[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

-Redid all the antennas
-Added several new antennas

@CobaltWolf I happen to have some time on my hands today/tomorrow so will go back over all the antennas and update the AR patch and add the new antennas in.  I'm going to split the patch into two pieces this time to keep it from getting so large/complicated so there will be one for stock installs and one for OPM.  

Edited by rasta013

1 minute ago, rasta013 said:

@CobaltWolf I happen to have some time on my hands today/tomorrow so will go back over all the antennas and update the AR patch and add the new antennas in.  I'm going to split the patch into two pieces this time to keep it from getting so large/complicated so there will be one for stock installs and one for OPM.  

Uh, alright. I already have a version with it split that you updated for all the new stuff already..? I remember you saying something about working off the latest dev build after making the first patch using 0.10. The antennas haven't changed for probably a month now, so if you did the patch on a dev build in the last week or two you're fine.

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uh, alright. I already have a version with it split that you updated for all the new stuff already..? I remember you saying something about working off the latest dev build after making the first patch using 0.10. The antennas haven't changed for probably a month now, so if you did the patch on a dev build in the last week or two you're fine.

OH excrements yeah!  I already split it.  LMAO...I'm sure you know what it's like keeping up with yourself sometimes. :D  And cool, I'll just double check to make sure that it is up to speed.  The last ones I updated were from about a week ago and were definitely done against the dev build as it's the only one I run to be able to test.

EDIT: Ok I know I'll be uploading a change for sure.  In reviewing I found that I missed one antenna and had a couple typos that killed the KD2 config.  I do have a question though - the antenna I'm missing is the bluedog_mariner4Dish but I see how I missed it.  The description and title for the mariner4Dish is exactly the same as the mariner2Antenna.  Both of them are titled as the A27-C Antenna and even have the exact same comment after them re: August 27th launch date and 'C' standing for coiled.  I assume the name is not supposed to be the same so thought I'd mention it since that's what caused me to miss it.

Edited by rasta013
More info...

hey i just want too say, i dont think wildblueindustries mod categorizer is needed any more, it says in a readme somewhere that its no longer used, obolete, and instead incorporated into wild blue tools or something. i think its been causing me problems with custom part categorys not showing up in VAB.

33 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

EDIT: Ok I know I'll be uploading a change for sure.  In reviewing I found that I missed one antenna and had a couple typos that killed the KD2 config.  I do have a question though - the antenna I'm missing is the bluedog_mariner4Dish but I see how I missed it.  The description and title for the mariner4Dish is exactly the same as the mariner2Antenna.  Both of them are titled as the A27-C Antenna and even have the exact same comment after them re: August 27th launch date and 'C' standing for coiled.  I assume the name is not supposed to be the same so thought I'd mention it since that's what caused me to miss it.

Well I made that at something like 11 o'clock last night and it's not in the release. :P That's why you missed it haha.

3 minutes ago, 123nick said:

hey i just want too say, i dont think wildblueindustries mod categorizer is needed any more, it says in a readme somewhere that its no longer used, obolete, and instead incorporated into wild blue tools or something. i think its been causing me problems with custom part categorys not showing up in VAB.

Oh darn I meant to remove that until I talked to @Angel-125 and figured out what we were going to do about it. He just forked it but it causes issues if WildBlueTools are also installed. I can already tell I'm going to get a ton of bug reports from it - I don't think the version actually works right now but I think it also breaks anything that uses WBT. emoji_set_107.png

55 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well I made that at something like 11 o'clock last night and it's not in the release. :P That's why you missed it haha.

LOL ok...the KD2 fix only then.  You just keep making my life easier! :wink:

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't have a name for Apollo!

We already have Hermes, so how about Helios? 

Keeps the Greek theme going, keeps the sun theme going. It's perfect!

New OP looks fantastic BTW.

Edit: 3.125m? Funky. Still a multiple of .625 though, so I guess it fits...

Super Edit: Looks like I'm not the first one to the Helios punch. So uh, seconded? @VenomousRequiem I like Leto too.

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

10 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

We already have Hermes, so how about Helios? 

Keeps the Greek theme going, keeps the sun theme going. It's perfect!

New OP looks fantastic BTW.

Super Edit: Looks like I'm not the first one to the Helios punch. So uh, seconded? @VenomousRequiem I like Leto too.

Yeah Leto and Helios are already used. 

1 hour ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

You fools... I have not even begun to add new sizes + parts to flesh them out...

Yzma-laughing.gif

EDIT: So I uploaded a ton of images from last night... and apparently Imgur ordered them in reverse! I am not going back and reorganizing them so.... just go to the page and start from the bottom or something haha

EDIT2: Also, here's a blast from the past: Press page for the Atlas V. I couldn't find a date but it's definitely before the first flight. Even has references to the Agena 2 stage that never was made.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Attempting to pick up either of the Sarnus fins afer attaching them results in great deals of NRE spam in the log, and the in ability to actually pick them up.

Also, as an aside what engines are best used with the Sarnus parts (for now)?

4 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Attempting to pick up either of the Sarnus fins afer attaching them results in great deals of NRE spam in the log, and the in ability to actually pick them up.

Also, as an aside what engines are best used with the Sarnus parts (for now)?

I know, I have tried rebuilding them from scratch and it didn't help. I'm going to sleep on it a few days and try again.

Right now? Use the Muo booster engines for stage 1, 6x Inon engines for the upper stage.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

You fools... I have not even begun to add new sizes + parts to flesh them out...

Yzma-laughing.gif

5027535+_16579c8024a621f8ffbe2347c9593f9

You're insane, BDB has pushed you over the limit...

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't have a name for Apollo!

Kāne, who is the Hawai'ian creator god associated with the sun and the sky. Also, any complimenatary vehicle could be the Kanaloa, who was the companion (similar to Odin-Tyr).

7 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What is that?

That is the centaur derived high energy kick stage for NASA payloads post 1970. There were several options evaluated, but this one used a single RL-10 engine fed by a hydrogen tank made out of a standard centaur LOX tank. The tanks around the bottom of the structure are the LOX and GHe pressurant tanks for the stage. stacking it atop an Atlas-Centaur resulted in an increase of about half a ton of delivered payload on a lunar mission. Here is the NTRS link describing the stage, and the storable-fuel competitor that was also evaluated. Further development would have been switching to LF2 instead of LOX while retaining the RL-10, and replacing the RL-10 with a new design LH2-LF2 engine. The kick stage would also be able to be used atop an Atlas without a centaur for ligher payloads.