out and rate it higher than it is, because the game totally deserves it.

I've created a cool predator today. It munches down other cells with its mouth in the front and spawns baby cells out the back. Shame the genomes can be shared via emails only.

I have also unlocked all the cell types up to Neurocytes. These ones are really complicated though.

Edited by Veeltch

• 1 year later...

The game is beta now and you can help testing the prerelease. It's on v98 and available on Google store. The creator added more cells which include gametes that make reproduction much more interesting.

I recently evolved (by pure chance) a Hydra-like organism that can repair its own mutated cells.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.