[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I need some help, please. I've run into this same problem, and for the life of me, I can not figure out how to fix it. 

Real quick, I installed RPM and ASET, but in IVA view of the buffalo cockpit some of the dials are showing up as hexidecimal numbers instead of dials.

FYI, everything else seems to be working fine.

Here's a screenshot of my issue.

Reveal hidden contents

EhkLWrl.png

I know @Angel-125 said it's an issue with RPM/ASET, but I've looked all over their pages, and I can't find any reference to this anywhere.

Can someone please follow up on this a little, or pm me and point me in the right direction how to fix it? I really, really want to start using this mod.

The quickest solution is to disable ASET for Buffalo. You can do this by going to Buffalo/Parts/Command/BuffaloCab.cfg, and commenting out the following lines:

@PART[WBI_BuffaloCab]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]:NEEDS[ASET_PROPS]:NEEDS[ASET_Avionics]
{
    @INTERNAL[WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceStock]
    {
        @name = WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET
    }
}

They should look like this:

//@PART[WBI_BuffaloCab]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]:NEEDS[ASET_PROPS]:NEEDS[ASET_Avionics]
//{
//    @INTERNAL[WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceStock]
//    {
//        @name = WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET
//    }
//}

I don't know the current state of ASET, but I've heard that a 1.2.2 version is in the works. I think KSP 1.2.2 messed things up for ASET/RPM.. I'll likely have to redo the IVA if a new version of ASET is released, and it's the main reason that the Bison doesn't have any ASET IVAs.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I need some help, please. I've run into this same problem, and for the life of me, I can not figure out how to fix it. 

Real quick, I installed RPM and ASET, but in IVA view of the buffalo cockpit some of the dials are showing up as hexidecimal numbers instead of dials.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't know the current state of ASET, but I've heard that a 1.2.2 version is in the works. I think KSP 1.2.2 messed things up for ASET/RPM.. I'll likely have to redo the IVA if a new version of ASET is released, and it's the main reason that the Bison doesn't have any ASET IVAs.

As @Angel-125 says, this is due to a KSP change.  From the RPM release page on Github:

BREAKING CHANGE

• ATTENTION IVA MAKERS: Due to KSP's change from TextMesh to TextMeshPro, the color tags (eg [#00ff00] must be changed to an HTML-style format <color=#00ff00>).

This affects the ASET props and ASET avoinics, features used in many custom IVA's for stock and mod craft.  I went through and did a crafted regexp search-and-replace and there are over a hundred of them.  It's complex as the HTML-style implies needing a closing "</color>".  I think I got them all right, but changing them has either caused or exposed other errors in the IVA's and you see them usually as misplaced or oversized text.

I could put more effort into fixing them, but I think @Angel-125 is right.  Disabling the use of ASET and sticking to just the RPM props (which have been changed) is likely the best course.  Even when there's a new KSP 1.2 version of the ASET out, there's likely to still be artifacts until IVA's using those ASET props are updated.

Doing some engineering work for Buffalo Wings. I'm getting an idea for what's needed, including a tilt-rotor engine, saddle tanks for fuel (and to widen the landing gear), and the like. It looks like stock wings are just fine, no need to create custom ones.

hZtgsNN.png

67E0vsn.png

My initial tests of using stock part modules to tilt the engines isn't working that great due to the way that symmetry works. But that's ok, this is all R&D...

Happy Holidays folks! :)

6 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Will you create a new aircraft cockpit for buffalo of just carry on using the pod that is already in?

I'll keep the pod as is. Somebody suggested adding a transparent nose cone to the Buffalo's nose node though, to improve aerodynamics.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Channel wings? I'm not familiar with that. I'm mostly going by the V-22 Osprey as my inspiration for Buffalo Wings.

Key search term, "Custer channel wing". The wing is a u-shape around a prop, not a full shroud, a half shroud. The extra air velocity due to engine prop draft increases lift dramatically for very good STOL performance. The down side is that engine out flying performance is poor. 

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

@Angel-125 I made a post a few days back about a problem with the ground stabilizer while in orbit, it got buried pretty quick and I'm not sure you saw it, so I made you a github issue. Tell me if you need anything more to solve this.

Thanks. For now, just park using wheels.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, Angel-125 said:

1.0.2 should do it, but I don't support prior versions.

Can someone explain to me (preferably in a simple way) how to manually install mods? I got 1.02, downloaded it, unzipped it, then copied it to my game data folder. Then, when I loaded the game, the loading bar flashed all the different buffalo internals, parts, etc., but when I got into the game, none of the above existed :(. all I really want out of the mod is jetman, but I can get anything to work. I don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall my entire game just for a minor patch, but I will if I have too. My current version is 1.2.1

thanks and srry for my lack of knowledge :(.

