Devnote Tuesday: Slow News Day II

SQUAD

Hmmm now I want to give it a guess... landing lights on all landing gear / legs?
New wheeled landing gear are in KSP courtesy of Porkjet's work; while gear lights would be 'nice to have' I don't think RoverDude would be working on them.

Wow, this is amusing to watch people wracking their brains looking for more clues than are there... Roverdude, wait longer to say it! Or better yet, give more hints hidden inside other misinformation! This is fun to watch! Call the conspiracy theorists!

Well, keep in mind you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to enjoy solving puzzles. Throw a puzzle at a bunch of people that obviously love to play games, and I think the results will be rather predictable :)

- - - Updated - - -

Xenon mining from asteroids confirmed.

or...

I think you neglected to consider whether small and large referred to a particular class of asteroid. So maybe a large xenon tank around the size of a class B, but smaller than a D?

Three things mentioned in a single sentence, this can only mean
HL3 is confirmed! Furthermore, HL3 will involve space travel: Gordon Kerman will have to fix a Xenon tank, so he can get to an asteroid!

With a crowbar.

Hmm. I just tried to import a craft from my modded Science mode save, and it doesn't seem to work. Gives me an error saying that .craft files aren't supported.

EDIT: Just noticed that there's an exporter.

EDIT2: this should be it. It's turning up empty for me.

Edited by bigyihsuan

And guys, the term featurette is appropriate. This is not some massive thing - it's just something small but really nice that I was able to get into 1.0.3, and I think folks will like. So please set expectations accordingly... so something Larger than a new Xenon tank or SRB, but smaller than asteroid mining.

Hmm... I'm guessing it's a 1.25m container of poptarts and brightly coloured energy drinks, and if the crew runs out they'll go on strike until you supply more.

In other news, has anyone dropped any clues as to whether 1.0.3 actually changes the aerodynamic behaviours, or just the heating model?

A lot of previous posters have speculated on stuff I never thought of, but might be possible. After looking at a lot of reasons why people think it's one or the other, my personal estimate are one of these (not in any order):

- Clamshell Fairings

- Landing approximation in atmospheric bodies

- Fuel hoses

- A fuel switch option to toggle tanks between LF+Ox, LF only, Ox only

I'm no coder, but those all seem small enough in scope to implement; not to mention they all have mods already performing the functions. Roverdude may have consulted with those modders.

I don't consult with modders outside of making my own mods ;) That would be a Max thing - I just make stuff :D

Side note... the correct answer has been guessed in this thread. As well as the thread in general discussion where I provide additional hints.

(Time to get popcorn and watch the intensified speculation commence).

I don't consult with modders outside of making my own mods ;) That would be a Max thing - I just make stuff :D

Side note... the correct answer has been guessed in this thread. As well as the thread in general discussion where I provide additional hints.

(Time to get popcorn and watch the intensified speculation commence).

Wow, never thought an orbital rail gun would get into the game!

Kasper (KasperVld)...

...and of course the lovely people at Sketchfab made it possible to import .craft files (<a href="

">
</a>) on their system, allowing you to share craft files in 3D! *poke* *nudge* Katateochi, perhaps KerbalX could use this?

You're late Kasper... I already asked Katateochi to do this and he already did... :P

I have a reason for wondering if it is new heat radiator parts: RoverDude wanted to use heat management as a limiting mechanic and Kerbal skill bonus, for the new ISRU parts. The overheating in 1.0 was seen as impractical / unworkable by many players, and the mechanic was shelved. But perhaps not forgotten ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.