[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Are you in career or sandbox mode

Tried both, didn't see it. Then checked sandbox mode again and there's an attachment which makes it show up. I don't recall needing this when I last successfully installed mechjeb (the version compatible with KSP .22). Is there a way to make MJ work without that attachment?

Yes it does. It's working fine with 10.9 here thanks very much. Try posting more details if you want help: is this in career mode or sandbox? What other mods do you have installed that might be conflicting? Did you install correctly (i.e., drop the entire MechJeb2 folder inside the GameData folder?). More details would help figure out what's going on with your system.

I am currently running OSX 10.9 and have been trying to use mechjeb in sandbox mode. I currently have Core anvil, chatter and RLA electric engines add ons installed and have tried placing mech jeb in the files gamedata>squad>parts>utility and in the parts folder seen on the page next to game data, saves, screenshots etc. The parts appear in the VAB and can be attached to rockets but unfortunatly I have not been able to access the MJ controls on the launch pad.

Hop this information is useful. Any help would be appreciated.

You need the download from sarbian's signature, it adds the toolbar support

I already had MJ with full toolbar support, thanks to the additional plugin (MechjebMenuToolbar.dll) from sarbian. It is just MJ 2.1.1. that, on my system at least, does not interface with that plugin. Back to the dev build, and that works again.

Is there a way of finding out which research unlocks which mechjeb window? I'm not sure where to find it..

I may provide a list, but better a procedure to find that info:

- open either one of the part.cfg files in "MechJeb2/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202" or "MechJeb2/Parts/MechJeb2_Pod", any text editor like notepad will do;

- search for this string: "MechJebCore" within the opened file;

- the lines after that string are the names of each module with MechJeb, and next in brackets the name of the technology that unlocks them.

I may provide a list, but better a procedure to find that info:

- open either one of the part.cfg files in "MechJeb2/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202" or "MechJeb2/Parts/MechJeb2_Pod", any text editor like notepad will do;

- search for this string: "MechJebCore" within the opened file;

- the lines after that string are the names of each module with MechJeb, and next in brackets the name of the technology that unlocks them.

Got it! Thanks for that

H'mmm, I have 'interesting' bug / problem that I think 'might' be associated with MJ...

I am running the latest release. I have a sat deployment system that has worked in previous releases. Now when I deploy one of the sats, I start getting exceptions thrown into the ksp.log. Even when i undock from the carrier, the same happens.

I have looked through the log(s) and here is the culprit, I think.

[LOG 17:42:05.645] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Register(ModuleSPU(, ca4df6d3-3cd0-4038-916e-ce5a2efe1500))

[ERR 17:42:05.673] MechJeb caught exception in core OnSave: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnSave (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 17:42:05.832] MechJeb module MechJebModuleThrustController threw an exception in Drive: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.CelestialBodyExtensions.RealMaxAtmosphereAltitude (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.VesselState.TerminalVelocity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleThrustController.TerminalVelocityThrottle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleThrustController.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 17:42:05.838] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:42:05.856] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 17:42:07.311] Target: None

[EXC 17:42:07.334] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:42:07.349] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:42:07.400] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:42:07.415] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:42:07.458] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Please let me know of any other info, tests or such that I can provide.

Thanks sarbian for all of your fantastic work. MJ is the #1 mod for me......

Hi, I also seem to be having a problem getting this working.

I've done a clean install (from steam), downloaded version 2.1.1 and dumped the 'MechJeb2' folder into GameData.

I get the parts in the vehicle editor but when I attach them I don't get the MechJeb tab appearing.

I've tried in both Career and Sandbox with no success. I've tried to edit the cfg files so all options are available at tech level 'start'.

A few people have posted in this thread and said they've had similar problems but have come up with some solutions, but no details have been posted. Any ideas?

Antivirus blocking the dll seems to be a common thing.

I've just given it a go with my antivirus completely disabled, still no mechjeb tab. And going through the antivirus logs, it is registering that KSP.exe is accessing mechjeb2.dll without issue.

I also want to add that I'm currently not running any other mods. I was hoping to get mechjeb working and go from there.....

I'm sure I'm just missing something incredibly simple, it's just frustrating, I use the ÃŽâ€v stats quite heavily in designing rockets.

Mj tab works for me, but having an odd bug. When ever a planned maneuver gets down to the last 0.1ms of thrust the Blue marker starts to go haywire and the shipping starts chasing it... making executing burns useless.

I've just given it a go with my antivirus completely disabled, still no mechjeb tab. And going through the antivirus logs, it is registering that KSP.exe is accessing mechjeb2.dll without issue.

I also want to add that I'm currently not running any other mods. I was hoping to get mechjeb working and go from there.....

I'm sure I'm just missing something incredibly simple, it's just frustrating, I use the ÃŽâ€v stats quite heavily in designing rockets.

Yeah, I don't know. I'd suggest redownloading MechJeb and doing a "verify integrity" on KSP.

I have posted more info regarding the issue that I am seeing with MJ. Post #267; NullReferenceException Hitting whenever undocked,but goes away when docked.?????

With this, I am unable to have / control multiple objects close to each other for some reason.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Mj tab works for me, but having an odd bug. When ever a planned maneuver gets down to the last 0.1ms of thrust the Blue marker starts to go haywire and the shipping starts chasing it... making executing burns useless.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :) MJ tries to execute node ideally, but it correctly works only with crafts that are quick to turn. There is a tolerance option it maneuver planner, try setting it to 1 m/s, for example, so MJ won't try to execute maneuver THAT precisely.

I have posted more info regarding the issue that I am seeing with MJ. Post #267; NullReferenceException Hitting whenever undocked,but goes away when docked.?????

With this, I am unable to have / control multiple objects close to each other for some reason.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Are you using engineer redux? I had same issue until it was updated some time ago. I also removed some of other mods since then and issue just disappeared, it may not be actually MJ's.