[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

[image snip]

Syncom for scale

That was fast. Dang

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Thank you! I honestly didn't base myself off of the Delta IV or Heavy (despite the glaring similarity). Fairly certain I underscaled the first stage and gave it a normal sized ICPS as a second stage. 

So... you basically made a 2.5m Delta Heavy... but with regular sized ICPS.... So... Delta III Heavy? Cursed.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, kspbutitscursed said:

@CobaltWolf any updates on Viking landers? just curious?

No, sadly. Trying to get updates on it myself. In the meantime, I have made some progress on Mariner 8/9 which I also wanted to go along with this stuff.

On 8/18/2023 at 9:36 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have no excuse other than wanting to see this part.

Oh, using the Voyager Mars PM as a roll your own Mun lander is actually very cool

3 hours ago, Stolas said:

Damn, I have a strange feeling that I've seen this rocket somewhere

Delta IV with SRMUs is incredibly based and I can't believe it's not more of a thing.

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No, sadly. Trying to get updates on it myself. In the meantime, I have made some progress on Mariner 8/9 which I also wanted to go along with this stuff.

Oh, using the Voyager Mars PM as a roll your own Mun lander is actually very cool

Delta IV with SRMUs is incredibly based and I can't believe it's not more of a thing.

it seems to me that it looks like a mixture of Proton and Ariane-6

On 8/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

Hey, no problem on that. I was only pointing it out for general information purposes. The ceramic material surprised me. I am sure the process of modeling it in KSP is quite complex. 

Oh, didn't mean for my response to come off in any sort of way. I was more chiming in - mostly for people who might not have known about the bridle trough and all that - that I'd looked at including it but wound up not. :)

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

keep up the good work an very excited for viking in the 1.14 update probably IMO

still keep up the excellent work 

9 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

narrator: it was not the last set of parts for BDB

Insert cool documentary music 

KSP 1 is looking good with some mods (IMHO better than KSP2) and much better performance, I mean, even Matt Lowne has that huge fps drop while recording a launch with it, and here I am with 8 GB RAM running smoothly +45/60 fps with the BDB/JNSQ combo.

Sadly it seems like KSP2 is currently way too buggy from what I've seen and now that I know that we the hungry BDB user base are getting a set of Viking parts, Mariner 8/9, and Voyager parts incoming oh boy!!! I'm impatiently waiting for all of that!

10 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

Insert cool documentary music 

KSP 1 is looking good with some mods (IMHO better than KSP2) and much better performance, I mean, even Matt Lowne has that huge fps drop while recording a launch with it, and here I am with 8 GB RAM running smoothly +45/60 fps with the BDB/JNSQ combo.

Sadly it seems like KSP2 is currently way too buggy from what I've seen and now that I know that we the hungry BDB user base are getting a set of Viking parts, Mariner 8/9, and Voyager parts incoming oh boy!!! I'm impatiently waiting for all of that!

did smebody mention me lol yes i have a 1050 and 8gigs of ram

On 8/14/2023 at 11:52 PM, Gupyzer0 said:

I had to make an account to thank all of the devs involved in BDB. My KSP experience is just better with this mod. Being able to make a Thor-able -no pun intended- was the reason why I chose BDB and then found out it had so many parts and all those "what-ifs" ... Blew my mind :confused: The BDB - JNSQ combo is just great.

It's so nice to see that it's still being actively developed, thank you for your time and effort.

also forgot to say this welcome to the forums.

yeah this is a very good mod 

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

What in God's name... we're reaching levels of Kerbal never before seen!

Thank you. Putting this huge powder tank into orbit was a really difficult task. The first launch of Betelgeuse-Volcano was an exact replica of the first starship flight. It took me about 12 launches to find and fix problems. Most of the problems were due to the shift in the center of mass, but with the help of additional fuel tanks installed opposite the shuttle, I managed to get rid of the problems of shifting the center of mass. There was also a problem that the main tank ran out of fuel faster than the boosters. But when I solved all the problems, I was able to share these breathtaking screenshots with you

Question about the PEBKAC LES system since I couldn't find an answer in this thread: what's the difference between the regular Abort! mode and Abort Mode 1A in action groups? Presumably Abort Mode 1B is the same as the real Apollo Abort Mode 1B where the LES tower doesn't fire its pitch motor since the stack is high enough.