KSP or Minecraft?

cutlercollin99

KSP or Minecraft  

113 members have voted

1. 1. KSP or Minecraft

It's not that he doesn't have any time, it's that he doesn't have time to deal with Minecraft's bull. Also, there does not exist a single mod that comes close to the splendor that Explosives+ was.

Could you describe me in PM what was the thing with this mod? For me, it's just another "more explosives" mod with prettier explosions, but maybe I'm missing someting.

It's also fun to read through the pages of the mod thread (especially after he announces that he'll stop updating it) and see the amazing community in action.

And now look at the post count of the people that wrote the stupidest posts. I doubt that they stuck around for much more.

Also, the author said that at the time of writing this mod, he was not that good with coding, and was basically learning java. I will not say that it wasn't Mojang's fault (cause there's a 70% chance that it was), but it might be just that he was doing it not the most effective way.

Could you describe me in PM what was the thing with this mod? For me, it's just another "more explosives" mod with prettier explosions, but maybe I'm missing someting.

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time to show you something that you yourself can easily research.

Also, the author said that at the time of writing this mod, he was not that good with coding, and was basically learning java.

He never said this.

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time to show you something that you yourself can easily research.

Not really. Limited traffic, and speed measuring in kilobits. I'm at the countryhouse right now. But as you wish.

He never said this.
Thanks for the compliment, I doubt anyone else would want to try wading through my code though :PI wasn't the best coder when I wrote this, in-fact, I learned Java while I was writing it...the Lite version is a little more organized, but I still wasn't half the coder I am now.

12th page, third post from the top.

Anyway, I suggest we stop derailing this topic. From what I see, we just have different preferences when it comes to games and modding.

Mod support may be irrelevant when discussing the quality of a video game.

Modding support is a recent, delicate matter for video game developers. Game companies are pushed to deal with it by their customers' increasing tendency to give a personal touch to the games they are playing.

In a sense, it's a continuation of the sandbox idea, yet it's reaching questionable levels of appropriation and outspoken dissatisfaction, as if the openness of sandbox environments were never enough. It would probably be a breath of fresh air to stop acting like barons considering they are the legit owners of the land.

Anyway, mods are not part of a game. And I don't think developers should be concerned with making their software more easily hackable. I would suggest keeping the discussion to the lowest common denominator.

Same reasoning for the seemingly insatiable appetite for updates. On this forum, we can regularly read people asking simultaneously for a finished product and for constant new features. Talk about oxymorons.

What an apparent majority of players are doing with a game has little connection with the quality of the game itself. Blame these players if you want. They may be just a tip of the iceberg anyway. That's how I want to see the grumpiness which is prevalent on many video games forums.

As far as other matters are concerned, I find some comments in this thread offensively self-assured, especially regarding two games that have been recognized and praised by so many professionals from different fields of expertise; two games that both made it to an EDU program, and that are played by people from so many different generations, which I think is a high-quality sign for a cultural product.

New interesting games are coming, but there's no doubt Minecraft is a milestone in the history of video games.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

3rd option needed. Both games are great and I go back and forth. I'll get tired of one and go play the other for a while. I played KSP before Minecraft. KSP was an eye opening experience for me. I never would have thought a video game could become such an important part of my life. I spent probably 90% of my free time playing KSP when I first discovered it. All other hobbies went to the wayside. But, Minecraft now also holds a special place in my life. I didn't think I would like Minecraft because I don't really care for fantasy or crafting games with magic and stuff. But, Minecraft is so much more. Minecraft shares some of my favorite gameplay mechanics with KSP, like building, exploration, and experimentation. I just love finding ways to fool the creepers in Minecraft, much like how I also like finding the smallest and cheapest craft that will get the job done in KSP. I can honestly say I love both of them.

3rd option needed. Both games are great and I go back and forth. I'll get tired of one and go play the other for a while. I played KSP before Minecraft. KSP was an eye opening experience for me. I never would have thought a video game could become such an important part of my life. I spent probably 90% of my free time playing KSP when I first discovered it. All other hobbies went to the wayside. But, Minecraft now also holds a special place in my life. I didn't think I would like Minecraft because I don't really care for fantasy or crafting games with magic and stuff. But, Minecraft is so much more. Minecraft shares some of my favorite gameplay mechanics with KSP, like building, exploration, and experimentation. I just love finding ways to fool the creepers in Minecraft, much like how I also like finding the smallest and cheapest craft that will get the job done in KSP. I can honestly say I love both of them.

That was a pleasant read.

I used to play Minecraft a lot while it was still beta, but now I'm complete allergic to it. What it turned into... Lots of mods that completely ruin the feel of the game, community of 8-year-olds, lots of grinding and game trying to be both sandbox and RPG while it is neither. Oh, and there are nowhere nearly the amount of things you can do in ksp.

Well...

old minecraft was good, but now its just a lot of kids,pvp servers and silly youtubers arround

I'll just quote this here.

I'll just add to this post.

Edited by sashan

I've never played Minecraft and I've seen, heard and read more than enough to make sure I never will. KSP over Minecraft ANY day of the week.

What's keeping me away from Minecraft the most is the graphics. Some people think those blocky graphics is one of the selling points of Minecraft but it makes me want to puke. icon_vomit.gif.

I can accept graphics like that in a 1980's game like 3D Wolfenstein but not in a modern one.

Edited by Tex_NL

I've downloaded Minecraft again after about a year of not playing. I want to see what's changed.

There has only been one update since a year ago IIRC. And that update didn't really change much, you got a few more foods and the Rabbit of Caerbanog.

There has only been one update since a year ago IIRC. And that update didn't really change much, you got a few more foods and the Rabbit of Caerbanog.

It might have been more than a year. I stopped around version 1.5/1.6 IIRC, now it's on 1.8, so there's been 2-3 major updates. How major they are is probably debatable.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to love minecraft,

until I ran out of ideas.

Love the things people in multiplayer build, particularly in very large servers.

Then I moved to KSP because it has physics,

I can finally build planes that move :D

But still I would love to build a 747 with an pool on the upper deck in MC because I can't do it in KSP :sticktongue:

Edited by Jetenginestar

I used to love Minecraft but it just dulled out way too much especially the community. It was that compared to Roblox with so many rude "kids" as you can say who act older than what they really are... Therefore, I'd vote for KSP, even if it eventually does get multiplayer in the foreseeable future, this community is a lot more nicer than comments from Minecraft... KSP by far has way more creativity in regards to fun than Minecraft. Not to mention block games are overrated now-a-days :wink:

As a matter of fact, what version is on Minecraft, last time I remember was like 1.7 or something :P

SQUAD for the win!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.