[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

58 minutes ago, Araym said:

Meeeee toooooooo about a Saturn I-C

zLMcmB2.jpg

Teasing us is bad... so (waiting for a stable KSP 1.2) I did just a cross-breeding of some BD Apollo parts, my "placeholders" from "RealScaleBoosters" (edited by me to work in a stock enviroment), a bit of Tantares and some cfg editing, ispired too by "Eyes Turned Skyward":

Hide contents

F7jpVpS.jpg

... Saturn I-C in flight...

1XlUMZN.jpg

... Separation of Apollo CSM block IV...

nSBitqU.jpg

8l6GGOI.jpg

... the full stack of a possible Apollo Block III or IV in low Kerbin Orbit
(For those curious about it: aside the "orbital module" taken from Tantares "Fuji", the SM for the Apollo is just the "block 2" made by Cobalt, edited to have half the lenght, like it could be a "block III" or "block IV" from "Eyes Turned Skyward" :P )

How'd you get the IVA?!

15 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

How'd you get the IVA?!

... as soon in 1.1.3 was possible to visualize the IVA from outside any craft, I scavenged any possible mod I saved from the past, to have some sort of cabin in any crewed parts.

For the Kane-Apollo CM, from an old mod left opensource by the autor. Istruction to how implement it here in an old post of mine:

... for the Tantares "Polaris/Fuji orbital module", it's an old IVA made by Beale too (Tantares author) for a manned ATV that he removed in latest releases (I have it saved in my pc, basically as ANY mod I liked and downloaded from KSP 0.14/0.15, but I don't know if there is an on-line version still available).

Edited by Araym

12 hours ago, Codraroll said:

May I ask a quick question?

I'd like to see the Launcher Gallery, as mentioned in the OP, before I make the decision to download this (for fun and inspiration, of course). But the link seems dead. However, the Spacedock link has a full Imgur gallery in it, so I'll simply ask: Is this the album the OP intends to link to?

If it is, changing the redirect link to http://imgur.com/a/ouqW5 should be easy peasy and user friendly. If not, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Either way, the stuff in the album I linked looks really good, so great work CobaltWolf and, I presume, Jso and, I presume again, possibly other folks!

... aside from some images in game, you can look at the "Bluedog Design Bureau Manual" linked on the first post, to have an idea of all the craft possible to be built (aside the Saturn/Sarnus and Apollo/Kane, still in development).
There are so many parts, actually, that is almost impossible to show ALL the possibilities, variations or crossbreeding from real life to totally finctional rockets (basically, by the time, Cobalt, JSO and Venomous have developed more parts than Squad itself :D:cool::D):

• Vanguard
  • Redstone and variations
  • Jupiter/Juno
  • early USA probes and related equipments
  • Atlas (from early variations to the Atlas V)
  • Thor, Thor-Able, Deltas up to Delta II
  • Titan (from Titan I to Titan IV with solid boosters) with Transtage
  • Diamant
  • Agena upper stages
  • Centaur upper stages
  • Mercury
  • Gemini and Gemini-M.O.L.
  • now Apollo, LM, Saturn I/Saturn I-B and (still in development) Saturn V

... basically, you can mention any USA/NASA rocket (and the baguette... ehm... french one as the Diamant) up to the Saturn period, and you find here what you could search :P

Edited by Araym

6 hours ago, Araym said:

zLMcmB2.jpg

Teasing us is bad... so (waiting for a stable KSP 1.2) I did just a cross-breeding in 1.1.3 of some BD Apollo parts, my "placeholders" from "RealScaleBoosters" (edited by me to work in a stock enviroment), a bit of Tantares and some cfg editing, ispired too by "Eyes Turned Skyward":

Reveal hidden contents

F7jpVpS.jpg

... Saturn I-C in flight...

1XlUMZN.jpg

... Separation of Apollo CSM block IV...

nSBitqU.jpg

8l6GGOI.jpg

... the full stack of a possible Apollo Block III or IV in low Kerbin Orbit
(For those curious about it: aside the "orbital module" taken from Tantares "Fuji", the SM for the Apollo is just the "block 2" made by Cobalt, edited to have half the lenght, like it could be a "block III" or "block IV" from "Eyes Turned Skyward" :P )

Craft file. NOW. please.

