So, I found this...

RandomRyan

I read the KSwiki, it says you only have 1/40 chance to make this happen.

It doesn't work 1/40 for me. I played KSP for nearly 2 years, racking up over 1000 hours and nearly as many game starts, and never once saw it. Then suddenly one day the castle appeared. And it continued to appear every single time I started the game for about a week, like 20 or 30 times in a row. And it hasn't appeared since, with hundreds more game starts.

It doesn't work 1/40 for me. I played KSP for nearly 2 years, racking up over 1000 hours and nearly as many game starts, and never once saw it. Then suddenly one day the castle appeared. And it continued to appear every single time I started the game for about a week, like 20 or 30 times in a row. And it hasn't appeared since, with hundreds more game starts.

That's bizarre. I set it up specifically as a straight random chance, unless it was changed later.

I've seen this. There's also a scene where the Kerbals are standing around the crashed lander looking at it.

That one, with the Kerbals looking at the crashed lander, was added by the Toolbar mod, its not a stock scene

Weird... for me, it feels like 1/40... I stumble upon that scene roughly once every two to three weeks or so, and its been somewhat consistent

I've only seen the regolith castle once in hundreds of games.

I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of Kerbals on the mun having a party but I can't remember much about it and don't have a screenshot and can't find on on the googles. Maybe I was dreamed it, or was drunk. Or both.

I've heard of this, except I have never seen one. And I've been playing for 1 year and 1.5 months.

EDIT: I thought I would get lucky right now because of this post, except I'm on the orbiting Kerbin Screen.

Edited by RAINCRAFTER

But is it realy possible to make a sandcastle on the mun ?

Since nice footprints can form in regolith, I don't see why a small regolithcastle shouldn't be possible. This is why we need to send people back to the moon, to answer proper science questions like this.

EDIT: NASA disagrees with me:

"Lunar dust has some interesting qualities, but it’s clearly not play material for children or adults. Building a sandcastle on the moon would be dangerous and impossible. No liquid water puts a stop to sandcastle creations. On Earth, water sticks to the sand, and causes sand particles to stick to each other. On the moon, because there is no water, lunar dust cannot stick to itself. You could never build a sandcastle on the moon.

Source: http://education.jsc.nasa.gov/explorers/p10.html"

Edited by Deddly

I read the KSwiki, it says you only have 1/40 chance to make this happen.

(i must be really lucky:cool:)

If you've played less than 40 times, yeah, but if you've amassed hundreds of hours like me and so many others in this forum... ;)

But yeah, I enjoy seeing that sand castle every time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.