How far have you gone in Kerbal Space Program?

Columbia

I was the first user to put a flag on every body in the system although when the update with the flags was released I already had manned craft on the way to every body in the system to become a grandmaster.

This was within a month of joining the forum and before I knew that there wasn`t much else to do in the game.

Still haven`t returned from Eve.

Probes everywere but eeloo. Landings everywhere but Moho, Eeloo, Pol and Bop. Made a large landing ship with mining/refining capabilities. Made it easy exploring the Kerbol system. Landing on Eve was a one way ticket for a Kerbal in a big rover so he could roam around.

Eeloo takes som damn long time to get to my savegames get buggy before I arrive and I start a new game.

I've built two 50+ ton probes made almost entirely of droppable fuel tanks, one LV-N engine and a probe core with necessary paraphenalia (RTG's, batteries, antenna etc.) The goal: accelerate to maximal possible speed (using gravity assists whenever possible to squeeze some extra velocity) and leave Kerbol system without using Kraken fickle service :) Unfortunately soon after upgrades rolled, i started new saves and my probes never got past Jool.

But i've landed crewed missions on Eeloo :)

I've never really been a milestone kind of player, so I haven't landed on Eve, or done the JOOL-5, but I've visited the SOI of all the the planets and Moons.

The big turn-off for me was biome hopping, or science grinding. So I stopped doing landing on planets, and that re-invigorated my love of the game. One of my favorite play-thru was my "orbital mystery-goo" playthru, where I tried to see how much of the tech tree I could unlock using only science from -- you guessed it, mystery goo. No planetary landings. I made it to Jool, and all 5 moons and back.

I've visited every stock body in at least some sense. Dres and Vall I've yet to land on, Eve I've yet to return from.

I'm now playing with New Horizons, Kerbol Plus, Asclepius, and Boris planet packs and have barely scratched the surface of my vast and crowded system. My first Asclepius landing was the other day but I haven't tried driving the rover yet, and I have missions to the Jool and Titanus systems on the way. (Jool in New Horizons having a totally different set of moons to in stock.)

I've crashed into almost every body in the starsystem. I've landed on a few as well! I actually even had a space station orbiting Duna. It was build in orbit of Kerbin and then I flew it to Duna. I really don't recommend trying this as the thing wobbled the ENTIRE way there.

When I first started playing, I didn't know to look up deltaV maps and the sort. I managed to get a manned pod out to Jool in a highly elliptical orbit, but ran out of fuel to do anything else. Pretty soon Tylo flung my Kerbal on a high velocity trajectory out of the solar system. I kept playing with other missions, and that kerbal just went farther and farther and farther away. So I guess that's as far as I have gone in KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.