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Craft file. NOW. please.

Oh God...
... it's so difficoult to share it, as it involves so many mods, editing, personal MM patches and single parts that the only solution to share it will be pack my whole "Gamedata" folder and, then, maybe, the craft itself. (Sometime I do a MM patch, but sometime I directly rewrite cfg on stock and modded parts, if easier to me to achieve the needed function, to "balance" - to my liking- them in the whole: I'm not really playing KSP, but a "different game" that only uses KSP as game engine. You could call it "ASP": Araym's Space Program :confused:... or - as I did in my frozen "comic", "Araym's Kerbal Administration of Space Adventures")

By memory, just for that craft, it is involved (aside probably personal MM cfg and/or single edited parts):

• Tweakscale
  • Tantares
  • a "stock version" (made by me) of some parts from RSS mod "RealScaleBoosters"
  • BDB (some hardcoded, edited parts too here)
  • random bits taken for the whole 7GB (GigaBytes!!!!) of my Gamedata folder

Also, I dunno if I could "release" any of them in public form, as in "private" I could mess with them freely, but "licences" and "legal stuffs" could bring (with ALL the reasons of this world) Moderators to lock them...

EDIT: ... and by the way, ALL my efforts are now basically locked by the near end of KSP 1.1.3, where all the parts are related, waiting a stable 1.2 release to "rewrite" all my Gamedata folder to be compatible to the next 1.2 KSP release (hopefully when plugins will be updated)

Edited by Araym

50 minutes ago, Araym said:

Oh God...
... it's so difficoult to share it, as it involves so many mods, editing, personal MM patches and single parts that the only solution to share it will be pack my whole "Gamedata" folder and, then, maybe, the craft itself. (Sometime I do a MM patch, but sometime I directly rewrite cfg on stock and modded parts, if easier to me to achieve the needed function, to "balance" - to my liking- them in the whole: I'm not really playing KSP, but a "different game" that only uses KSP as game engine. You could call it "ASP": Araym's Space Program :confused:... or - as I did in my frozen "comic", "Araym's Kerbal Administration of Space Adventures")

By memory, just for that craft, it is involved (aside probably personal MM cfg and/or single edited parts):

• Tweakscale
  • Tantares
  • a "stock version" (made by me) of some parts from RSS mod "RealScaleBoosters"
  • BDB (some hardcoded, edited parts too here)
  • random bits taken for the whole 7GB (GigaBytes!!!!) of my Gamedata folder

Also, I dunno if I could "release" any of them in public form, as in "private" I could mess with them freely, but "licences" and "legal stuffs" could bring (with ALL the reasons of this world) Moderators to lock them...

EDIT: ... and by the way, ALL my efforts are now basically locked by the near end of KSP 1.1.3, where all the parts are related, waiting a stable 1.2 release to "rewrite" all my Gamedata folder to be compatible to the next 1.2 KSP release (hopefully when plugins will be updated)

Wow. that is a lot of things. plus I'm on 1.2... yeah, I'll make my own version.

9 hours ago, Araym said:

Teasing us is bad... so (waiting for a stable KSP 1.2) I did just a cross-breeding in 1.1.3 of some BD Apollo parts, my "placeholders" from "RealScaleBoosters" (edited by me to work in a stock enviroment), a bit of Tantares and some cfg editing, ispired too by "Eyes Turned Skyward":

Nice work on the I-C! I made a couple versions a while back using the BDB CSM and SSTU components.

OrGT2Ij.png

I went on from there to make a Saturn V for the BDB CSM/LEM stack to tide me over.

xoJbNwR.png

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Araym that is awesome but I have to nit pick! :) The Saturn 1C couldn't launch a Blok IV Apollo - the Mission Module size increase was possible due to the increased payload of the Saturn Multibody M02.

