[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

53 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Well, I've been testing the new Realplume effects, all except 1 looks good (it's the smaller RCS vernier engine see below). They seem to look beautifully :D (Well, okay, the problem is more with the plumes itself rather than position. Its just not as epic as it used to be when in the lower part of atmosphere so, when you guys get to the F-1, it'll look amazing in the upper atmosphere, but in the lower atmosphere, it will be less amazing. HOWEVER, leave that to the RP guys ;).)

Well we did recently disable the smoke for LFO engines...

Was about to report some bugs when I saw the new update (Yay, new stuff!). Unfortunately it seems the bugs are still there. 

First one is that it seems some of your science experiments don't like the latest version of DMagicScienceAnimate, v0.12. The gieger counter and folding magnetometer parts have no experiments (Haven't tried others farther in the tech tree). Rolling back to the v0.9 DMagicScienceAnimate included in your previous release fixed it. 

Another problem is that the probe cores will not properly transmit data from experiments. It will show transmission progress and consume EC but won't actually transmit anything. Antennas from your mod and stock work fine, it's just the probe cores. I use RemoteTech if that helps.

Edited by BadOaks

7 hours ago, BadOaks said:

Was about to report some bugs when I saw the new update (Yay, new stuff!). Unfortunately it seems the bugs are still there. 

First one is that it seems some of your science experiments don't like the latest version of DMagicScienceAnimate, v0.12. The gieger counter and folding magnetometer parts have no experiments (Haven't tried others farther in the tech tree). Rolling back to the v0.9 DMagicScienceAnimate included in your previous release fixed it. 

Another problem is that the probe cores will not properly transmit data from experiments. It will show transmission progress and consume EC but won't actually transmit anything. Antennas from your mod and stock work fine, it's just the probe cores. I use RemoteTech if that helps.

The science transmit, or lack thereof is a remote tech bug. Check their thread , even the last page or two have commiserate bugs :) 

13 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Is was playing and noticed the name for the Agena small fuel tank, it's called Belle 160 but should be Belle 60.

Thanks for letting me know, a lot of the fuel tanks never got their names changed after the rebalances.

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: BUG: Atlas booster fairing clings to the rocket on 1.1.

Thought I'd bring it up since the beta is nearly over.

Is that still happening? In the latest download? It was happening on my end but I fixed it. I will look into it again.

7 hours ago, BadOaks said:

Thank you for reporting! Are you playing on 1.1 or 1.0.5? If DMSA doesn't work on 1.0.5 that wouldn't surprise me, since it's the version for 1.1. But if that's still not working then I am not sure what to do. The other experiments that use it would be the micrometeorite detector and the cameras. Do those also not work?

Thanks @komodo for telling me about the RemoteTech bug, I wouldn't know where to start. I do remember experiencing that issue one of my recent attempts to play.

Please keep the reports coming everyone! I'd like to keep this upcoming release bug-free.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

If DMSA doesn't work on 1.0.5 that wouldn't surprise me, since it's the version for 1.1.

Ah, that might be it! Yes, I'm using 1.0.5, just downloaded your mod last week and am enjoying the hell out of it.

2 hours ago, BadOaks said:

Ah, that might be it! Yes, I'm using 1.0.5, just downloaded your mod last week and am enjoying the hell out of it.

Ah, yes. The latest builds were for testing in 1.1. The last version I officially support for 1.0.5 is v0.10. With that said, nothing from the new builds should be breaking the game apart from the DMSA version. Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I think you've already figured out but check back, I post updates on progress a couple days a week, and I try and get dev builds out whenever I have something worth showing.

EDIT: Oops I meant to say this in the post.

I will be streaming tonight starting in <30 minutes (likely less). I had meant to stream last night, but wasn't feeling well. Stream will be on my Twitch channel, and will likely go until my bedtime (11-12 EST). Tonight I'm going to be doing some bugfixes, then work on some SEP stuff that I'm sorely behind on, and then probably going to be playing around with more Gemini parts. Specifically I was thinking of starting on the experiments I had planned. I might also try and get the lander in game, along with some other parts that have already been partially UV unwrapped + textured.

EDIT2: And a small note, as I haven't been able to follow a set schedule for streams, the best way to know when they're starting is to subscribe to me on Twitch, and keep a close eye on the thread.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, DarthVader said:

where can I get the latest version for 1.05? SpaceDock doesn't keep old versions, it seems. i remember Kerbalstuff did.

The version on Spacedock is the same version. I just tagged it as 1.1 compatible since everything seemed to be working ok at first. Otherwise, the version on Github in the OP has the most recent release.

Stream is over! Thanks to everyone who came, especially @fs10inator and @TimothyC for joining on skype to help host! Not much new stuff got done - I wound up spending a good chunk of the stream trying to debug the hatches + ladders on the Hermes and MOS. I eventually succeeded, but then spent the rest of the night working on SEP's new gravimeter. Next stream will be Thursday or Friday, and I'll be picking up where I left off with the Gemini experiments and the rest of the DKAP project. A new build has been uploaded to Github, which really only has the colliders fixed on those two craft, as well as a fix to the sciencedefs.

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I really look forward till VDS Cams to be uploaded. :D 

Yeah, that and HSS.. It's absolutely infuriating playing in this stupid baby tiny planet. I need it to be harder! I miss my inclination changes! ;-;

Ah, but let's keep that kind of talk to their respective threads, or more preferably muffled all together.  

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, that and HSS.. It's absolutely infuriating playing in this stupid baby tiny planet. I need it to be harder! I miss my inclination changes! ;-;

Ah, but let's keep that kind of talk to their respective threads, or more preferably muffled all together.  

I'm more attracted to Sigma Dimensions 64k. 

And I have to rebalance EVERY SINGLE ISP. Before you say real fuels, it doesn't work for me. I use stock fuels and edit the ISP of the Atlas rockets to 500 at SL.

10 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

So I actually just came up with a really dope way to use the Centaur interstage for a new station...

Oh that's a neat trick!

One (kinda) cool thing I noticed - even with 4 'probe' sized (read: non Gigantor) solar arrays, the MOL uses too much power. Looks like you'll need to use the big solar panels I'm making. I am planning on making 2-3 different ones for MOL, just for variety's sake. There were a couple really cool design, including one for a 1.875m inline array, which would be much lower profile than the others at the cost of, well, being inline.

morl2.jpg

morls4b.jpg

10 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I made another logo using the BDB_WormLogo with the Centaur image you have on the OP. Here it is (made with a whopping 2 minutes in a photo editor):

One tip - I'm assuming you have layers in whatever program you used? Select the empty space of the logo layer, feather the selection by 1 pixel, and then delete it. It will smooth out the edge and get rid of the nasty aliasing.

9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

A little update on the situation... I see now that all of my visual mods I like to use have updated to 1.1, and holy crap, here's one for the front page.

One of the first things you learn in film/animation - dark is not automatically good and it's not automatically cinematic. :P Making something too dark to see doesn't make it pretty, unless you're using a really strong silhouette. 

Increasing the ambient light and installing planetshine would make that look a lot better.

10 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah I have layers, I probably can do it later today. I don't know what feathering is though, but I'll look it up.

It blurs the edges of the selection. At 1px you're basically just anti-aliasing the edge.