Hardest thing you have built (not including the vab and sph)

Yop !

My first big project ( & the only one ! ) From KSP 0.23.5 ( remember joint attachment ... )

- 10 launchers

- 10 Docking approch

- 1000+ Parts

Can't remember the time pass on it but close to a week !!!

+ Bad or fail launcher , KSP physic engine & horrible joint attachment .

I was happy when i finish it but was totally unplayable , erf :(

But that was a BIG challenge :)

My Old Stock Space Station :)

2014-02-22_00004.jpg?psid=1

How nostalgic !

Well I'm torn. On the one hand, the dockings in the Medusa line (currently in it's the fifth iteration, I think), were some big challenges:

6LCTuFz.jpg

gct3a14.png

Nk7mg7n.png

...But my bases, those required a kind of planning and navigating that was something to look at, too:

xK8cQEF.png

Yf4KzNo.png

DtkFlnC.png

wMmsAlu.png

L4n4Yqm.png

Everything old to new, and only a pic per build. And I finished all of them! Even tough I'm only showing mid-way pics mostly to illustrate what kind of "pain in the ass" some were to do.

Rune. I've been playing long. And enjoying every minute of it!

Edited by Rune

why is the ground so white?

The pole is a great place to test reentry systems against atmospheres, with a very flat surface at the end of it no matter how imprecise you are getting there. Go north instead of east, waste your upper stage if you have to to remain suborbital, and turn on the transfer stage before reentry pointing down for a bit extra speed if you want to test high speed reentry... and put some probes on and leave your kerbals at home if you have any conscience.

Rune. And it was a sunny day... :cough: ambient light adjustment :cough:

One of the first replica craft I ever did was the Corvette from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It did not go well.

I wanted to build this:

LpFJeEg.jpg

I built this:

lLJAqpi.png

and all it did was this:

c1UMMgQ.png

After maybe six different redesigns I wound up with this:

bssKR2R.png

which was basically functional, but still kinda sucked. I gave up after that last version. Of course, this was back in the days of the souposphere. Maybe I could get it to work in a newer version.

Well... Not much sooner, right now I'm waiting for the DTV to exit kerbin's SOI, which I'm not doing with timewarp, instead I'm using KAC.

cool! was the DTV assembled in orbit or are you just transfer testing it?

• 11 months later...
On 07/01/2015 at 11:58 PM, Majorjim said:

Give me a month and I will have something to post here! :D

On 07/02/2015 at 0:01 AM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Me too! With luck, mine will done sooner.

LOL we are only nearly a year late... Closing in on probably the single hardest thing to do in this game though @Mad Rocket Scientist!

KSS Intrepid:

...carries internally an SSTO floatplane, a 40-ton mining shuttle, two RCS-powered lander/orbiters, four scansats, two expendable atmospheric probes, a rover and a mini tugprobe. One launch for the ship, one each for the SSTO and miner, and three carries by cargo SSTO to load the probes, RCS landers and rover.

The KSS lag. 

Basically, four cruisers, plus a whole space station, plus 4 big docking adapters, and 2 slightly modified Aeris 3A's. THE LAG WAS SO BAD!!! The three cruisers alone were 600 parts. Never made it to Laythe. 

Another possiblity was Minmus 1.

It was a space station, but having multiple cruisers docked to a huge space station is really laggy. And the lag messed me up, so when I was docking an asteroid to it I accidentally smashed the station. 

Most of my super stations or mother ships that didn't fail horribly I abandoned because of all the lag. 

My ordinary space station is the hardest so far, but the Duna Interplanetary will soon win. Each part is big on its own, but the fuel segment is about the size of most launch vehicles. I had to design a new lifter just to carry it. Then I have to dock everything...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.