Oh... well... I'm not very well informed to "ETS" rocket's capability (rather than real life one: I'm still informing myself on that topic): I just added a random "orbital module" to it, just to show.... :blush:
Also, I had to tweak and fight a lot with flight profile, as the S-IV-B in my tweaks is REALLY underperforming:
on staging/activation, rougly at 18-19km altitude, it had only a TWR at 0.7 with the above payload, and I had TWR >1 only so late in the flight that I had a near "abort to lack of thrust", going back from 60-62 Ap to 52km altitude, before gaining again altitude and barelly reach an unstable 63x120km orbit, just making the extraction of the orbital module during the upward leg before the 120km apoapsis (circulization was then done by the CSM). :confused:

I was ispired by this:

http://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/transposition-jpg.202926/

as a Block III+, but then I ended realizing more something like a Block IV :D

So... YES: I should have launch the above stack using the Saturn Multibody M02 (I have it too, from "Real Scale Boosters")...

Edited by Araym

9 hours ago, Araym said:

... as soon in 1.1.3 was possible to visualize the IVA from outside any craft, I scavenged any possible mod I saved from the past, to have some sort of cabin in any crewed parts.

For the Kane-Apollo CM, from an old mod left opensource by the autor. Istruction to how implement it here in an old post of mine:

... for the Tantares "Polaris/Fuji orbital module", it's an old IVA made by Beale too (Tantares author) for a manned ATV that he removed in latest releases (I have it saved in my pc, basically as ANY mod I liked and downloaded from KSP 0.14/0.15, but I don't know if there is an on-line version still available).

Do you think you can add that IVA to Kane?

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Do you think you can add that IVA to Kane?

Look at the above post of mine (or the Imgur link down here, that showing my Saturn I-C) and you can see THAT IVA already used by me :cool:
Adapted with the indication I posted some month ago, it fits enough decently.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Araym that is awesome but I have to nit pick! :) The Saturn 1C couldn't launch a Blok IV Apollo - the Mission Module size increase was possible due to the increased payload of the Saturn Multibody M02.

k6fcbiC.jpg

Are You Happy now, Cobby???? :rolleyes: Saturn M-02 + "Block IV" (sort off)!!!

4gULHS4.jpg

coP35LE.jpg

YaHnvHO.jpg

bZ1Y1WU.jpg

4sFDHtb.jpg

tC6PGam.jpg

fRMTtLr.jpg

lHunUMV.jpg

RUT6goR.jpg

Xnn3vSJ.jpg

XpE9zj0.jpg

Saturn I-C and M-02 show!!!

Yes... I'm bored to death, untill 1.2 will be as stable released and all plugin I'm using will be updated...

Edited by Araym

1 hour ago, Araym said:

Look at the above post of mine (or the Imgur link down here, that showing my Saturn I-C) and you can see THAT IVA already used by me :cool:
Adapted with the indication I posted some month ago, it fits enough decently.

k6fcbiC.jpg

Are You Happy now, Cobby???? :rolleyes: Saturn M-02 + "Block IV" (sort off)!!!

Reveal hidden contents

4gULHS4.jpg

coP35LE.jpg

YaHnvHO.jpg

bZ1Y1WU.jpg

4sFDHtb.jpg

tC6PGam.jpg

fRMTtLr.jpg

lHunUMV.jpg

RUT6goR.jpg

Xnn3vSJ.jpg

XpE9zj0.jpg

Saturn I-C and M-02 show!!!

Yes... I'm bored to death, untill 1.2 will be as stable released and all plugin I'm using will be updated...

You should try and incorporate the FASA LEM IVA into BDB. 

PS: The new CM IVA works beautifully.

16 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

You should try and incorporate the FASA LEM IVA into BDB. 

PS: The new CM IVA works beautifully.

I tried, but sadly FASA's internal for LEM has so many function related to the part from FASA itself that I could think only of problems...

... BUT if you like an internal for BDB LEM, just look at SXT Lack Stock Extension : it has an internal for its own MEM.

The model itself from SXT is pretty broken (I advice to NOT use it, as I tried to adapt before Cobalt release and I found a dangerosu issue when going EVA in 1.1.3, that shot/kill/explode your kerbal), but the IVA fit nicely and it's already set as working inside BDB's LEM cfg by Cobalt, JSO, and Venomous as "default" for the moment as INTERNAL (and it works without any "offset" adjustment, differently as the mentioned CM internal I had to "tweak").