37 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Can someone explain to me (preferably in a simple way) how to manually install mods? I got 1.02, downloaded it, unzipped it, then copied it to my game data folder. Then, when I loaded the game, the loading bar flashed all the different buffalo internals, parts, etc., but when I got into the game, none of the above existed :(. all I really want out of the mod is jetman, but I can get anything to work. I don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall my entire game just for a minor patch, but I will if I have too. My current version is 1.2.1

thanks and srry for my lack of knowledge :(.

Are you starting in Career or Science mode? If so, you have to research the technologies to unlock the parts. Try starting a Sandbox game and see if the parts appear. The other thing to try is be sure to click the "Buffalo" icon in the part category list - you should see them there.

Edited by Bombaatu

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

Are you starting in Career or Science mode? If so, you have to research the technologies to unlock the parts. Try starting a Sandbox game and see if the parts appear. The other thing to try is be sure to click the "Buffalo" icon in the part category list - you should see them there.

I only play in sandbox mode :(. and there is no "buffalo" icon in the part category list :(. if needed I can supply a list of all mods incase they conflict or.

1) I just recently found this mod and WOW, I love it!  Combined with Pathfinder, I'm just in awe.  Thank you so much!

2) The Outback ESP:  I'm currently using TAC-LS, and when I reconfigure the ESP for TAC-LS storage, it seems way off.  It can sustain a single kerbal for something like 244 days.  And the mass ratio is completely off compared to the base TAC-LS parts.  Is this by design?  Just seems a little weird that a backpack can hold a half year's supply of food, water, and oxygen. :)  Also would you consider maybe making it so the ESP can have both LS storage AND battery power since kerbals need both to live in a couple of different LS mods?

3) The jetwing is super fun.  Also dangerous. That is all.

Edited by archnem

9 hours ago, archnem said:

1) I just recently found this mod and WOW, I love it!  Combined with Pathfinder, I'm just in awe.  Thank you so much!

2) The Outback ESP:  I'm currently using TAC-LS, and when I reconfigure the ESP for TAC-LS storage, it seems way off.  It can sustain a single kerbal for something like 244 days.  And the mass ratio is completely off compared to the base TAC-LS parts.  Is this by design?  Just seems a little weird that a backpack can hold a half year's supply of food, water, and oxygen. :)  Also would you consider maybe making it so the ESP can have both LS storage AND battery power since kerbals need both to live in a couple of different LS mods?

3) The jetwing is super fun.  Also dangerous. That is all.

I haven't looked at the Outback in awhile, and I don't use TAC, so if you have some values you can suggest, that would be helpful. :)

@Sharpy Looks cool! :)

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I haven't looked at the Outback in awhile, and I don't use TAC, so if you have some values you can suggest, that would be helpful. :)

@Sharpy Looks cool! :)

Well, at least 10% of current values.  I'll do some maths and come up with some values I think are more in-line with the base TAC stuff, but it might take a day or two, I am not getting much KSP time lately as I have 2 kids under 2 in my house lol.  I've also noticed other parts in Pathfinder that seem a bit off, so I might take a look at those as well.  I'll get back to you when I can.

I keep having pathfinder parts appear in orbit when I take crew recovery contracts, without any way to get them out. For example, this time I have one inside of a deflated doc science lab. Since it's deflated, there isn't an option to Eva. I also had one inside of a Spyglass without a hatch. I have to edit the save and replace it with an MK1 to complete the mission.

15 minutes ago, catcha said:

I keep having pathfinder parts appear in orbit when I take crew recovery contracts, without any way to get them out. For example, this time I have one inside of a deflated doc science lab. Since it's deflated, there isn't an option to Eva. I also had one inside of a Spyglass without a hatch. I have to edit the save and replace it with an MK1 to complete the mission.

You need this mod.

The next version of Buffalo, 1.1.0, is now available.

New Parts
- Buffalo Drill: This inline drill is about half as good as the stock radial drill.
- Buffalo SAS Module: This inline SAS module is as good as the Advanced Inline Stabilizer.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- The Crew Cab can participate in Pathfinder's Gold Strike mini-game.

Hi,

i've created a mod wich is compatible and include a patch for your external seat,

please let me know if you agree with it (i will remove your patch if not), if you want to include the patch in your mod instead of mine, also can you notify me if something is changing in the concerned parts?

Thank you.

On 1/14/2017 at 9:57 AM, Skalou said:

Hi,

i've created a mod wich is compatible and include a patch for your external seat,

please let me know if you agree with it (i will remove your patch if not), if you want to include the patch in your mod instead of mine, also can you notify me if something is changing in the concerned parts?

Thank you.

Looks good. :) Probably best for you to include it in your mod as it's easier to keep up to date that way. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.