"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

11 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

9x: `:`

4,5 letters?!

Artie!

Really fits there

Good call. I'll change my possible translation accordingly:

"Bill! You must listen! Don't have much time!"
"Holy SAS! Jeb?
"No, Bill! It's me: Artie! I came to warn you!"
Jeb! You're alive! How is this possible?!
"They're coming! You need to prepare!"

EDIT: I'm not convinced it's Artie. The font is wrong

Edited by Deddly

8 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

New chapter, folks!

Nice. That black suited figure silently watching at the end of the 3rd page was pretty creepy. Has Jeb become some sort of flying Dutchman trapped just beyond reality? I know, no answers. :)

I don't think that is Jebediah. As someone already pointed out, "Jebediah" or "Jeb" cannot fit in the space for the name.

Also, did anyone else notice it said "Bell receives a warning." at the end? Did I miss something?

Edited by Elowiny

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Maybe it's the merger between Jeb and the monolith... notice the color of the text? :)

Yeah, I was thinking it was Artie.  Given that his original monolith form went down with Kerbin, he had to make himself a new shape, and he had no doubt noticed what Kerbals looked like as they pass through him.

Well, yet another mystery.

Before I start processing this I would like to thank you for this work, while I'm new as a member, I have been following this story from the beginning and I'd have to say it's quite the ride.

Back to analysis:
Looks like yet another Kerbal is about to end up in the loony bin. As far as I can tell at least two are in some serious need of help: Fabien and Stelrine (although with her it could have been stress and severe sleep deprivation), now Bill looks like he's about to risk winding up as being written off if he goes on too much about what he saw/heard. Then again, it's not the first time one of them has had a cryptic warning by some being beyond their understanding and been absolutely right.

As to who it is, I'd probably say it was the monolith, or some projection of its consciousness, I could be wrong but it seems the most likely given his/it's actions. Also, based off @Alchemist's analysis it could be possible that the "i" in "Artie" could be represented by one : rather than the usual two due to its narrow footprint.

Just my 2c in the speculation (a fun aspect of these stories)

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

I always wonder.... does Parkaboy like every post with speculations that have elements of unforseen truth? ...... wowza

Anyway, Artie in Kerbal form seems plausible, however, are the monoliths really powerfull enough to become modders, because wouldn't they have to be that instead of their lowly persistomancer form?

*Determination.

13 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I always wonder.... does Parkaboy like every post with speculations that have elements of unforseen truth? ...... wowza

Anyway, Artie in Kerbal form seems plausible, however, are the monoliths really powerfull enough to become modders, because wouldn't they have to be that instead of their lowly persistomancer form?

*Determination.

In one sense, I like the speculation because often it allows me to tell a better story, for instance when people point out stuff I never really thought about. And it's fun when you guys are on the right direction but don't really have the whole picture. 

Alright, time for me to stop lurking and toss this out there.

In my opinion, the thing Artie/whatever is warning about is far more important. It's obvious some entity is coming, but what could be that entity?

You can probably see where I am going with this, but I have to say it's whatever Artie said caused the spacetime degradation in the Kerbin system back in chapter 12.

(I've been gone for a while so excuse me if the link doesn't work)

CcMaw4H.jpg

Edited by Sesni
grammar

2 minutes ago, Sesni said:

Alright, time for me to stop lurking and toss this out there.

In my opinion, the thing Artie/whatever he is is warning about is far more important. It's obvious some entity is coming, but what could be that entity?

You can probably see where I am going with this, but I have to say it's whatever Artie said caused the spacetime degradation in the Kerbin system back in chapter 12.

(I've been gone for a while so excuse me if the link doesn't work)

You know, that's a fair point... we'e been so preoccupied with the symptoms that  we haven't even considered the cause... #TinfoilHat

On 5/29/2016 at 0:25 PM, Angel-125 said:

Maybe it's the merger between Jeb and the monolith... notice the color of the text? :)

I agree, And i think thats why its breaking up! because the monolith is technically non existant anymore. Also, i have translated his last words to roughly "I have come to warn you, There Coming! Prepare!" Possible an previously unknown enemy thats out there.

Basically, Winter is coming

winter-is-coming-jpeg-492x0_q85_crop-sma

Also, Its not "Its me Jebidiah!" because its too short in comic.

What hes really saying "Its Me Artie!"

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Edited by Starslinger999

On 5/29/2016 at 1:33 PM, Deddly said:

Good call. I'll change my possible translation accordingly:

"Bill! You must listen! Don't have much time!"
"Holy SAS! Jeb?
"No, Bill! It's me: Artie! I came to warn you!"
Jeb! You're alive! How is this possible?!
"They're coming! You need to prepare!"

EDIT: I'm not convinced it's Artie. The font is wrong

Its because its a "combination" of Jeb and Artie!! They were both destroyed at the same time! 

The font is like Jeb, the Text color is like Artie!

Why is (almost) everybody ignoring the 'they're coming, you need to prepare' part?

Who or what is coming? What could be worse than what has already happened?

More spacetime degradations?

Aliens?

The things that @Sesni said?

Dun Dun DUN!

Edited by Willbl3pic

Well, Plan Kappa is a career save after all, and that means we must take that into account.

Kerbals have visited nearly every planet now.

Rescue contracts should now be appearing everywhere.

@Parkaboy Might still be taking rescue contracts.

In canon, that leads to the conclusion that the destruction of Kerbin wasn't the focal point of the degredation, but is merely a "bounce"

27825201.jpg

So basically, instead of Kerbin being the "Big Bang", it is the first collapsing point in a neverending series of temporal distortion, leading to a reinflation. But! It is more than likely that the "Bounces" are losing "momentum", and will eventually collapse into a temporal singularity from which there is no escape.

I must say, the fate of the Kappaverse looks grim...

On 02/06/2016 at 5:30 PM, Andem said:

I must say, the fate of the Kappaverse looks grim...

That was pretty much the only part of the post I can say for sure I understood...

Meanwhile, the good news is that a new chapter is ready, but the bad news is that internet connection at home is pretty much dead, so I can't post it right now. Just thought you'd share my frustration...

1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

Meanwhile, the good news is that a new chapter is ready, but the bad news is that internet connection at home is pretty much dead, so I can't post it right now. Just thought you'd share my frustration...

Don't these foolish internet providers understand just how important this is???   :mad:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

That was pretty much the only part of the post I can say for sure I understood...

I feel your pain, Comcast shuts off my internet for no reason at least once a month. :P