[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Started a Mun mission tonight in 1.2 to test the full capabilities of the Sarnus... would you believe Ive never actually landed on the Mun in KSP... Ive always liked flying shuttles and building space stations more... will have pics... tomorrow... maybe, when I finish the mission.

7 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Hey, Cobalt, the collider for the S-II interstage is still bigger than the visual model. Is this intended?

Yes. It's a product of trying to get the convex colliders to not clip the engines. Since the colliders are low poly, they are moved out so they don't clip. (Think of a perfect circle, then a hexagon circumscribed around it).

@Abrecan nice attempt! Sorry for all the extra mesh crap on the lander. When did you last update BDB? I don't think the Apollo has had those style RCS ports on the capsule since before the beta lock.

3 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Also since @Tristonwilson12 was awesome yesterday and helped me understand Blender a lot better, are there any rockets that we haven't started on yet? I'd like to make something.

I am working on a Minotaur capsule from ETS, any chance you could make the SM? 2.5 m diameter.

EDIT: can anyone point me to good tutorials for texturing, adding shaders, ect?

Edited by minepagan
Plea for help

7 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

That's so weird. Why?

They discovered as launches went on that ullage wasnt needed to settle the LH2 in the S-II tank.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes. It's a product of trying to get the convex colliders to not clip the engines. Since the colliders are low poly, they are moved out so they don't clip. (Think of a perfect circle, then a hexagon circumscribed around it).

Oh I know how the colliders work, just didnt know if that was intentional. Good to know that it is.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

I am working on a Minotaur capsule from ETS, any chance you could make the SM? 2.5 m diameter.

Sure, I can probably help. I'll look at some pictures soon.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

I would think the Minotaur SM would be 1.5m or 1.875m. The decoupler between the SM and CM and looks interesting. If you play your cards right with it you might be to make it so they interface correctly with the Apollo CM/heatshield as well.

fetch.php?w=750&tok=5e5e55&media=timelin

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I would think the Minotaur SM would be 1.5m or 1.875m. The decoupler between the SM and CM and looks interesting. If you play your cards right with it you might be to make it so they interface correctly with the Apollo CM/heatshield as well.

What I meant was the capsule base was 2.5m, the SM looks more like 1.5 or 1.25m. Also reusing apollo stuff sounds like a good idea.

Edited by minepagan

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Come to think of it, that might be a good application for the 1.5 m Gemini SM that I've never managed to make anything decent out of :( 

*makes a note to make something decent out of it soon*

What engine though, maybe one of the LEM?... No... The Hunter...! :D 

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'll get working on the SM soon.

Kind of funnily, I made an SM very similar to that for Gemini using @passinglurker's MoarMk1, so I have a rough idea of what I need to do.

EDIT: @minepagan

nuWV2pf.png

1.5m diameter at the top. Left and right sides of it are flat, and I'll make the 1.5m to 2.5m adapter next.

Edited by legoclone09

3 hours ago, komodo said:

Come to think of it, that might be a good application for the 1.5 m Gemini SM that I've never managed to make anything decent out of :( 

*makes a note to make something decent out of it soon*

What engine though, maybe one of the LEM?... No... The Hunter...! :D 

I think that tank is meant for making the Blue Gemini.

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I'll get working on the SM soon.

Kind of funnily, I made an SM very similar to that for Gemini using @passinglurker's MoarMk1, so I have a rough idea of what I need to do.

EDIT: @minepagan

nuWV2pf.png

1.5m diameter at the top. Left and right sides of it are flat, and I'll make the 1.5m to 2.5m adapter next.

I will be able to do the CM starting sometime tomorrow. Looking good!

Edited by minepagan

Just now, minepagan said:

I will be able to do the CM starting sometime tomorrow.

Alright.

Also got a bit more done. Done for now, though. When Triston is available again I'll try to UV unwrap it.
unknown.png

Edited by legoclone09