[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, Jso said:

@Beale or @CobaltWolf is it possible the collider or whatever can be adjusted so I can click on my luggage stuffed in the back of the service module?

Instead of deorbiting directly from 250 km (where my Agena is) to a 30 km periapsis, I tried deorbiting from 100 km with a 40 km periapsis and the main chute did not rip the craft apart.

surY9jE.png

Just use the offset tool and but the Goo on a action group :wink:

2 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Is there an RO config for 0.10?  The link on the front page links to...the front page.  Thanks! 

Nope! The person who worked on those (I'm sorry, I can't remember your name for the life of me) hasn't been around in a while, so RO configs only go up like version 0.6, if you can even find the download. 

I can pretty confidently say, RO doesn't not support BDB, and vice versa. I'm sorry. :P

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Nope! The person who worked on those (I'm sorry, I can't remember your name for the life of me) hasn't been around in a while, so RO configs only go up like version 0.6, if you can even find the download. 

I can pretty confidently say, RO doesn't not support BDB, and vice versa. I'm sorry. :P

Thanks!  I keep toying with the idea of running RO install along with my maxed out difficulty/realism non-RO install.  Can't quite seem to jump into it though. 

5 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Thanks!  I keep toying with the idea of running RO install along with my maxed out difficulty/realism non-RO install.  Can't quite seem to jump into it though. 

It's super nice, but I encourage you to hop on over to the RO thread to be convinced completely. :wink:

9 hours ago, Jso said:

@Beale or @CobaltWolf is it possible the collider or whatever can be adjusted so I can click on my luggage stuffed in the back of the service module?

Hmm, I thought @Beale had fixed that? He might have forgotten, he had a lot on his plate when I asked and was looking to move on to other projects.

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Just use the offset tool and but the Goo on a action group :wink:

Shouldn't have to use action groups, but you're right - you can't select them if they're clipped inside the collider.

1 hour ago, jdub3350 said:

Is there an RO config for 0.10?  The link on the front page links to...the front page.  Thanks! 

Yeah, no we don't support RO. It's definitely a dream of mine to some day have someone maintain compatibility for it. I think some of the realistic parts I've made are fairly exclusive to BDB and I'd love to see them available there.

18 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

have you considered adding Corona spy satellite inspired parts to this mod, it would be a great addition to the Agena parts

@DMagic made some Corona/Dorian spy satellite parts. I'm considering having a MM config that rescales them to be Agena and MOL sized, respectively.

@NotAgain yeah sure as long as they're not obvious or the main feature of the craft.

EDIT: Also, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the first Little Joe II launch, I've decided that LJ2 will be the only piece of Apollo hardware I'm including in the mod. /s

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, no we don't support RO. It's definitely a dream of mine to some day have someone maintain compatibility for it. I think some of the realistic parts I've made are fairly exclusive to BDB and I'd love to see them available there.

Seeing as how its the most complete pack of early to current real life LVs that I'm aware of, I would think it'd fit in RO quite well. 

Just now, jdub3350 said:

Seeing as how its the most complete pack of early to current real life LVs that I'm aware of, I would think it'd fit in RO quite well. 

@raidernick's US rockets pack has been coming close, and that's made pretty much specifically for RO. He doesn't have Vanguard but that's in SXT. Apart from that it's more things like the Juno IV upper stages and obscure stuff like that.

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@DMagic made some Corona satellite parts. I'm considering having a MM config that rescales them to be Agena and MOL sized, respectively.

that would be great, but what i really want is a film canister that can re-enter the atmosphere, like this

Just now, zakkpaz said:

that would be great, but what i really want is a film canister that can re-enter the atmosphere, like this

Ah. I can easily make a part like that - there was one in the Mercury mod that I adapted into BDB - but it won't actually function as a science return capsule. There's no way to transfer science to a storage device on a probe.

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ah. I can easily make a part like that - there was one in the Mercury mod that I adapted into BDB - but it won't actually function as a science return capsule. There's no way to transfer science to a storage device on a probe.

why not have it be the experiment and model a dummy camera onto the fairing?

Edited by zakkpaz

59 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hmm, I thought @Beale had fixed that? He might have forgotten, he had a lot on his plate when I asked and was looking to move on to other projects.

Shouldn't have to use action groups, but you're right - you can't select them if they're clipped inside the collider.

@DMagic made some Corona/Dorian spy satellite parts. I'm considering having a MM config that rescales them to be Agena and MOL sized, respectively.

@NotAgain yeah sure as long as they're not obvious or the main feature of the craft.

EDIT: Also, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the first Little Joe II launch, I've decided that LJ2 will be the only piece of Apollo hardware I'm including in the mod. /s

You mean for now? Long term though? There will be more Apollo parts?

1 hour ago, zakkpaz said:

why not have it be the experiment and model a dummy camera onto the fairing?

Actually, if I use DMagic's plugin, I can make it so that it requires a camera onboard to trigger the experiment... idunno but it sounds cool. I'll look into it some time in the future. Not soon. :P

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

You mean for now? Long term though? There will be more Apollo parts?

1458855449-maybe.jpg

I've packaged one last pre-release for this update! It is available on GitHub, please give it a test! I want to release at the beginning of next week!

On 5/12/2016 at 7:16 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Lol everyone keep posting pictures I need more for the preview album. @OTmikhail showed me some cool crafts last night based on the Explorer 1 probe core - I never thought that'd see much use!

Oops forgot to share those pics, here is my Explorer 1 type craft with BDB parts (and a tiny tweakscaled mechjeb, and of course the stock antenna)

Also just my 2 cents on the Karrot: I'm fine with it being deleted as we have a better Gemini Capsule now, that being said IF Karrot get's it's own IVA then I'd say keep it, and it can be some sort of European analog or something. Otherwise ditch it. If enough people really want it, maybe give it to a modder friend to keep it updated.....?

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Still not gotten around to that sadly. But, I hope soon.

I am switching job at the moment, among other things, so the list of things of hobby things to do:
yuCtoYn.gif