[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

They wouldn't be useful for in game, and they're not the highest level of detail. But useful for understanding what shape they were going for was.

Yeah, it would have been nice having that to base it off of, I only used the image you posted earlier.

Just now, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf, if you're going for size adapters, 1.25m-1.875m and 1.875m-2.5m are sorely needed.

There is a 1.25>1.875m adapter for Atlas, and several other options if you're doubling up the adapters (1.875m > 1.5m, 1.5m > 1.25m). I agree 1.875m > 2.5m is needed.

19 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I wish I knew that.

@VenomousRequiem Looks great! Way better than mine.

Hey, that's why we practice. Thanks to Cobalt's wonderful teaching, I've been able to get decent at it. It's taken me a year now to get where I am, mind you, and I'm really not the best. :)

14 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah, it would have been nice having that to base it off of, I only used the image you posted earlier.

What did you do with it? I flipped it on it's side and used it as a direct orthographic and modeled off of it, which lead to the satisfying realization that assuming the capsule is 2.5m the SM is perfect at 1.5.

d198aa0887.png

Edited by VenomousRequiem

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

There is a 1.25>1.875m adapter for Atlas, and several other options if you're doubling up the adapters (1.875m > 1.5m, 1.5m > 1.25m). I agree 1.875m > 2.5m is needed.

Oh. 

Anywho, if you want a quick and dirty job for fairings, just rescale a stock fairing base, or the Sarnus 1 fairing base if you so desire.

Edited by awsumindyman

12 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hey, that's why we practice. Thanks to Cobalt's wonderful teaching, I've been able to get decent at it. It's taken me a year now to get where I am, mind you, and I'm really not the best. :)

What did you do with it? I flipped it on it's side and used it as a direct orthographic and modeled off of it, which lead to the satisfying realization that assuming the capsule is 2.5m the SM is perfect at 1.5.

I just had this picture open in Chrome and alt-tabbed to it when I needed to see more.

fetch.php?cache=&media=timelines:minotau

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No but it would be nice to offset it down a bit. I'd have to open the F1 in Unity to do that though.

It's been a while since I did an engine but I think that's something you can .cfg.

Edit: ok yeah, so the module MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE can have a parameter for this: localOffset = 0,0,0, set to something else and you can move the FX.  Never got it to work for smoke for some reason though...

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You can already build the Atlas V 4xx configuration, albiet with a too-short centaur. Apart from that, I could finish Atlas V with basically 3 parts (the 5xx fairing base / interstage combo, a longer Centaur tank, and the AJ60s).

Well, didn't you kill Centaur? In which case this would be a good thing to do with it upon its revamp. Until then, however, do take a break since you just finished Sarnus.

I can check the LEM animation when I get home from work... Which will be sometime today, hopefully... :( 

as far as fairings go, a... Little birdy... Told me that proc fairings (the mod) will still/soon/can work in 1.2. So we'll have that option available to us "soon". I've done some work with them, and our resident cfg-meister has done some real magic with them in the past. 

@CobaltWolf, I'm in the process of making a craft repository on kerbalx.com with various launchers and payloads, the repo can be found RIGHT HERE

Anyone who wants craft added, just upload them and PM me.

Edit: AAAnnndddd just found out that I forgot to Email myself the Minotaur capsule files, so they are still on a computer at my school....oh well, I wasn't that far along anyway xD

Edited by minepagan
well s***

1 minute ago, DJ Reonic said:

Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but i can't seem to get the SLA payload petals to close. They're locked open in the VAB.

Are you on 1.2? On top of that, I've heard about issues with the plugin, where you can't cycle it open/closed before it finishes the animation without causing errors.

56 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but i can't seem to get the SLA payload petals to close. They're locked open in the VAB.

54 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Are you on 1.2? On top of that, I've heard about issues with the plugin, where you can't cycle it open/closed before it finishes the animation without causing errors.

I think I've got that fixed.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

@CobaltWolf, I'm in the process of making a craft repository on kerbalx.com with various launchers and payloads, the repo can be found RIGHT HERE

Anyone who wants craft added, just upload them and PM me.

We're breaking saves and craft files on a regular basis still. This is kind of pointless right now.

2 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Looks like 1.2 will be another week (Check Daily Kerbal)

Hurray! :P I have a bunch of small stuff that still needs to get done for this update, but don't have time to do it for a couple days. I wasn't looking forward to breaking the news to y'all. :P

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Jso says that everything works.

That's what I was trying to say too without giving away that working plugins exist :P

That artwork is mouthwatering, damn!..