Just drop it in any folder inside Gamedata one, in your game, if you are not willing to use the whole SXT pack (inside the BDB "Spaces" folder should do the trick, for example)

Edited by Araym

9 minutes ago, Araym said:

I tried, but sadly FASA's internal for LEM has so many function related to the part from FASA itself that I could think only of problems...

... BUT if you like an internal for BDB LEM, just look at SXT Lack Stock Extension : it has an internal for its own MEM.

The model itself from SXT is pretty broken (I advice to NOT use it, as I tried to adapt before Cobalt release and I found a dangerosu issue when going EVA in 1.1.3, that shot/kill/explode your kerbal), but the IVA fit nicely and it's already set as working inside BDB's LEM cfg by Cobalt, JSO, and Venomous as "default" for the moment.

Done. :D

Though one last thing, what is the IVA for the Tantares Orbital Module?

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Done. :D

Though one last thing, what is the IVA for the Tantares Orbital Module?

The one I used for the Saturn I-C?
It was an old IVA for the first release of Tantares ATV (the "Capella"), but now not more availabe in latest release (when the "Capella" model was reworked as unmanned, when previously had even space for kerbals and windows for them).
Actually I forget in which one the swap occurred, as I have a folder for "my edits" that I move from a KSP release to another (it includes old Beale's Salyut, Vostok, TKS, Gemini IVAs: even if they are outdated and not well detailed, they still fit in the latest one - if adapted -, as now, if IVA overlay is activated and it is present the Squad's "Placeholder" IVA, this one creates a big series of black squares all around the parts)

Edited by Araym

On September 15, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Jso said:

The Ascent Module appears to clip into the Decent tanks when there's not a decoupler there for spacing. That's why I haven't added that in. I do like the idea though. You can copy paste a ModuleDecouple from another part if you want to play with it.

MM with decoupler module and move the node up a couple of units? 

22 minutes ago, komodo said:

MM with decoupler module and move the node up a couple of units? 

Yeah, it looks like there's room to do that without it hovering. I've been pondering what sort of trouble adding a decoupler would cause, but as long as there's not an engine built in as well I think we're good.

@Araym well Ledenko's old K-P0LL0 stuff is completely open source IIRC. And all of @Beale's stuff is free to be redistributed in BDB (With his blessing, of course). Do you think you could shoot a zip in a PM to me and @Jso so we can take a look at them and get them up on the Github? I know a couple people have volunteered to make IVAs for the Apollo and LEM, but I haven't seen *too* much from any of them, so I'm letting them take their time/fade away if they don't wind up completing them. In the meanttime those IVAs look good.

Also, if you have a LEM IVA stand-in that works I'd love to see it. :wink:

12 minutes ago, skyhawkmlt said:

Sarnus SIV, SI decoupler, SII liquid fuel tank, the F1 engine, etc.... normal I guess? I downloaded straight from github

Most of the Sarnus bits are not finished yet. They were uploaded with a placeholder checkerboard texture so that they could be balanced, tested for collider bugs, make sure the rocket fits together, etc. If you want the latest stable release, look here.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Araym well Ledenko's old K-P0LL0 stuff is completely open source IIRC. And all of @Beale's stuff is free to be redistributed in BDB (With his blessing, of course). Do you think you could shoot a zip in a PM to me and @Jso so we can take a look at them and get them up on the Github? I know a couple people have volunteered to make IVAs for the Apollo and LEM, but I haven't seen *too* much from any of them, so I'm letting them take their time/fade away if they don't wind up completing them. In the meanttime those IVAs look good.

Most of the Sarnus bits are not finished yet. They were uploaded with a placeholder checkerboard texture so that they could be balanced, tested for collider bugs, make sure the rocket fits together, etc. If you want the latest stable release, look here.

Agreed. K-P0LL0 works beautifully. So I guess you can scrap the idea of IVAs for now.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Cobalt... check your forum mail... :P
I sent to you the zip... :wink:

Edited by Araym